Singapore Expats Forum

Cathay Pacific Base In Singapore

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
michelle.chng2585
Member
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue, 06 Mar 2012
Location: Singapore

Re: Is Cathay still recruiting SIN based flight attendants?

Postby michelle.chng2585 » Tue, 06 Mar 2012 2:49 pm

mkisses wrote:
michelle.chng2585 wrote:
mkisses wrote:
michelle.chng2585 wrote:
mkisses wrote:
michelle.chng2585 wrote:
mkisses wrote:
michelle.chng2585 wrote:Is Cathay still recruiting SIN based flight attendants? I read the thread and found out that we can send an email to them at SIN_BASED@cathaypacific.com is that right? Also what do i need to include in the email?


No they're only recruiting from HK as of now. The thread that you read should be from 2006 or 2007. I saw it too. Check their website and you will see they only want to hire people with HK citizenship currently.


Thanks for the reply mkisses! Sigh.. What other airlines are SIN based and hiring as of now..any idea?


Scoot had their recruitment just about 2 weeks ago. According to news, they will be holding another one in March. So maybe you can check out their website occassionally.


Tiger has had their last interview about 3 weeks ago too.

SQ also having another mass recruitment in April.

Other than that, Jetstar is always recruiting. You can email to them your resume. Email is found at their website.


Thank you! I will go check them out. Are u looking to apply too mkisses?


I got into scoot from the recruitment they had 2 weeks ago. Going for contract briefing tomorrow and hopefully, my medical results will turn out well :)

Was thinking if I fail scoot, I'll try SQ. But if it's medical problem, then I guess I'll get the same results whichever airline I try.


That's nice! Do share with me what they have k? I missed all the datelines cos i wasn't paying much attention to the recruitment drives. I am thinking of trying SQ again.. Just worried that if i don't get in now then it will be too late >"< Don't worry, i am sure you will do just fine! I'll root for you!!


You went for SQ before? Scoot was the first airline I applied for, since I just graduated haha. Wanted to try SQ but had something on the day they had their previous recruitment.

You can check out the thread below if you wanna try Scoot! There's alot of info about their recruitment stages there. Currently they didnt release any recruitment news yet but according to a Channel Newsasia report in Jan, Scoot's gonna hold recruitment drive in March too so do take note if you're interested :)


Yup i did, got turned down 2 times.. I am not that young anymore though.. Like what someone told me i am on the wrong side of the 20s = =
Thinking of trying bigger airlines cos of age la.... not that i have anything against the small ones.. :(

mkisses
Regular
Regular
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu, 01 Mar 2012

Re: Is Cathay still recruiting SIN based flight attendants?

Postby mkisses » Tue, 06 Mar 2012 2:56 pm

michelle.chng2585 wrote:
mkisses wrote:
michelle.chng2585 wrote:
mkisses wrote:
michelle.chng2585 wrote:
mkisses wrote:
michelle.chng2585 wrote:
mkisses wrote:
michelle.chng2585 wrote:Is Cathay still recruiting SIN based flight attendants? I read the thread and found out that we can send an email to them at SIN_BASED@cathaypacific.com is that right? Also what do i need to include in the email?


No they're only recruiting from HK as of now. The thread that you read should be from 2006 or 2007. I saw it too. Check their website and you will see they only want to hire people with HK citizenship currently.


Thanks for the reply mkisses! Sigh.. What other airlines are SIN based and hiring as of now..any idea?


Scoot had their recruitment just about 2 weeks ago. According to news, they will be holding another one in March. So maybe you can check out their website occassionally.


Tiger has had their last interview about 3 weeks ago too.

SQ also having another mass recruitment in April.

Other than that, Jetstar is always recruiting. You can email to them your resume. Email is found at their website.


Thank you! I will go check them out. Are u looking to apply too mkisses?


I got into scoot from the recruitment they had 2 weeks ago. Going for contract briefing tomorrow and hopefully, my medical results will turn out well :)

Was thinking if I fail scoot, I'll try SQ. But if it's medical problem, then I guess I'll get the same results whichever airline I try.


