Singapore Expats Forum

favorite morning cereal?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

TommyTomTom

favorite morning cereal?

Postby TommyTomTom » Tue, 19 Feb 2008 2:43 am

Whats everyone's favorite morning cereal of all time?

I have a top three:

As you can see I am a chocoholic. I am interested in knowing what are the best singaporean cereals around. I am going to be in Singapore for the summer so I want to make sure my morning starts off well. :D

durain
Director
Director

Postby durain » Tue, 19 Feb 2008 8:04 am

weetabix. natural wholegrains stuff and not full of sugar. :wink:

nillahcootie

Postby nillahcootie » Sun, 02 Mar 2008 5:58 pm

Now my fave is FruityBix (the one with berries)

though many years ago it used to be Cap'n Crunch.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Sun, 02 Mar 2008 6:28 pm

Musli, Yogurt, and drinking vinegar, for a tangy smooth flavour, and to breakdown the sugar of carbohydrates, according to some research on the internet aids the deliverance of energy in a more controlled manner, than getting blood sugar spikes, from high glycemic loads. Vinegar reduces fatigue, and causes satiety, meaning you will probably eat less, and last longer.

http://www.sciencenews.org/articles/20050101/food.asp

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Sun, 02 Mar 2008 7:23 pm

ksl wrote:Musli, Yogurt, and drinking vinegar, for a tangy smooth flavour, and to breakdown the sugar of carbohydrates, according to some research on the internet aids the deliverance of energy in a more controlled manner, than getting blood sugar spikes, from high glycemic loads. Vinegar reduces fatigue, and causes satiety, meaning you will probably eat less, and last longer.

Well YOU MUST be bored !! Or desperate ! Come on KSL- give us something we can get our teeth into !! :cool:
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

isabelle85

Postby isabelle85 » Sun, 02 Mar 2008 8:26 pm

santarium, i dip the whole rectanglur block in milk and a little of honey and eat it. Or the honey bunch of oats is nice too, esp the strawberry flavour, its good as a alternative for potato chips when I am hungry.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 02 Mar 2008 9:24 pm

ozchick wrote:
ksl wrote:Musli, Yogurt, and drinking vinegar, for a tangy smooth flavour, and to breakdown the sugar of carbohydrates, according to some research on the internet aids the deliverance of energy in a more controlled manner, than getting blood sugar spikes, from high glycemic loads. Vinegar reduces fatigue, and causes satiety, meaning you will probably eat less, and last longer.

Well YOU MUST be bored !! Or desperate ! Come on KSL- give us something we can get our teeth into !! :cool:

Actually, ksl's got one of those multi-tasking minds. Hating the Politicians in the UK & Drinking vinegar (which tends to give verbal diarrhea while decreasing the pH in your stomach). The mere mention of anything remotely related will send him into spasms of delight which results in screenfuls of prose heavily punctuated by commas! :P (ksl, just 'avin some fun at your expense. :wink: )

Global Citizen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Global Citizen » Mon, 03 Mar 2008 12:06 am

My favourite and I'm not a huge cereal fan to begin with is Post's Honey Bunches of Oats for taste and second is Kellog's Special K for my waistline. :wink:
Last edited by Global Citizen on Mon, 03 Mar 2008 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
One man's meat is another's poison.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Mon, 03 Mar 2008 1:18 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
ozchick wrote:

Actually, ksl's got one of those multi-tasking minds. Hating the Politicians in the UK & Drinking vinegar (which tends to give verbal diarrhea while decreasing the pH in your stomach). The mere mention of anything remotely related will send him into spasms of delight which results in screenfuls of prose heavily punctuated by commas! :P (ksl, just 'avin some fun at your expense. :wink: )
I love it, I didn't think you had noticed! :lol: I openly admit, to not being normal, :lol: I am but myself, quite critical of others, typical of the Leo in me, although quite compassionate too, for the unfortunate people in the world.

What I truly love about the world is learning from it, I only respect governments when i see results passed on too the people. I'm a Robin Hood, just for Ozchick :wink: and maid Marian (my wife)....the verbal diarrhea turns, nothing into gold, and everyone is happy, and healthy too :roll: except me, that is.

I have even been told, if i fell in the shit, I would come out smelling of roses, because of the verbal diarrhea :) although that's not true at all, I've been in the shit quite a few times, and had to do the jankers! :wink: But it is like water off a ducks back, I try to participate, rather than revolt! Because I know where my bread is buttered.

OZchick, the breakfast is truly delicious, I am a fruit and nut cake, although i do change it around, every time i get bored with it....although I am the type to read every thing on a label, I have enough verbal diarrhea in my mouth, thank you very much!

So i'll eat anything providing it's tasty, and natural, I also love a typical English breakfast...although where to buy the good bacon?

Problem today is age, and calories.... :cry: I never get enough sex to work it off :wink: That was for Ozchick SMS, not you!

Superglide
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Superglide » Mon, 03 Mar 2008 3:27 am

Brioche, the sweet French bread / loaf, with cream cheese, alfalfa and rostbeef, bit of pepper and salt, completed with a double espresso.

Who TF needs cereals????
If only we could pull out our brain and use only our eyes.
Pablo Picasso

road.not.taken
Editor
Editor

Postby road.not.taken » Mon, 03 Mar 2008 7:48 am

Well, since the subject of the thread is 'favorite morning cereal', I guess the OP is looking for favorite cereals, not breakfasts...

TripleT, I think you are going to be a bit shocked when you get here and find out many American cereals are over S$10 per box. Their local equivalents are cheaper, but the ingredients are different and so is the taste. Unless you invest in some clips to secure the bag, absolutely airtight -- humidity and geckos will ruin your investment.:o

We usually have Quaker Oat Squares, Blueberry Morning, Lucky Charms, Low fat Granola and Grape-Nuts in the house -- those are usually around S$6/box. For a splurge, Dorset brand from Australia (?)

cutiebutie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby cutiebutie » Mon, 03 Mar 2008 4:09 pm

Superglide wrote:Brioche, the sweet French bread / loaf, with cream cheese, alfalfa and rostbeef, bit of pepper and salt, completed with a double espresso.

Who TF needs cereals????

Oh, how healthy and pretentious. (I thought it was either rosbif or roast beef, but maybe rostbeef is a Dutch specialty. )

Yes, cereals is the topic.

Hmm, I always loved the snap, crackle and pop! :D
- Thank God for Darwin -

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 03 Mar 2008 6:06 pm

cutiebutie wrote:Oh, how healthy and pretentious.

Oh, you've met Superglide have you? :P

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Mon, 03 Mar 2008 8:18 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:results in screenfuls of prose

"Screenfuls of prose!"
LOL I like that ! :D
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

Superglide
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Superglide » Tue, 04 Mar 2008 3:38 am

road.not.taken wrote:Well, since the subject of the thread is 'favorite morning cereal', I guess the OP is looking for favorite cereals, not breakfasts...

At least your reaction is rational and makes sense (it always does, I know that...).

Some here though... :roll:
If only we could pull out our brain and use only our eyes.

Pablo Picasso