Singapore Expats Forum

language exchange between Japanese and others

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!

language exchange between Japanese and others

Postby wacky1187 » Fri, 15 Feb 2008 12:14 pm

Hi, my name is waki, I'm looking for language partner who wants to study Japanese.

I'm native Japanese, can help your study.
I want to improve my English or Chinese. I can speak both,
but I need continuous practice.

And, I've just arrived at Singapore to look for a job,
so I don't know about here so much.
I'd like to know
Not only Language, but including a lot of things about Singapore or your culture if you are also foreigner here,
hope such language exchange.

Thanks, if you are interested in me, send e-mail:
Japanese. Just arrived at Singapore and looking for job.

Postby ballerina » Tue, 19 Feb 2008 9:41 pm

How's the job hunting so far? I speak a little Japanese (been ages since I use them to kinda lost it) and other languages like Chinese, Malay, English.

My email address is

Postby chupac00 » Fri, 22 Feb 2008 6:17 pm

hi waki ...

hope your job hunting has made a good progress so far. i was working in tokyo for a month early 2006. great city. in any case, i grew up in indonesia, spent a few years in the States. i don't mind learning more of japanese language. surely i will be able to converse with you in english. let me know? u can drop me an email at have a nice weekend! - stephen

Postby picasso » Mon, 25 Feb 2008 11:40 am

Hi Waki,

How are you finding Singapore so far?

I am interested to learn Japanese, will be visiting Tokyo next month. I am from Australia have been working here for just over a year.

Feel free to email me at if you like.

Postby minminpinid » Thu, 28 Feb 2008 3:30 pm

Hi Waki,

I know a native chinese teacher who can teach privately. She used to be my teacher when I took the lesson through a learning institution so I know that she's really good. She also teaches business chinese in companies.

Currently, I'm still looking for more students to study together so that the tuition fee can be even cheaper. The tuition fee is $100/session divided among the students.
Much cheaper than if you go to any good learning institution!!

At the moment, there are only 2 persons, and we are looking for 2-3 more persons. We are looking for those who is in intermediate level or at least already has some basics in mandarin.

If you are interested, email me at
We can converse in both mandarin and english.^_^

Re: language exchange between Japanese and others

Postby ken_ken » Tue, 04 Mar 2008 11:37 pm

hi,waki, my name is karen. I want to improve my Japanese & looking for a school in Singapore. I'll come to Singapore soon.
hope that I can have a language exchange with you soon.