That's nice! Do share with me what they have k? I missed all the datelines cos i wasn't paying much attention to the recruitment drives. I am thinking of trying SQ again.. Just worried that if i don't get in now then it will be too late >"< Don't worry, i am sure you will do just fine! I'll root for you!!


You went for SQ before? Scoot was the first airline I applied for, since I just graduated haha. Wanted to try SQ but had something on the day they had their previous recruitment.

You can check out the thread below if you wanna try Scoot! There's alot of info about their recruitment stages there. Currently they didnt release any recruitment news yet but according to a Channel Newsasia report in Jan, Scoot's gonna hold recruitment drive in March too so do take note if you're interested :)


Yup i did, got turned down 2 times.. I am not that young anymore though.. Like what someone told me i am on the wrong side of the 20s = =
Thinking of trying bigger airlines cos of age la.... not that i have anything against the small ones.. :(


Are they very strict? I don't really have the confidence to try SQ cause of my teeth. Like in my impression, SQ girls have perfect teeth but I've got tiger tooth.

But for bigger airlines that are Singapore based, I think there's only SQ. You have to wait like really long for Cathay, Finnair, British Airways etc. Were you a cabin crew before?

michelle.chng2585
Member
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue, 06 Mar 2012
Location: Singapore

@mkisses

Postby michelle.chng2585 » Tue, 06 Mar 2012 3:02 pm

Hello.. realised that the quote is getting bigger and bigger..Decided to start a new one. Nope i was not a cabin crew before this. SQ seems to have dropped their standards.. But the questions they ask in the 1st round of interview is different from normal interviews for jobs.

The question i got in my 1st round was "if you were a local food, which one would you be and why?"

the second time i was asked " what is your favourite fruit and why?"

There's no right or wrong answers.. i had friends who tried once and got in, friends who tried 8 times and got in and some never got in.. I don't have pretty looking teeth.. not close enough to straight teeth i guess..

mkisses
Regular
Regular
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu, 01 Mar 2012

Re: @mkisses

Postby mkisses » Tue, 06 Mar 2012 3:08 pm

michelle.chng2585 wrote:Hello.. realised that the quote is getting bigger and bigger..Decided to start a new one. Nope i was not a cabin crew before this. SQ seems to have dropped their standards.. But the questions they ask in the 1st round of interview is different from normal interviews for jobs.

The question i got in my 1st round was "if you were a local food, which one would you be and why?"

the second time i was asked " what is your favourite fruit and why?"

There's no right or wrong answers.. i had friends who tried once and got in, friends who tried 8 times and got in and some never got in.. I don't have pretty looking teeth.. not close enough to straight teeth i guess..


I guess they just wanna see your reaction and your ability to talk. But really random questions can be more difficult than typical interview questions instead.

Are your friends' teeth straight? Lol. My teeth were the only reason holding me back from trying SQ. So I'm really curious about their teeth standards. Lol.

I've heard of people who tried 11 times and finally got in. As long as you desire and not give up, I think u can keep on trying.

michelle.chng2585
Member
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue, 06 Mar 2012
Location: Singapore

Re: @mkisses

Postby michelle.chng2585 » Tue, 06 Mar 2012 3:11 pm

mkisses wrote:
michelle.chng2585 wrote:Hello.. realised that the quote is getting bigger and bigger..Decided to start a new one. Nope i was not a cabin crew before this. SQ seems to have dropped their standards.. But the questions they ask in the 1st round of interview is different from normal interviews for jobs.

The question i got in my 1st round was "if you were a local food, which one would you be and why?"

the second time i was asked " what is your favourite fruit and why?"

There's no right or wrong answers.. i had friends who tried once and got in, friends who tried 8 times and got in and some never got in.. I don't have pretty looking teeth.. not close enough to straight teeth i guess..


I guess they just wanna see your reaction and your ability to talk. But really random questions can be more difficult than typical interview questions instead.

Are your friends' teeth straight? Lol. My teeth were the only reason holding me back from trying SQ. So I'm really curious about their teeth standards. Lol.

I've heard of people who tried 11 times and finally got in. As long as you desire and not give up, I think u can keep on trying.


I think so.. they all have pretty good teeth... Maybe i should really go fix my teeth before going? But its gonna be ex to get it done.. cos i think SIA allows invisalign but not braces? Maybe i really should go.. there is one coming up in 14 April

mkisses
Regular
Regular
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu, 01 Mar 2012

Re: @mkisses

Postby mkisses » Tue, 06 Mar 2012 3:20 pm

michelle.chng2585 wrote:
mkisses wrote:
michelle.chng2585 wrote:Hello.. realised that the quote is getting bigger and bigger..Decided to start a new one. Nope i was not a cabin crew before this. SQ seems to have dropped their standards.. But the questions they ask in the 1st round of interview is different from normal interviews for jobs.

The question i got in my 1st round was "if you were a local food, which one would you be and why?"

the second time i was asked " what is your favourite fruit and why?"

There's no right or wrong answers.. i had friends who tried once and got in, friends who tried 8 times and got in and some never got in.. I don't have pretty looking teeth.. not close enough to straight teeth i guess..


I guess they just wanna see your reaction and your ability to talk. But really random questions can be more difficult than typical interview questions instead.

Are your friends' teeth straight? Lol. My teeth were the only reason holding me back from trying SQ. So I'm really curious about their teeth standards. Lol.

I've heard of people who tried 11 times and finally got in. As long as you desire and not give up, I think u can keep on trying.


I think so.. they all have pretty good teeth... Maybe i should really go fix my teeth before going? But its gonna be ex to get it done.. cos i think SIA allows invisalign but not braces? Maybe i really should go.. there is one coming up in 14 April


Yup I also thought of doing invisalign but not sure will it be effective enough :/ My friend is pretty but she had braces on. Even tho she stated that her braces will be removed 4 months later, she still got eliminated in the first round. Anyway let's talk in pm instead!

Sorry everyone for the sidetracking!

fauzjay
Regular
Regular
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed, 11 Apr 2012
Location: Tampines
Contact:

Postby fauzjay » Thu, 19 Apr 2012 3:41 am

i missed the 14th april one! anyone knows when's the next one?

A319
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat, 27 Dec 2008

Postby A319 » Sat, 31 Aug 2013 10:54 pm

Recruitment in Sin! pls refer to 31 Aug of the papers

pianoplayer
Regular
Regular
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu, 26 Jul 2012

Postby pianoplayer » Sun, 01 Sep 2013 11:30 pm

A319 wrote:Recruitment in Sin! pls refer to 31 Aug of the papers


do you have the details? i dont have e papers! :(((

angel--ina
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed, 04 Sep 2013

Postby angel--ina » Thu, 05 Sep 2013 6:20 pm

At Cathay Pacific Airways, we pride ourselves on providing "Service Straight From the Heart" to our valued customers. With our aim to make Cathay Pacific "the world's best airline" and to support the company's operational needs, we invite committed and enthusiastic individuals to join our professional team of Flight Attendants.


Key responsibilities:
Carry out inflight safety and security procedures.
Provide excellent customer service which exceeds passengers' expectations.
Anticipate and respond to passengers' needs promptly and in a professional manner.
Requirements:
Citizen or Permanent Resident of Singapore.
Minimum age of 18 years.
Minimum level of GCE 'O' Level or equivalent with a pass in English.
Fluency in English plus one of the following languages is required: Cantonese, Mandarin, Japanese, Korean. A third language is preferred.
Polished interpersonal skills, with positive attitude and customer-oriented mindset.
A minimum arm reach of 208 cm and physical fitness to pass the pre-employment medical assessment.
If you are interested, please send your resume/cv to sin#base@cathaypacific.com with your email title as ( your name - Application for the position of Flight Attendant via flygosh.com )

Deadline to apply is 13 September 2013.

Successful applicants will enjoy the following:
Flexible work schedule
Annual leave
Medical benefits
Monthly basic salary plus flight pay, and outport meal allowance
Staff and family concessional travel benefits
Comprehensive insurance scheme
- See more at: http://www.flygosh.com/2013/09/cathay-p ... .html#more

angel--ina
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed, 04 Sep 2013

Re: :)

Postby angel--ina » Thu, 05 Sep 2013 8:54 pm

Paige wrote:
100 wrote:
Eclair wrote:Cya
1) limsophia
2) Jas
3) eclair
4) hethel
Who else?


7)100
C you guys on Monday :)


To those who had taken up the offer...

All the best in your training.. there is really shortage of cabin crew for cx sin-based. Now only left abt 20++ BC...
The training may not be easy.. but as long as u put in ur 101% effort.. you will be able to clear..

Cheers!
Paige :wink:


any cx crew here willing to share more abt the benefits for sin base crew?

how long is the bond? how much to pay if u break yr bond?
how much can u take home after CPF monthly?
beside monthly salary.. any other bonus?
any other destination u fly to beside sin- hkg- bkk- sin?

thank u very much

crumpler
Member
Member
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue, 09 Jul 2013

Postby crumpler » Fri, 06 Sep 2013 11:50 am

Duplicate
Last edited by crumpler on Fri, 06 Sep 2013 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crumpler
Member
Member
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue, 09 Jul 2013

Re: :)

Postby crumpler » Fri, 06 Sep 2013 11:52 am

angel--ina wrote:
Paige wrote:
100 wrote:
Eclair wrote:Cya
1) limsophia
2) Jas
3) eclair
4) hethel
Who else?


7)100
C you guys on Monday :)


To those who had taken up the offer...

All the best in your training.. there is really shortage of cabin crew for cx sin-based. Now only left abt 20++ BC...
The training may not be easy.. but as long as u put in ur 101% effort.. you will be able to clear..

Cheers!
Paige :wink:


any cx crew here willing to share more abt the benefits for sin base crew?

how long is the bond? how much to pay if u break yr bond?
how much can u take home after CPF monthly?
beside monthly salary.. any other bonus?
any other destination u fly to beside sin- hkg- bkk- sin?

thank u very much



Taken from previous post:

let me advise you on the routes which u will be flying if u are selected.

SIN-HK (day 1)
HK-BKK-SIN (day 2)

OR
SIN-BKK-HK(day 1)
HK-SIN(day 2)

you will be doing this pattern 3 times, then will get 2 days rest..
remember that all allowance will be paid in hk dollars when u check in at the hotel.
As for the flying allowance, u will only be paid when the engine start and when the engine stop. Which is about <4hrs for a sin-hk flt. Smile

Please also take note to those who will get selected. when u reach there for training, u will need to pay for dental for cx to keep a dental record. This was not mentioned during our offer session

________________________________________________________

Pay wise i heard after CPF is about SGD$1k++ ( But for the outport allowance is in HKG Dollarsand is so weak now)

... kinda low pay in my opinion.


It's basically quite similar to Silkair. But only SIN-HKG back to SIN (Passengers profile are usually Singaporeans and PRC)

Add on....As those experiences crew should know that HKG turn is the worst flight ever with lots of demand and request withthin a 3.5hours flight with FULL MEAL SERVICE some more! Faint!

There are so many alternatives right now. I guess if you are looking for a better destinations to work in u should try Scoots, JQ,SIA & JAL (They are hiring almost every month) coz the places they fly to are so much better than CX

I hope it clear your doubts and think twice before u apply Smile :?

escadagirl85
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue, 03 Sep 2013

Postby escadagirl85 » Wed, 11 Sep 2013 3:13 pm

Anyone applied for this recruitment?

Kittylim
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed, 17 Jul 2013

Postby Kittylim » Wed, 11 Sep 2013 4:30 pm

I did... just received their invitation email though..

escadagirl85 wrote:Anyone applied for this recruitment?


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests