Singapore Expats Forum

Cathay Pacific Base In Singapore

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
aikawarazu_35
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon, 10 Mar 2008
Location: SG

Postby aikawarazu_35 » Tue, 11 Mar 2008 8:41 am

adluvalex wrote:i've jus went my interview this mrng..

Firstly, they will have a career talk.. and after that, will have an arm-check..

Then, will be divided into 2 groups for our group introduction and a group discussion.. ok.. all of the ladies are cabin crews except me.. haha.. so quite pathetic.. The discussion is about giving another services that can be brought into the cabin.. so u must giv your best 3.. and discuss among your group..

Lastly, they will giv u a yellow form saying that candidates will be notified within 2 weeks and the following items to be brought during the 2nd round..

so thats bout it.. haha.. don realli like the feeling of waiting 2 weeks.. and heard that everyday there's bout 100ppl coming for the interviews.. so imagine how many will get booted out.. :?


May I know roughly how long did the interview take?
Tnx!

squeaks
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed, 05 Mar 2008

Postby squeaks » Tue, 11 Mar 2008 9:17 am

My timing was yesterday 230, ended just before 430. But I was in group 3 so had to wait a while for group 1 and 2 to finish their group discussion first. But generally quite fast!

Good luck babes!

aikawarazu_35
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon, 10 Mar 2008
Location: SG

Postby aikawarazu_35 » Tue, 11 Mar 2008 9:23 am

squeaks wrote:My timing was yesterday 230, ended just before 430. But I was in group 3 so had to wait a while for group 1 and 2 to finish their group discussion first. But generally quite fast!

Good luck babes!


Thnx!

adluvalex
Regular
Regular
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu, 10 Jan 2008

Postby adluvalex » Tue, 11 Mar 2008 10:16 am

leeg wrote:
adluvalex wrote:i've jus went my interview this mrng..

Firstly, they will have a career talk.. and after that, will have an arm-check..

Then, will be divided into 2 groups for our group introduction and a group discussion.. ok.. all of the ladies are cabin crews except me.. haha.. so quite pathetic.. The discussion is about giving another services that can be brought into the cabin.. so u must giv your best 3.. and discuss among your group..

Lastly, they will giv u a yellow form saying that candidates will be notified within 2 weeks and the following items to be brought during the 2nd round..

so thats bout it.. haha.. don realli like the feeling of waiting 2 weeks.. and heard that everyday there's bout 100ppl coming for the interviews.. so imagine how many will get booted out.. :?


hey, during the group discussion, did they ask everyone to present? What are the things need to bring? Btw, did all the girls that were in the interview given yellow paper?


erm.. we have to discuss among our own group.. they didn't ask everyone to present.. haha.. so either 1 can just say the top 3 ideas that we chose.. u need not bring your certs during that interview whereas if u went into the 2nd round. u will need to bring all the documents.. Yes, all of us have the yellow paper.. :D

It take bout 20mins for the career talk and bout 1hr for the interview session.. :)

Fatty
Regular
Regular
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri, 22 Feb 2008

Postby Fatty » Tue, 11 Mar 2008 12:23 pm

recent gt some scratch scar on my arm haven recovered:( r they strict on this? & do they have self intro round, other den the discussion session? :)

leeg
Member
Member
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun, 02 Mar 2008

Postby leeg » Tue, 11 Mar 2008 1:14 pm

Hey Adlux,

Thanks for the info.... so no one gg for the 1030 slot on 12th march. Anyone back from the interview for today slot? How was it?

adluvalex
Regular
Regular
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu, 10 Jan 2008

Postby adluvalex » Tue, 11 Mar 2008 1:18 pm

yes.. self intro followed by group discussion.. =)

leeg-u're welcome.. :D

slavesquarter
Member
Member
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu, 07 Feb 2008

Postby slavesquarter » Tue, 11 Mar 2008 1:33 pm

thanks for the info peeps :D
just wanna ask whethe rCX is taking in stewards as well?

mcchicky27
Member
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue, 27 Jun 2006
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby mcchicky27 » Tue, 11 Mar 2008 1:34 pm

hi all, i just came back from today's interview at 12pm.

There is a career talk first, then reach test, must be able to reach at 208cm. There is no arm check.

Afterwhich we were been divided into groups for group activities. In a group of 12, give a self introduction then a tropic was throw for discussion.

After everything end, they pass u a yellow slip and tell u that if u are successful, u will be notify within 2 weeks. The interviewers are generally very friendly. Quite a good experience. =D~

aikawarazu_35
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon, 10 Mar 2008
Location: SG

Postby aikawarazu_35 » Tue, 11 Mar 2008 2:20 pm

mcchicky27 wrote:hi all, i just came back from today's interview at 12pm.

There is a career talk first, then reach test, must be able to reach at 208cm. There is no arm check.

Afterwhich we were been divided into groups for group activities. In a group of 12, give a self introduction then a tropic was throw for discussion.

After everything end, they pass u a yellow slip and tell u that if u are successful, u will be notify within 2 weeks. The interviewers are generally very friendly. Quite a good experience. =D~


Thanks for the info :)

aikawarazu_35
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon, 10 Mar 2008
Location: SG

Postby aikawarazu_35 » Tue, 11 Mar 2008 2:24 pm

mcchicky27 wrote:hi all, i just came back from today's interview at 12pm.

There is a career talk first, then reach test, must be able to reach at 208cm. There is no arm check.

Afterwhich we were been divided into groups for group activities. In a group of 12, give a self introduction then a tropic was throw for discussion.

After everything end, they pass u a yellow slip and tell u that if u are successful, u will be notify within 2 weeks. The interviewers are generally very friendly. Quite a good experience. =D~


Btw, what happens if the arm reach is not 208 cm?

the*Shoes
Member
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri, 20 Jul 2007

Postby the*Shoes » Tue, 11 Mar 2008 2:46 pm

Need an advice for self intro.

What do i say as self intro?, name, age, profession,
do i need to say hobbies and interests....?? :???:

User avatar
purple.sara
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 210
Joined: Fri, 14 Dec 2007

Postby purple.sara » Tue, 11 Mar 2008 3:28 pm

jus came back from the 1030am interview...was a good experience, much better then SQ, more of a relax interview...
but i realise some candidates are not very well prepared...so...
some intro tips

-do make your intro a interesting and confident one, like interesting experience at work thins like tat

-don't have to be long, as ppl will find it too draggy and agrresive

-get straight to the point with ur main focus of y u chose CX and a gd brief self intro will do

-smile and look at the other candidates not focusing on the interviewer cause it makes them feel better as they're nervous like everyone else and looking at the interviewer will make u even more nervous

hope what i say makes sense...cause i'm pretty happy with my intro today short simple...and give a gd impression with all these points on my mine...
jus wan to share, even though i'm not a profesional... :)

mcchicky27
Member
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue, 27 Jun 2006
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby mcchicky27 » Tue, 11 Mar 2008 4:57 pm

aikawarazu_35 wrote:
mcchicky27 wrote:hi all, i just came back from today's interview at 12pm.

There is a career talk first, then reach test, must be able to reach at 208cm. There is no arm check.

Afterwhich we were been divided into groups for group activities. In a group of 12, give a self introduction then a tropic was throw for discussion.

After everything end, they pass u a yellow slip and tell u that if u are successful, u will be notify within 2 weeks. The interviewers are generally very friendly. Quite a good experience. =D~


Btw, what happens if the arm reach is not 208 cm?


Hmm, according to them, if u cant reach, u cant proceed to the group activity. so have to leave.

aikawarazu_35
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon, 10 Mar 2008
Location: SG

Postby aikawarazu_35 » Tue, 11 Mar 2008 5:26 pm

mcchicky27 wrote:
aikawarazu_35 wrote:
mcchicky27 wrote:hi all, i just came back from today's interview at 12pm.

There is a career talk first, then reach test, must be able to reach at 208cm. There is no arm check.

Afterwhich we were been divided into groups for group activities. In a group of 12, give a self introduction then a tropic was throw for discussion.

After everything end, they pass u a yellow slip and tell u that if u are successful, u will be notify within 2 weeks. The interviewers are generally very friendly. Quite a good experience. =D~


Btw, what happens if the arm reach is not 208 cm?


Hmm, according to them, if u cant reach, u cant proceed to the group activity. so have to leave.



Is it? :? thnx anyway


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest