Singapore Expats Forum

Cathay Pacific Base In Singapore

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
purple.sara
Chatter
Chatter

Postby purple.sara » Tue, 25 Mar 2008 10:44 pm

i'm sure they will have recruitment again...but not so soon...
there's still lotsa airline now in need of staff... :D

whitepetals
Chatter
Chatter

Postby whitepetals » Tue, 25 Mar 2008 11:56 pm

yup i'll try for what comes along, but cathay is really a good company i guess, crew culture should be quite decent also, compared to SIA, people are going crazy there... haha!

at first i was quite sad tt i didnt get the call, but i'm taking it more positively now... neverthelessly i will try for cathay again!

have fun in hk peeps! :)

Capri
Regular
Regular

Postby Capri » Wed, 26 Mar 2008 8:48 am

whitepetals wrote:yup i'll try for what comes along, but cathay is really a good company i guess, crew culture should be quite decent also, compared to SIA, people are going crazy there... haha!

at first i was quite sad tt i didnt get the call, but i'm taking it more positively now... neverthelessly i will try for cathay again!

have fun in hk peeps! :)

Whitepetals, dont despair! Very best for your future career & we will sure update you & the rest if they are open for recruitment again... Cheers! :)

Capri
Regular
Regular

Postby Capri » Wed, 26 Mar 2008 9:05 am

mic83 wrote:hi... i just went for my medical today. it take around 1plus to 2hours. it all depend whether any other people. they will check almost eveything. from eye sight, hearing, Xray, blood test , urine test, body check and medical history.. im not sure how long they will take to reply us. hopefully it will be fast. now on waiting game again.

Thank you for yr kind updates mic83!

mic83
Regular
Regular

Postby mic83 » Wed, 26 Mar 2008 9:28 am

you are welcome capri. White petal ... there sre also many good company airline too. most important is have to ask yourself you want to see the world or you just want to come back home everyday.
there are quite a few airline recruiting soon. all the best for your interview.
if there is any recruitment for CX will post here again to let you know.

whitepetals
Chatter
Chatter

Postby whitepetals » Wed, 26 Mar 2008 10:56 am

thank you ladies for your encouragement!

yeah, i will try out for the other airlines, well, to see the world or not is not that much of an issue to me, i want to gain experience on board as a crew.. :)

i am excited for all of you going for the medical check and i hope all of you will make it! keep me updated here yah? :D :D

cheers! :D

slavesquarter

Postby slavesquarter » Wed, 26 Mar 2008 1:01 pm

whitepetals wrote:thank you ladies for your encouragement!

yeah, i will try out for the other airlines, well, to see the world or not is not that much of an issue to me, i want to gain experience on board as a crew.. :)

i am excited for all of you going for the medical check and i hope all of you will make it! keep me updated here yah? :D :D

cheers! :D

Peeps, think they are still calling and arranging. so this's good news. :D

slavesquarter

Postby slavesquarter » Wed, 26 Mar 2008 1:08 pm

mic83 wrote:hi... i just went for my medical today. it take around 1plus to 2hours. it all depend whether any other people. they will check almost eveything. from eye sight, hearing, Xray, blood test , urine test, body check and medical history.. im not sure how long they will take to reply us. hopefully it will be fast. now on waiting game again.

body check meaning we have to strip? what about spinal check?

Capri
Regular
Regular

Postby Capri » Wed, 26 Mar 2008 1:34 pm

[-( the waiting game is killing my nerves, everything... For those who hv any more news frm them, or medical... pls update us!

mic83
Regular
Regular

Postby mic83 » Wed, 26 Mar 2008 1:45 pm

slavesquarter wrote:

body check meaning we have to strip? what about spinal check?

not really. bra strip. of course have to have spinal check. it the most important for all airline. no airline will take any people with spinal problems. body check from neck to toe. check all the joints and blending all this. Hope that answer your quest.

mcchicky27

Postby mcchicky27 » Wed, 26 Mar 2008 2:53 pm

sorry if this question sounds stupid.. they dont check for scars etc rite?

=)

mic83
Regular
Regular

Postby mic83 » Wed, 26 Mar 2008 3:09 pm

Hi mcchicky27, they do check for scars, tattoo, birth marks and etc.

mcchicky27

Postby mcchicky27 » Wed, 26 Mar 2008 3:55 pm

oh no.. how about ur complexion? do they check?

and also, u mean they check ur skin?

i have 2 scars on my legs... =(

mic83
Regular
Regular

Postby mic83 » Wed, 26 Mar 2008 4:04 pm

mcchicky27 wrote:oh no.. how about ur complexion? do they check?

and also, u mean they check ur skin?

i have 2 scars on my legs... =(

Hmm.. i'm not too sure. cause i don't have complexion problem at the moment. maybe they do see but not check.

but i think if the scars is under uniform i think it fine.

:)

Capri
Regular
Regular

Postby Capri » Wed, 26 Mar 2008 4:13 pm

Do they check the fingernails? I need to do some manicure on my nails then... :lol: