Singapore Expats Forum

EP medical examination

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
abr

EP medical examination

Postby abr » Thu, 09 Sep 2004 7:00 pm

Hi,
Does anybody have a definiteve answer on this? I have been asked to take a HIV and TB test according to my EP 'approval in principle' letter. I am yet to arrive in Sing.
It mentions teh test should be done from a 'registered medical practioner'. Does this mandate RMP in Singapore only or my home country would do?

thanks.

Postby Guest » Mon, 13 Sep 2004 9:48 pm

I had the same issue when i first got to SG on my EP two months ago. Dont worry, the medical exam is to make AFTER you arrive in Singapore. My employer, however, just told me that its ok not to do it, and everything is taken care of by them (I work for a big company with over 300 ppl based in their SG Asian branch...so for them it might be standard ways to handle it). Eventually, i did not do the medical exam at all.

yous

medical examination

Postby yous » Mon, 11 Apr 2005 5:48 pm

Anonymous wrote:I had the same issue when i first got to SG on my EP two months ago. Dont worry, the medical exam is to make AFTER you arrive in Singapore. My employer, however, just told me that its ok not to do it, and everything is taken care of by them (I work for a big company with over 300 ppl based in their SG Asian branch...so for them it might be standard ways to handle it). Eventually, i did not do the medical exam at all.

Can I know what type of pass is yours..(p1/p2/q1/s)
Are you sure that there wont be any medical examination.
As far as I know MOM ensures medical tests to be done by a RMP in singapore.

Re: medical examination

Postby Guest » Fri, 15 Apr 2005 12:17 pm

yous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:I had the same issue when i first got to SG on my EP two months ago. Dont worry, the medical exam is to make AFTER you arrive in Singapore. My employer, however, just told me that its ok not to do it, and everything is taken care of by them (I work for a big company with over 300 ppl based in their SG Asian branch...so for them it might be standard ways to handle it). Eventually, i did not do the medical exam at all.

Can I know what type of pass is yours..(p1/p2/q1/s)
Are you sure that there wont be any medical examination.
As far as I know MOM ensures medical tests to be done by a RMP in singapore.

no answers... :(

Bafana

Postby Bafana » Fri, 15 Apr 2005 12:49 pm

Been here for years and only ever get asked to sign the declearation form that you don't have these diseases.

I have a P Class ??? (Now that would be telling) EP.

ztada

medical exam

Postby ztada » Fri, 09 Jan 2009 10:14 pm

Is Hepatitis test required for medical exam for EP application?

Thanks.
ztada

durain
Director
Director

Postby durain » Fri, 09 Jan 2009 10:49 pm

yes. HIV and TB are pretty much standard medical check.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Sat, 10 Jan 2009 1:04 am

:???: Normal :roll: So this is how HIV is beeing spread in Singapore? And you have been here months by the look of the post.