Singapore Expats

Asians Gals and Coloured Guys

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
Rosh

Asians Gals and Coloured Guys

Post by Rosh » Sun, 10 Feb 2008 3:58 pm

I thought I will put up this post ... which is somewhat provocative yet deserves some response beased on PM I got recently from an Indian guy on this forum and an experience I had last night.

Last night's was in response to a posting in this forum and an open invitation for a CNY gathering. When I turned up at venue the the woman at the cafe said expat forum group is that and pointed me to a table with 3 Asian gals. When I introduced myself to them they said they were not from the expat forum group! Didn't look that friendly either.

So I was left wondering whether that invitation should have had another extra line I did not see ... or perhaps I'm colour blind?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 10 Feb 2008 8:03 pm

Lesson learned. Don't crash parties with the remainder of the group in the dark (no pun intended) as to whom to expect. Also, while you may be color blind, a lot of people aren't. It's a sad fact of life. You have learned a lesson and should just move on. There is a subforum in the Entertainment section of this site the caters specifically for different groups as some are uncomfortable in mixed groups. (some don't like mixed groups of different genders either) There is nothing wrong with this as the old says goes, birds of a feather flock together.

Having said that, I will say this. I know lots of "asian" girls who date men of colour. (my daughter included). I am also married to a woman of colour and will be celebrating my Silver Anniversary this year. At the same time I know lots that won't. (The vast majority) This could be for a variety of reasons.

Get over it.
Last edited by sundaymorningstaple on Sun, 10 Feb 2008 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

jpatokal

Post by jpatokal » Sun, 10 Feb 2008 8:49 pm

According to the original story, Rosh didn't even get to so much as introduce himself before being told to shove off.

I can't help but wonder if there could be a perfectly innocent explanation though: were you pointed to or did you go to the wrong table? I wouldn't expect to find only three Asian girls at an expat gathering.
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 10 Feb 2008 9:52 pm

JP,

Fair enough. As you can see it was an after-though after reading his other post tonight. I have taken the liberty of removing it as well as the quote in your post.

Thanks.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers