Singapore Expats

What is SUBSTANTIAL SOCIO-ECONOMIC BENEFITS ?

A moderated forum for serious discussions only.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 28 Feb 2008 10:57 pm

I think it's called petulant hitting back the only way he/she could think of for telling him/her off earlier. :roll:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Jeppo
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Jeppo » Fri, 29 Feb 2008 9:02 am

So there we were in the middle of the desert and the cat on fire. With no water at hand we did the most logical thing and dropped our draws. Now, have you ever tried to pee on a flaming cat? Not easy. So the 3 of us are running around trying to extinguish said flaming cat, when Bill had the brillaint idea to shoot it. Perfect, the cat was no longer screaming around and the fire was soon put out. And the cat? Delicious. :cool: :P :lol:

bruinbear
Regular
Regular

Post by bruinbear » Fri, 20 Jun 2008 6:29 pm

I don't see how the 17 year old American boy can be convinced to do NS. It will be a complete culture shock, to say the least.

In that case stay away from Singapore forever. JB is nearby.

With the Melvin saga, I think the Govt is tightening up on all this. Man-on-the-street was very unhappy that Melvin got away so easily. Widely perceived to be very unfair to all the NS-men. Govt won't want to lose any more votes.

icyblue

Hi Primitovo

Post by icyblue » Wed, 02 Jul 2008 9:41 am

Hi Primitovo

I dont quite understand you and your son does not care about singapore, you wrote as such in your own words,

Neither you are interested in singapore nor your son.

Now after US greencard neither you nor your son needs singapore
(your words project as such)

So now such that you dont want to be associated with Singapore what is the big deal for you? why should you bother, you can just write whatever you want to singapore authorities and do nothing.

Why dont you and your son forget about singapore totally.

Right now there is nothing they can do to you. So what is your problem

this i dont understand.

Offcourse not to mention directly or indirectly, intentionally or unintentionally, one way or the other you have used singapore Passport for you and your son - isnt it!! So what price should you think you have to pay for it ??

just a thought.

best regards

Forks
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Hi Primitovo

Post by Forks » Sun, 06 Jul 2008 2:42 pm

icyblue wrote:Hi Primitovo

I dont quite understand you and your son does not care about singapore, you wrote as such in your own words,

Neither you are interested in singapore nor your son.

Now after US greencard neither you nor your son needs singapore
(your words project as such)

So now such that you dont want to be associated with Singapore what is the big deal for you? why should you bother, you can just write whatever you want to singapore authorities and do nothing.

Why dont you and your son forget about singapore totally.

Right now there is nothing they can do to you. So what is your problem

this i dont understand.

Offcourse not to mention directly or indirectly, intentionally or unintentionally, one way or the other you have used singapore Passport for you and your son - isnt it!! So what price should you think you have to pay for it ??

just a thought.

best regards
English isnt your first language is it, that or you are really pi$$ed off, or a lawyer, just a tad too much verbiage and not quite making sense, although I get the gist off it.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 06 Jul 2008 11:59 pm

Forks, come on man. She and her son are Singaporeans. Therefore Singlish is their first or second language *ducks from flying brickbats* :lol:
although I get the gist off it.
Wonder if you'd do better if you got the gist of it?

Hoist by thy own petard methinks? Happens to me all the time as well. And I usually end up with egg on my face too! :wink:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Forks
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Forks » Mon, 07 Jul 2008 1:24 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Forks, come on man. She and her son are Singaporeans. Therefore Singlish is their first or second language *ducks from flying brickbats* :lol:
although I get the gist off it.
Wonder if you'd do better if you got the gist of it?

Hoist by thy own petard methinks? Happens to me all the time as well. And I usually end up with egg on my face too! :wink:
Damm that auto correct feature, must turn it off. :)

Its a bit to assume that if they are SGPers that they are fluent in Singlish, you have to explain the ducks brickbats thing to me though.

icyblue

Post by icyblue » Mon, 07 Jul 2008 2:04 pm

TO Croooked...Fork..

Yes ur right english is not my first language and iam not ashamed of it like you!!!

I bet you feel very inferior that english is not your first language.. ..
If not you will concentrate on the subject matter in the contrxt i wrote instead of showing your stupidity...

Well in forum it is not necessarily to be grammatically correct however as much as possible we can take effort to write in proper english,, but some times in our fast forward world were got time.. unless some one is like FORK wasting all the time looking to correct others..

