Singapore Expats Forum

bring back the crawling ant!

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

cutiebutie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby cutiebutie » Thu, 21 Feb 2008 10:33 am

ozchick wrote:
ksl wrote: "darf ich se nach hauser bringen Frauline" Bitte mein herr!

Nicht schlect Deutsch Herr KSK ...ich bin beeindruckte ! Du bist ein Mann ganz interessant ! :o

Atrocious spelling! Back to school for you all.
- Thank God for Darwin -

durain
Director
Director

Postby durain » Thu, 21 Feb 2008 4:36 pm

cutiebutie wrote:
ozchick wrote:
ksl wrote: "darf ich se nach hauser bringen Frauline" Bitte mein herr!

Nicht schlect Deutsch Herr KSK ...ich bin beeindruckte ! Du bist ein Mann ganz interessant ! :o

Atrocious spelling! Back to school for you all.

maybe it's singman? or singerman? or sindeutsch? :P

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Thu, 21 Feb 2008 8:06 pm

ksl wrote:
Thank you Ozchick, I try to keep the wife amused, when she's home, this place gets more like Faulty Towers every day, although I've to brush up on the Italian!

I don't speak much Italian at all but I know the important stuff:

"Come va bello ?"
:wink:
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Fri, 22 Feb 2008 12:51 am

Cutiebutie wrote: Atrocious spelling! Back to school for you all.

"darf ich se nach hauser bringen Frauline" Bitte mein herr!" Pardon me, what's wrong with my spelling?

Straight from the horses mouth deary! :) I mean Ozchick might have had no teeth in, when she was pronouncing this one "schlect" so she spelt it as she said it :lol: But she's cool! 8-) or maybe she cheated! :shock: I did check my spelling before i sent it!

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Fri, 22 Feb 2008 9:36 pm

ksl wrote:
I mean Ozchick might have had no teeth in, when she was pronouncing this one "schlect" so she spelt it as she said it :lol:

Ooh yeah, you're right KSL (for a change) :wink: but when one speaks as many languages as I do, the odd faux pas is to be expected ! :cool:
Anyway, as much as I like the odd German practice, there is nothing like the beauty of Spanish as it rollllllllls off the tongue. Yeah my other name is Oschiquitita ! :)
Con quien puedo practicar mi espanol .......... :cry:

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Fri, 22 Feb 2008 11:38 pm

ozchick wrote:
ksl wrote:
I mean Ozchick might have had no teeth in, when she was pronouncing this one "schlect" so she spelt it as she said it :lol:

Ooh yeah, you're right KSL (for a change) :wink: but when one speaks as many languages as I do, the odd faux pas is to be expected ! :cool:
Anyway, as much as I like the odd German practice, there is nothing like the beauty of Spanish as it rollllllllls off the tongue. Yeah my other name is Oschiquitita ! :)
Con quien puedo practicar mi espanol .......... :cry:

Estoy seguro que usted encontrará alguien!

Yes i can imagine, my own language has suffered a great deal, especially residing 23 years in Denmark..lived in Germany for 3 years, Taiwan 6 Years, China 1 year, Greece, North Africa, Sharjah and worked with Iranians for 3 years too, although my Danish is on a much higher level, than my English, mistakes are easy made for me, these days, especially due to factors beyond my control!

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 22 Feb 2008 11:48 pm

ksl wrote:.....mistakes are easy made for me, these days, especially due to factors beyond my control!

We call that senility. :P :lol:

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Sat, 23 Feb 2008 12:57 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
ksl wrote:.....mistakes are easy made for me, these days, especially due to factors beyond my control!

We call that senility. :P :lol:
:lol: That on top of it all, yes! Although life is good to me now, i dropped all the baggage, UK!

A certain amount of freedom and positive energy away from the rat race is a great tonic, the next decade I will make the most of enjoying my senility with a good old fashioned vinegar health drink, to preserve what little cells i have left:)

I can feel the old joints telling me to slow down these days, too, but i ain't giving up yet!

I've never had so many passes made to me, from the opposite sex, in my entire life, so the sunshines every day for me :wink: Maturing like a fine wine, and keeping in shape is a nice reminder, that life is very very short!

Although I'm a good catholic boy, that recites" Strength and guidance: And lead us not into temptation…. every time I see Ozchicks running around :wink: :lol: I just love to charm the feathers off em!

I guess it's the Spanish blood line, although I made my resolution at 16 years of age, not to be like my old casanova pappy!! God bless him!

durain
Director
Director

Postby durain » Sat, 23 Feb 2008 12:58 am

how long you gonna be gone fishing? about time to bring back the ant?

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Sat, 23 Feb 2008 11:34 pm

ksl wrote:

Estoy seguro que usted encontrará alguien!

Usted ? And I thought we were FRIENDS ? Hmph ! [-(

Asian_Geekette
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Asian_Geekette » Sat, 23 Feb 2008 11:51 pm

Hey, nice new kitty pictures there ksl. :)
My business is not to remake myself, but make the absolute best out of what God made. -Robert Browning

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Sun, 24 Feb 2008 12:09 am

ksl wrote:
I've never had so many passes made to me, from the opposite sex, in my entire life, so the sunshines every day for me :wink:

Hey KSL- which response do you like best ?

1. En tus suenos ! Talvez estas un maricon ! No es tu culpa chico lindo !

2. Yeah yeah ...if you keep on telling yourself this, you'll eventually believe it ! As for me, well I'm wondering if I shouldn't try some of that vinegar of yours- we could all do with some of those fantasies you've been having ! :P

Forks
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Forks » Sun, 24 Feb 2008 1:07 pm

As for me, well I'm wondering if I shouldn't try some of that vinegar of yours- we could all do with some of those fantasies you've been having !

Dont knock the man, Vinegar as well as apple cider is great for the health and also good for rinsing your hair after washing, it neutralities the chemicals in Shampoos and conditioners and helps prevent the very dandruff the shampoos claims to prevent but actually helps. As for the fantasies maybe if he was drinking enough of the stuff but I dont know how much vinegar youd need to drink before you hallucinate but Im sure youd be pickled before you were :shock:

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Sun, 24 Feb 2008 3:48 pm

It's not my fault, I'm Mr nice Guy!

Yes the vinegar does actually work, although the drinking vinegar is too expensive for hair washing! It does slow down aging!

cutiebutie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby cutiebutie » Mon, 25 Feb 2008 9:42 am

ksl wrote:
Cutiebutie wrote: Atrocious spelling! Back to school for you all.

"darf ich se nach hauser bringen Frauline" Bitte mein herr!" Pardon me, what's wrong with my spelling?

Straight from the horses mouth deary! :) I mean Ozchick might have had no teeth in, when she was pronouncing this one "schlect" so she spelt it as she said it :lol: But she's cool! 8-) or maybe she cheated! :shock: I did check my spelling before i sent it!

Nice try, but still incorrect:

'Darf ich Sie nach hause bringen, Fräulein?'

Nicht schlect Deutsch Herr KSK ...ich bin beeindruckte ! Du bist ein Mann ganz interessant !

Ihre Deutschkenntnisse sind nicht schlecht, Herr KSK, ich bin beeindruckt. Du bist ein ganz interessanter Mann!

Plus you switch from calling him Mister to using the informal version of 'you'. :shock:

Ah, Swiss schools are great! :D
- Thank God for Darwin -