Singapore Expats

Cathay Pacific Base In Singapore

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
chocolatefries

Re: Cathay Pacific Base In Singapore

Post by chocolatefries » Thu, 26 Jul 2018 12:50 am

PinkyChubs wrote:Super long. :( When did you did your medical and english test?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey! I had my english test last week and medical abt 3 weeks ago! And yes im still waiting too:(

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 26 Jul 2018 8:54 am

chocolatefries wrote:

Hey! I had my english test last week and medical abt 3 weeks ago! And yes im still waiting too:(

I think I know why PinkyChubs may be waiting....

"When did you did your medical and english test? 'did you do' & "English" :roll:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

PinkyChubs

Post by PinkyChubs » Thu, 26 Jul 2018 8:57 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
chocolatefries wrote:

I think I know why PinkyChubs may be waiting....

"When did you did your medical and english test? 'did you do' & "English" :roll:

Honestly, if you’re here at the forum just to find fault with people or correct grammar. Seriously find something better to do. Doing this and correcting someone else will not make you someone better.

Ask yourself. At the end of the day, what will you achieve out of this?

Cheers.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 26 Jul 2018 9:07 am

What will I achieve? Maybe helping you to brush up on your English. After all, it IS an English test you were taking and if you make those kinds of basic grammar mistakes here then you are likely to make them elsewhere as well. If something is worth typing, it worth doing right, don't you think? After all, you are all applying to be ambassadors of your country when you are a member of a flight crew. You are your country's face for newcomers or visitors to your country. So it pays to brush up on the language that the airline wants you to be proficient in. You cannot use singlish when flying as a crew member.

If I make you stop and think, then I will have accomplished something. After all is said and done, it's your future. Sometimes if nobody says anything, you will continue the same old way and then wonder if possibly it was something you said or wrote that caused you to fail. So you have a choice, pout or think about what I've said and how it applies to your current anxiety waiting on text exams results. Have a good day.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

PinkyChubs

Post by PinkyChubs » Thu, 26 Jul 2018 9:18 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:What will I achieve? Maybe helping you to brush up on your English. After all, it IS an English test you were taking and if you make those kinds of basic grammar mistakes here then you are likely to make them elsewhere as well. If something is worth typing, it worth doing right, don't you think? After all, you are all applying to be ambassadors of your country when you are a member of a flight crew. You are your country's face for newcomers or visitors to your country. So it pays to brush up on the language that the airline wants you to be proficient in. You cannot use singlish when flying as a crew member.

If I make you stop and think, then I will have accomplished something. After all is said and done, it's your future. Sometimes if nobody says anything, you will continue the same old way and then wonder if possibly it was something you said or wrote that caused you to fail. So you have a choice, pout or think about what I've said and how it applies to your current anxiety waiting on text exams results. Have a good day.
Thanks for the free tutoring session. ;)

If you’re not happy with the way I type, then i guess you’re the kind of person who gets affected easily. Opps.
Just to let you know, just because you THINK your english is better than someone else dosent mean you can use it to your advantage and shame people around you.

Good day to you too. ;)

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 26 Jul 2018 4:23 pm

Pinky, I'm an HR Manager, I get CVs daily by the dozens. The last thing I like to see is a well-fabricated CV attached to an eMail message full of errors, either grammatically or spelling. The eMail message, the average person doesn't think about, is generally how a person both speaks and writes when not trying to impress. The CV, on the other hand, was probably vetted several times by several people, so while the data is correct the delivery was not accurate. As you will be in a front line position you will run into all kinds of people. If this got you upset, just think what the slightly inebriated traveler can do to tick you off. From your local 'take offense at everything' attitude, I would sure hate to fly with you. Sometimes people are actually giving you good advice. I reckon I've been around here a wee bit longer than you have, so I do have a little bit of experience. Good Luck. I feel you are going to need it.

giraffeee

Post by giraffeee » Tue, 31 Jul 2018 7:36 pm

Hey,

Anyone receive news yet? :?

Cottoncandy

Post by Cottoncandy » Tue, 31 Jul 2018 8:49 pm

Don’t have . You ?

giraffeee

Post by giraffeee » Tue, 31 Jul 2018 9:54 pm

Cottoncandy wrote:Don’t have . You ?
Same, no news..
Last edited by giraffeee on Tue, 07 Aug 2018 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chocolatefries

Post by chocolatefries » Sun, 05 Aug 2018 11:05 pm

Hi,

Any news?:(

ffany

Post by ffany » Tue, 07 Aug 2018 11:19 am

chocolatefries wrote:Hi,

Hi, No new yet for me.. do u hv any news??

chocolatefries

Post by chocolatefries » Tue, 07 Aug 2018 11:22 am

ffany wrote:
chocolatefries wrote:Hi,

Hi, No new yet for me.. do u hv any news??
Hey ffany! No news yet:( anw do you mind exchanging each other’s instagram so we can talk there too?:) check your pm :D

sol_s95

Post by sol_s95 » Tue, 28 May 2019 2:17 pm

Hi guys, any idea when is the recruitment starting for this year?