Singapore Expats Forum

Permanent Hair Removal

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.

JLing

Postby JLing » Fri, 18 Nov 2005 11:29 pm

IPL hair removal is painful even with 'numbing' creams.....well..maybe my pain tolerance is low..i dunno. I tried once..feel uncomfortable to continue again.

After some research, I tried the PPX treatment....recently launched in Singapore..supposed to be painless and more advanced than IPL. ...results' gd.....more importantly no PAIN for me..:) Maybe people with low pain threshold can consider it as an option.

ocean11
Chatter
Chatter

Postby ocean11 » Sat, 19 Nov 2005 1:32 am

Hi Jling,
Can u tell where can i try this PPX treatment for the underarm? as i really scare of pain.. my threshold is really really low.. How much is one session and how many session have u went b4 the hairs stop glowing?

JLing wrote:IPL hair removal is painful even with 'numbing' creams.....well..maybe my pain tolerance is low..i dunno. I tried once..feel uncomfortable to continue again.

After some research, I tried the PPX treatment....recently launched in Singapore..supposed to be painless and more advanced than IPL. ...results' gd.....more importantly no PAIN for me..:) Maybe people with low pain threshold can consider it as an option.

JLing

Postby JLing » Sun, 20 Nov 2005 10:18 pm

The doc at the aesthetic clinic where i had my body sculpting treatment done recommended me to try PPx for hair removal when i told him my bad experience with IPL..Being abit sceptical, i aso did some research before committing to trying this (scared that it might turn out to be as painful as IPL)..I had 3 sessions so far, to treat upper lip, i'm not too sure the cost of armpit hair removal, so might not be able to help u with this..u can call 65364211 for more infor..think the nurse will be able to advise u on this.

Hope this helps. :D

ocean11
Chatter
Chatter

Postby ocean11 » Mon, 21 Nov 2005 1:15 am

Hi Jling,
Thanks! It is good enough, will call them and ask tomorrow. so i guess it is really not pain since u had done 3 sessions with them ya..:wink:

Thank u! ;x

JLing wrote:The doc at the aesthetic clinic where i had my body sculpting treatment done recommended me to try PPx for hair removal when i told him my bad experience with IPL..Being abit sceptical, i aso did some research before committing to trying this (scared that it might turn out to be as painful as IPL)..I had 3 sessions so far, to treat upper lip, i'm not too sure the cost of armpit hair removal, so might not be able to help u with this..u can call 65364211 for more infor..think the nurse will be able to advise u on this.

Hope this helps. :D

Zoe_Low

Postby Zoe_Low » Fri, 02 Jun 2006 12:47 am

I had PPX hair removal for my upper lips and underarm. I was not given any 'numbing' cream to apply before the procedure but except for a mild 'pinching' sensation, there is not much pain (and it only took about 30 minutes to treat my upper lips and both underarms) So far, I had 2 of the 4 sessions I signed up for but my hair already seems much reduced....but then again, I was not very 'hairy' to start of with. For those wanting to know more about this treatment, I recomment this PPX website: http://www.cosmopolitanclinic.com/ppx.htm

foreverforever

Postby foreverforever » Sat, 15 Jul 2006 11:41 pm

tinuviel wrote:hey guys. i go to Hairaway and they're honestly the best. i've never tried others but i do know that alot of IPLs don't really work.

i went to Hairaway myself for underarms and legs and they work great. you need a couple of treatments but you don't really care about the costs so much when you know for sure it really works and after 6 treatments (at most or thereabouts) no more hair will grow.

hope this helps!

Hi, how much is the sessions after all??? can i have the contact no.. thanks..
he|p nEedeD.. thAnKs...

theBlackButterfly

Postby theBlackButterfly » Thu, 27 Jul 2006 2:00 am

I have had one session in BelaSkin care ...it was a great one and I already see hair reduction..
I had also a free facial care..

but it was so expensive...1300S$ :(

I had full leg= lower back done..

they suggested to me 10 sessions to completely remove haire..but it will cost me around 8000$...I'm not yet crazy enough to spend such an amount on my leg's hair :(

jesh71

Re: here,,,

Postby jesh71 » Thu, 10 Aug 2006 10:27 am

jasonrxz wrote:I am here to recommend u from my friend that she had went to this place and had her unsightful hair removed permenantly..... According to her, per seesion for armpit is $100, per session for lip area is $50, persession for whole leg is $1500, per session for half hand is $800 and lastly for bikini line is $60.

This is the retail price for the company and she told me that she can get 30% off every sinlge session.... AM oso informed that they are using LHE rather than IPL cos the effectiveness of it is better than the latter...

Juz to let u gals know that how price is like for these type of treatments and if any of u gal want or try to know more about it... do PM me and i will ask for u with my friend who is really happy with the result.... :wink:

regards
Jason

hi...i m totally new to this. but Jason can u recommend this fren of yours to me? thks