Just a word of warning

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
Post Reply
User avatar
road.not.taken
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1293
Joined: Sat, 06 Oct 2007 9:24 am

Post by road.not.taken » Fri, 08 Feb 2008 1:57 pm

pollyminaz wrote:
Splatted wrote:
sprite wrote:The camera may have been installed for a completely different reason such as money gone missing, food tasting "not quite right", or even to ensure the maid isn't bringing home her boyfriend for a romp while noone is home, instead of doing the housecleaning.
the article in the newspaper said that the mother wanted to observe her maid.

even so, you can only blame the mother for trusting her child to a foreigner. you can't blame her for preferring not to look after her child. Its a personal choice after all.

'...ground control to major Tom...'
:roll:

User avatar
Forks
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 12:41 am
Location: in the draw
Contact:

Post by Forks » Sun, 10 Feb 2008 9:42 pm

pollyminaz wrote:
Splatted wrote:
sprite wrote:The camera may have been installed for a completely different reason such as money gone missing, food tasting "not quite right", or even to ensure the maid isn't bringing home her boyfriend for a romp while noone is home, instead of doing the housecleaning.
the article in the newspaper said that the mother wanted to observe her maid.

even so, you can only blame the mother for trusting her child to a foreigner. you can't blame her for preferring not to look after her child. Its a personal choice after all.
Cant trust those "foreigners"? And whats the point of having kids if your personal choice, not one of necessity, is not to look after them? Did I miss something?

familyof5
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 168
Joined: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 7:23 am

Post by familyof5 » Mon, 11 Feb 2008 7:58 am

yes, you did miss something. the other posts.

User avatar
Forks
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 12:41 am
Location: in the draw
Contact:

Post by Forks » Mon, 11 Feb 2008 3:12 pm

familyof5 wrote:yes, you did miss something. the other posts.
No I read the other posts, I was refering to the comment about "foreigners" and childcare as a personal choice made by Splatted.

But your attempted humor is appreciated :D

User avatar
Splatted
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 920
Joined: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 2:59 am

Post by Splatted » Mon, 11 Feb 2008 3:25 pm

Forks wrote: "foreigners" and childcare as a personal choice made by Splatted.
You mean pollyminaz, right?

User avatar
Forks
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 12:41 am
Location: in the draw
Contact:

Post by Forks » Mon, 11 Feb 2008 6:04 pm

Splatted wrote:
Forks wrote: "foreigners" and childcare as a personal choice made by Splatted.
You mean pollyminaz, right?
Opps sorry, :oops: your right, Yes I mean Pollyminaz.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Staying, Living in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests