Singapore Expats

face reshaping which doctor to go to?

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
littlepills

Re: face reshaping which doctor to go to?

Post by littlepills » Wed, 02 Apr 2008 4:09 pm

sarahbarah wrote:
littlepills wrote:Hi all, can anyone help me out?
I wanted to do face reshaping, not just mandible sculpture but cheek bone as well, anyone here done it before? pls share your experience. thanks:)
ditto! anyone who has had experience, PLEASE SHARE!
(im planning to do the cheekbone as well!)

little pills, what is your current face shape? For the jaw, if botox can help, you can save yourself half the operation costs and pain (i did botox, so i just need the cheek reduction now)

i've contacted almost all of the major clinics in korea

Even the US doctors i spoke to recommended that i go to a korean dr since they are the ones that do it the most and invented it to begin with

i heard that in korea, they not only shave the bone, but they move it in, down, and back (so it doesn't jut out in the front or side or too high

so far the prices range around 4000-6000USD

it is one of the bigger surgeries, so i plan to take 1.5 weeks off to heal
i know the healing time is different for different people, so i hope i am a fast healer! i heard that if you are less stressed during and after the surgery the healing is better.

here are some links to famous korean clnics and their before and after pics

http://drpark.co.kr/eng/info04.htm

http://english.bkclinic.com/photo/photo ... ?cate=face

http://www.drjosephwong.com/facial.php?m=y

http://www.nose.co.kr/english/recent/re ... LangType=1

http://www.dredmundkwan.com/results_ba_ ... wbone.html
sarahbarah,
Thanks a bunch for the link.
i can't afford the high price, if not i'll pick korea for my ps.
i think korean ps really did do a great job in face restructuring, just look at all the korean actress' face shape. just perfect!
you're going to look gorgeous!

i have squarish jaw and prominent cheekbone, like ermm..just to give you an example..hongkong actress Guo ke ying. but i think her ps is not a good one coz her face is too slim and a bit saggy. i think she had too much of her jaw shaved. another eg: hongkong singer Su yong kang.
anyway, any beautiful features combined with my face shape will turn up ugly.

boii18
Reporter
Reporter

Post by boii18 » Wed, 02 Apr 2008 6:47 pm

thank you! considering BK :)
lip lift (somyos) - sept09, eyes, lip redn in taipei - dec09

sarahbarah

consultation

Post by sarahbarah » Thu, 03 Apr 2008 4:01 am

good luck btw
Last edited by sarahbarah on Thu, 10 Apr 2008 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

littlepills

Post by littlepills » Tue, 08 Apr 2008 2:45 pm

^^sarahbarah,
Can i have your email address? it'd be better if we could talk over msn. :D
mine is [email protected]

Zoe_Low

Post by Zoe_Low » Sun, 13 Apr 2008 11:58 pm

Shaving bone at the jaw sounds painful!

I have a relatively round face too..on a petite Asian frame..it wasnt very flattering. I saw Dr Ho of Cosmopolitan Clinic who explained to me that a round face can be due to either
1) fat
2) muscles or
3) prominent jaw bones
Fortunately, he found that my round face was due to too much muscle (from my bad teeth grinding habit when i sleep!) and not the due to fat or square jaw bones. (I don't know what the treatment will be if its due to fat!)
Anyway, he recommended 2 injections of Botox on my jaws to 'soften' my muscles at the jaw and reduce my 'roundness"..the results were great after 3-4 weeks. Most of my girlfriends thought I lost weight :D

summerboy02
Regular
Regular

Post by summerboy02 » Mon, 21 Apr 2008 11:52 pm

Hey folks

Im not fat to begin with but due to lack of excercise and excessive eating,fats are showing on my face and its becoming chubby.Fold lines can even be seen on both side of my nasals to the mouth area.

Am thinking of doing Lipodissolve to make my face slimmer n chiselled.Anyone knows how the procedure and downtime is like?WHich doctor in singapore does this?The costs?

MAny thanks

perfume

Post by perfume » Tue, 22 Apr 2008 2:35 pm

i am considering to go to dr chuang for bone shaving.
understand it costs alot, and i am really afraid of the down time and the pain.. :-|

mikata

Post by mikata » Tue, 22 Apr 2008 11:02 pm

Zoe_Low wrote:Shaving bone at the jaw sounds painful!

I have a relatively round face too..on a petite Asian frame..it wasnt very flattering. I saw Dr Ho of Cosmopolitan Clinic who explained to me that a round face can be due to either
1) fat
2) muscles or
3) prominent jaw bones
Fortunately, he found that my round face was due to too much muscle (from my bad teeth grinding habit when i sleep!) and not the due to fat or square jaw bones. (I don't know what the treatment will be if its due to fat!)
Anyway, he recommended 2 injections of Botox on my jaws to 'soften' my muscles at the jaw and reduce my 'roundness"..the results were great after 3-4 weeks. Most of my girlfriends thought I lost weight :D
Hey Zoe, I'm interested in this as well. How much did Dr Ho charge you and were the Botox shots painful? Thanks!

strawberrystar

Post by strawberrystar » Mon, 28 Apr 2008 3:59 am

Hi everyone.
Planning on getting my cheekbones reduced by Dr. Kim from BK Plastic Surgery Clinic in Korea. He travels to Shanghai a couple of times a month to operate there so I think I'll do mine in China instead of Korea.

I'm quite nervous of plastic surgery. Never done it before! But I'm so sick of my bulky face that I need to do something about it now. Anyone heard of anesthetic awareness? Heard that it happens with 0.2% of people who undergo surgery. They suddenly become aware during the surgery and feel the pain... :S so scared that this might happen even though the chances are slim.

I've heard that it takes up to 2 weeks for the swelling and bruising to fade. I'm from Norway and I'm taking a 6 week break in China to do the surgery. Dr. Kim said it would take up to 4 weeks for the visible signs to disappear. Nice to know because my parents nor my boyfriend know anything about my surgery...! They're against plastic surgery. Anyway, I've also researched a product called "Healing MultiNutrient Kit". It is said to speed up the healing process =) thinking of trying that out. Just wanted to let you guys know! It got lots of great reviews,

Anyone knows how it feels like being under anesthesia? I'm so scared! Just the thought of someone cutting through my skin freaks me out :S I also need tips on reducing my anxiety?

Cheers!

ohlala_PS
Regular
Regular

Post by ohlala_PS » Mon, 28 Apr 2008 12:45 pm

what's that thing called which they inject something in your face to dissolve fat?

I wanted to do just a regular lipo at first but i've heard that it doesn't work much

what is vaserlipo then?

my face is a combination of muscle and fat (thank god not bones), after botox 3 times, my face did slim down but since it's smaller now, the fat becomes more obvious.

I only wanna reduce a bit fat around my jawline not anywhere else.

any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. ! :wink:

Eugenehk

Abroad?

Post by Eugenehk » Tue, 29 Apr 2008 2:24 pm

Are you referring to reshaping your face in Sg or abroad? If abroad, I know of a world renowned doctor with reasonable price.
Hi !
Anyone who wish to know about Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery at very reasonable cost. Not just for the rich & famous only but available for ordinary folks.

littlepills

Post by littlepills » Tue, 29 Apr 2008 8:10 pm

^^May i know which doctor?

angeleye

Post by angeleye » Mon, 05 May 2008 1:36 pm

How about Dr. Lee in Loh Guan Lye?
Is he good at cheekbone reduction surgery? Has anyone gone there for this surgery before?
Stay young and beautiful..

evonchinyn

Post by evonchinyn » Mon, 05 May 2008 11:36 pm

Hi rosegarden,

I want to know more about lipodissolve, does it really help to slim down cheeks? i got fat cheeks, how much does it cost? do you know of any good doc in singapore?

mintgirl
Regular
Regular

Post by mintgirl » Tue, 06 May 2008 10:22 pm

Hey strawberrystar, can you pls tell me when Dr Kim will be in China? I'm going to Taiwan, but will be going to China to visit relatives too. Might get jaw shaving done....maybe. I'm scared of the pain, and don't like hearing negative news about dr kim -_-