Singapore Expats Forum

British Airways Recruitment

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
User avatar
purple.sara
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 210
Joined: Fri, 14 Dec 2007

Postby purple.sara » Wed, 12 Mar 2008 8:59 pm

hmm...seems like a pretty tough choice to make...
understand how u feel...having bout the same kinda dilema...
my fren had gotten her call...so good for her... :)
2 more days to admit defeat :?

User avatar
purple.sara
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 210
Joined: Fri, 14 Dec 2007

Postby purple.sara » Wed, 12 Mar 2008 9:03 pm

praying hard for those who hadn't get the call..update if u gotten the call :) so worried

User avatar
myfairlady
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun, 02 Mar 2008

Postby myfairlady » Wed, 12 Mar 2008 11:17 pm

pamie wrote:
figment wrote:Hi everyone, I just got my call frm British Airways too. Still wondering if I should go for the interview as I just received a promotion.

In any case, selerez, my interview is also on the 24th Monday at Holiday Inn PV, but time is 10.30am. I think they should have staggered the interviewees into different timeslots? I answered the call in pelting rain and it was so noisy I was afraid I got the details wrong. She also said the WHOLE interview would take 1 hour so I'm assuming we're just going there for the proficiency test? Or am I wrong? (Intending to take just a half day that day if I go for the interview)

From reading the threads, I understand that SIN based BA crew are paid in pounds. Does anyone have an inkling on an average monthly pay (in pounds or in Sing Dollars) of a SIN based BA crew? TIA peeps! :)


wow.. double congrats...

:) nt sure abt pay though..



Hey I got the call from them at 3plus in the afternoon too.
Mine is on 24th March, 12noon at Holiday Inn PV. :wink:

I am also wondering about the pay.. people said it's higher than SQ.
How true is that? Is there any current (sin based) BA crew here who can help to enlighten us? If SQ is around $3.5k take home monthly, does it means BA hits about SGD 4k plus take-home monthly?

TIA! :)

pamie
Regular
Regular
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed, 05 Mar 2008

Postby pamie » Wed, 12 Mar 2008 11:23 pm

myfairlady wrote:
pamie wrote:
figment wrote:Hi everyone, I just got my call frm British Airways too. Still wondering if I should go for the interview as I just received a promotion.

In any case, selerez, my interview is also on the 24th Monday at Holiday Inn PV, but time is 10.30am. I think they should have staggered the interviewees into different timeslots? I answered the call in pelting rain and it was so noisy I was afraid I got the details wrong. She also said the WHOLE interview would take 1 hour so I'm assuming we're just going there for the proficiency test? Or am I wrong? (Intending to take just a half day that day if I go for the interview)

From reading the threads, I understand that SIN based BA crew are paid in pounds. Does anyone have an inkling on an average monthly pay (in pounds or in Sing Dollars) of a SIN based BA crew? TIA peeps! :)


wow.. double congrats...

:) nt sure abt pay though..



Hey I got the call from them at 3plus in the afternoon too.
Mine is on 24th March, 12noon at Holiday Inn PV. :wink:

I am also wondering about the pay.. people said it's higher than SQ.
How true is that? Is there any current (sin based) BA crew here who can help to enlighten us? If SQ is around $3.5k take home monthly, does it means BA hits about SGD 4k plus take-home monthly?

TIA! :)


congrats congrats :)
~ pamie pamie pamie ~

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4292
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Wed, 12 Mar 2008 11:44 pm

myfairlady wrote:
From reading the threads, I understand that SIN based BA crew are paid in pounds. Does anyone have an inkling on an average monthly pay (in pounds or in Sing Dollars) of a SIN based BA crew? TIA peeps! :)




To the best of my knowledge a newbie will receive around 8-10K in pounds -23-30k SGD. From previous threads the allowances seem to make up to much the same as SIA. You may find those with a lot of service are being paid much more than a newbie for doing exactly the same job. This 'stunt' is common in Britain thanks to the current obsession with cost cutting.

User avatar
myfairlady
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun, 02 Mar 2008

Postby myfairlady » Wed, 12 Mar 2008 11:47 pm

Plavt wrote:
myfairlady wrote:
From reading the threads, I understand that SIN based BA crew are paid in pounds. Does anyone have an inkling on an average monthly pay (in pounds or in Sing Dollars) of a SIN based BA crew? TIA peeps! :)




To the best of my knowledge a newbie will receive around 8-10K in pounds -23-30k SGD. From previous threads the allowances seem to make up to much the same as SIA. You may find those with a lot of service are being paid much more than a newbie for doing exactly the same job. This 'stunt' is common in Britain thanks to the current obsession with cost cutting.


23-30k SGD >> refer to annually? Is this the basic?

And this sentence "You may find those with a lot of service are being paid much more than a newbie for doing exactly the same job." >> Do you mean those with more service work experience will be paid better? Or do you mean the seniors are paid more allowance than the junior?

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4292
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Thu, 13 Mar 2008 12:24 am

myfairlady wrote:
23-30k SGD >> refer to annually? Is this the basic?


Annual and basic, that a month? You have high hopes. :o

And this sentence "You may find those with a lot of service are being paid much more than a newbie for doing exactly the same job." >> Do you mean those with more service work experience will be paid better? Or do you mean the seniors are paid more allowance than the junior?


Staff with longer service .i.e. those who joined the company before a certain time are on different contracts.

Please note: British Airways is notably silent about its pay rates, if I can find more accurate information I will post it here.

Flippin
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu, 13 Mar 2008

Postby Flippin » Thu, 13 Mar 2008 12:47 am

Hi,

I went for their last recruitment. Managed to go to 2nd round when they mentioned about pay. Basic is v low, only $500/mth (not sure if they have increased it) but with flying allowances you should be able to make 3K to 3.5K/mth which is not too bad.

Waiting for their call. Hopefully hear from them tmrw or Fri. Fingers crossed.
Live and let live

figment
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed, 12 Mar 2008

Postby figment » Thu, 13 Mar 2008 1:34 am

Flippin wrote:Hi,

I went for their last recruitment. Managed to go to 2nd round when they mentioned about pay. Basic is v low, only $500/mth (not sure if they have increased it) but with flying allowances you should be able to make 3K to 3.5K/mth which is not too bad.

Waiting for their call. Hopefully hear from them tmrw or Fri. Fingers crossed.


Hmm. If that's really the case, i.e. 3K - 3.5K per month (I'm assuming this is take-home, not gross), then it's a little on the low side considering I had a better take home pay previously whilst flying.

Plus, if I'm earning around that amount now too, guess I should classify this under my 'cons' list then..? :?

User avatar
myfairlady
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun, 02 Mar 2008

Postby myfairlady » Thu, 13 Mar 2008 4:28 am

figment wrote:
Flippin wrote:Hi,

I went for their last recruitment. Managed to go to 2nd round when they mentioned about pay. Basic is v low, only $500/mth (not sure if they have increased it) but with flying allowances you should be able to make 3K to 3.5K/mth which is not too bad.

Waiting for their call. Hopefully hear from them tmrw or Fri. Fingers crossed.


Hmm. If that's really the case, i.e. 3K - 3.5K per month (I'm assuming this is take-home, not gross), then it's a little on the low side considering I had a better take home pay previously whilst flying.

Plus, if I'm earning around that amount now too, guess I should classify this under my 'cons' list then..? :?


Hi, you mention you had better take home pay previously whilst flying. Was it with SQ? Whats the average pay like? for GROSS per month? The working hours are between 80 - 100hrs per mth right?

User avatar
myfairlady
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun, 02 Mar 2008

Postby myfairlady » Thu, 13 Mar 2008 4:29 am

Flippin wrote:Hi,

I went for their last recruitment. Managed to go to 2nd round when they mentioned about pay. Basic is v low, only $500/mth (not sure if they have increased it) but with flying allowances you should be able to make 3K to 3.5K/mth which is not too bad.

Waiting for their call. Hopefully hear from them tmrw or Fri. Fingers crossed.


When was this interview that u went? (How long ago?)

When u said 3k to 3.5k per mth, do u mean take-home pay?
Not Gross right (I am hoping not)

Flippin
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu, 13 Mar 2008

Postby Flippin » Thu, 13 Mar 2008 7:45 am

Their last recruitment was end of 2006.

They did not mention if it was gross or take home. Think they prefer to give a conservative amount in case some really want the job just for the money. Trip length varies from 3 to 10 days. BA is apparently quite good with off days, unlike SQ. It was and is a 1-year temp contract which might be renewed depending on manpower need and performance. Since they are recruiting now, I'm assuming those who were successful in 2006 have their contract renewed for another year. Good for them!

From what i remember of what was shared (very nervous then), it is quite a small base with very low turnover rate. Many of them had been flying for more than 10 years! A friendly bunch who put in effort to make us feel relaxed.

Gotta run, don't want to be late for work! :D
Live and let live

jiahuipiggy
Regular
Regular
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri, 22 Feb 2008

Postby jiahuipiggy » Thu, 13 Mar 2008 8:42 am

myfairlady

congrats to you too...

hmm... day 4 already...

will they still be calling us?

or have they stop already?

from now i heard around maybe 5 have been called?

User avatar
babesweetcher
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu, 13 Mar 2008

Postby babesweetcher » Thu, 13 Mar 2008 9:11 am

hi, i also received a call at 3 20pm yesterday..wonder how many rounds of interview will it be this time :)

jiahuipiggy
Regular
Regular
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri, 22 Feb 2008

Postby jiahuipiggy » Thu, 13 Mar 2008 9:34 am

wow... suddenly so mani people receive call liao..

congrats.. happi for u all and sad for me...


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests