Singapore Expats Forum

Thinking of Moving to singapore from Sydney?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Suzikatz

Thinking of Moving to singapore from Sydney?

Postby Suzikatz » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 5:12 pm

Hey, Im Suzikatz and am thinking of moving over to Singapore from Aussie with my hubby, back here in Oz I will be leaving 2 dogs, 2 cats and 2 teenage kids to come over to Singas. Where do I live, what do I do when I get there, where do other aussies live and I cant buy a car as they are way expesnive, but my job here is a community nurse, so what do I do for a job there and can I get one straitaway or do you have to wait for over 1 yr before applying. I am scared that I will get culture shock, as I love driving and seeing the sights of Oz, but both my man and me want a new adventure, we were evne thinking of going to QLD instead.

What the????????????
I have way to many questions for here. I am really frightened by moving, but am abit excited about new challenges?
Are the Singas people easy to get along with, Im 40ish and am going to be shellshocked??/
Suzikatz.
Suzikatz - Coming to a Town Near You Ha/Ha.

CarBaby

Postby CarBaby » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 5:38 pm

singapore welcome foreign, shouldn't be difficult to adopt to the living here....singapore economy is booming, easy to get jobs also....all the best

sprite
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Thinking of Moving to singapore from Sydney?

Postby sprite » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 6:47 pm

Suzikatz wrote: back here in Oz I will be leaving 2 dogs, 2 cats and 2 teenage kids to come over to Singas.

:???:

walkaboutme

Postby walkaboutme » Tue, 05 Feb 2008 7:55 pm

Same here but I m not from oz ....Dunno what to say ... Good luck

Global Citizen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Global Citizen » Wed, 06 Feb 2008 9:26 am

Suzikatz, you may refer to people in Singapore as Singaporeans not Singas or the abbreviated spelling version of S'poreans and the same goes for Singapore as Singapore.

I've seen the term Singas used a lot on expat boards but it is incorrect and not generally understood by locals. May I also suggest you do a fair bit of reading on this site as you'll find many of your questions answered.
One man's meat is another's poison.

seasider
Chatter
Chatter

Postby seasider » Wed, 06 Feb 2008 10:40 am

You need to do a lot of homework. You can't just move to Singapore without a job, and your employer needs to sponsor you for an Employment Pass.

sprite
Chatter
Chatter

Postby sprite » Wed, 06 Feb 2008 3:06 pm

seasider wrote:You need to do a lot of homework. You can't just move to Singapore without a job, and your employer needs to sponsor you for an Employment Pass.

and leave behind your pets and your children....