Singapore Expats Forum

Website for e-cards. Don't go there !

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Website for e-cards. Don't go there !

Postby ozchick » Wed, 20 Feb 2008 6:51 pm

Bad time with the following website:

happybirthdaytoyou.com :x

Avoid them like the plague !

They happily took my $9 credit-card payment and sent me a lovely 'copy' of what my brother should have received. The card was absolutely hilarious and he would have loved it. But he never received it.
When I try to phone them, they just have unhelpful recorded messages.
Likewise they wouldn't reply to 2 emails I have sent about the matter.

PS Feel better having dobbed on them !
Is there anywhere else I can publicise their poor service or report what's occurred etc? I've never before had trouble purchasing through internet sites.
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

Splatted
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Splatted » Wed, 20 Feb 2008 9:25 pm

one word: "chargeback"

call your credit card provider and state it was an unauthorized transaction.

Yeah, I know it's not honest, but neither is what they did to you.

ScoobyDoes
Manager
Manager

Postby ScoobyDoes » Thu, 21 Feb 2008 5:44 pm

There's plenty of free e-cards available on the web that nobody should pay and run the risk of sending money to a company you have no idea about.

You would simply give your credit card to anybody on the street so i don't know why people are so free with it online, especially when there are alternatives.

ozchick: Lesson learned. Learn and move on, the web is full of sites like these.

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Thu, 21 Feb 2008 7:35 pm

ScoobyDoes wrote:There's plenty of free e-cards available on the web that nobody should pay and run the risk of sending money to a company you have no idea about.

You would simply give your credit card to anybody on the street so i don't know why people are so free with it online, especially when there are alternatives.

ozchick: Lesson learned. Learn and move on, the web is full of sites like these.

Yeah you're right I know, but I'd checked out lots of 'free' sites and none of them had a card that came close to the perfect one I eventually 'bought' ......reckon I'll go back to the snail-mail system for birthdays in the future. Mind you, posting anything from Singapore to Oz involves thinking 2 weeks ahead (18 days in December) and that's tricky when you only have a 'chicken' brain. :( I do wonder what Singapore Post DOES with the mail before they finally send it south....great oddness that mail from Oz takes only 3 or 4 days to get HERE. :-|
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'