Your words are similar to the Crooked Forks which explains your mannerisim and mind set. Either you need a beautiful girlfriend in your life to keep you happy for the thing you miss or you are born like this by nature.

and as sundaymorningstaple pointed to you? are you any better in english? coward complains on the auto-correct feature unnecessarily.

People like you (FORK) just wait to see other peoples mistakes when they themselfs have nothing worthwhile to contribute to their family or society.

bye bye Forkie .... fork your social language first, before forking others.

with respect .. (dont misunderstand fork excluding you..)

Fork dont loose your temper, keep cool if you are man enough, if you admit you are a adolescent kid,, then no complains,, there are many more years for you to grow up!!!!

icyblue..

Forks
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Forks » Mon, 07 Jul 2008 3:38 pm

icyblue wrote:TO Croooked...Fork..

Yes ur right english is not my first language and iam not ashamed of it like you!!!

I bet you feel very inferior that english is not your first language.. ..
If not you will concentrate on the subject matter in the contrxt i wrote instead of showing your stupidity...

Well in forum it is not necessarily to be grammatically correct however as much as possible we can take effort to write in proper english,, but some times in our fast forward world were got time.. unless some one is like FORK wasting all the time looking to correct others..

Your words are similar to the Crooked Forks which explains your mannerisim and mind set. Either you need a beautiful girlfriend in your life to keep you happy for the thing you miss or you are born like this by nature.

and as sundaymorningstaple pointed to you? are you any better in english? coward complains on the auto-correct feature unnecessarily.

People like you (FORK) just wait to see other peoples mistakes when they themselfs have nothing worthwhile to contribute to their family or society.

bye bye Forkie .... fork your social language first, before forking others.

with respect .. (dont misunderstand fork excluding you..)

Fork dont loose your temper, keep cool if you are man enough, if you admit you are a adolescent kid,, then no complains,, there are many more years for you to grow up!!!!

icyblue..
Best laugh I have had all day, touche! :lol:

icyblue

Post by icyblue » Wed, 09 Jul 2008 12:33 pm

Yeah i know,

You just write one sentence, COWARD!.

Be true to yourself first..

forkie...

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 09 Jul 2008 1:06 pm

icyblue,

Your little tantrum is getting a bit tedious. Why don't you get off of your Daddy's computer before he catches you.

On this forum, we do try to write proper English, even in this "Fast Forward World" as you like to call it. Any job worth doing, is worth doing right. Course if I were still in secondary school like you, apparently with no friends either (can understand why as well), I can understand your petulance.

Forks
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Forks » Wed, 09 Jul 2008 10:38 pm

Dude, I think you missed the meaning of the word "touche" it could be attributed to mean, "fair point, ya got me" which in the context of my post was meant to mean I agreed with you, I was being a bit snarky and I liked the piss take on the word fork.

But since you seem to be getting your insults out of the Big Book of Primary School Insults, So There Nya Nya Nya I will ask a few questions.

1. Coward? would you like to slap me with a glove and then have pistols at dawn, or perhaps a bare knuckle knock down bar fight? What exactly are you getting at here. "Jerk" or "Ass" I could understand but coward?

2. Whats with this beautiful woman comment from before. As mentioned elsewhere methinks you doth protest to much, your own insecurity comes through there sport, what has anything I have said ever on this forum got to do with me needing a beautiful woman, are you one by chance? :wink: Is this an offer, if so you just have to ask, Im available.

3. Finally is this your first time on the internet? You seem to be getting somewhat offended by the wild world of forums, yes I was a bit rough with my original comments (it wouldn't be the first time I typed before I thought on this forum) but I dont remember flaming you that badly, untwist your knickers and drink a nice big cup of CALM DOWN DUDE!

But if your still fuming, or reaching for the dictionary then feel free to issue the challenge, there is a reason why i dont go onto forums that are not in my native language, useally coz I cannot articulate well enough and I have had the unfortunate pleasure of meeting people like yourself who think that the basic ability in a language is enough and they can now articulate like Kissinger and therefore they can string together just enough big words to seem pretentious, ridiculous and asinine in one go, if that's what you were aiming for well done you have succeded.

I'm no angel but you sir appear to be well into the bloom of that which is most juvenile as well as having a rather atavistic understanding of irony, humor and perhaps English, feel free to prove me wrong.