Singapore Expats

All Posters Please Note

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
Plavt
Director
Director

All Posters Please Note

Post by Plavt » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 7:38 am

The following posts are not allowed in the forum for legal reasons;

1) Partial or full extraction of advertisements or articles from The Straits Times, this includes; articles, advertisements, job advertisements and airline advertisements.

2) Scanned advertisements or articles.

3) Hyperlinks to the The Straits Times and it's website and its affiliated website(s).

4) Pictures, advertisements and articles taken from The Straits Times newspaper or its website and affiliated website(s).

5) Postings will be deleted in totality even if the source is provided

6) Quotes from users about The Straits Times articles or advertisements

7) Any other form of reference to The Straits Times.

paramountac

Post by paramountac » Sun, 16 May 2010 8:38 pm

Also read this http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/ftopic38617.html. Will be more relevant to most users.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 16 May 2010 10:16 pm

Actually you are wrong. They are two distinct and different issues. The majority of our posters here are not advertisers looking for methods of receiving free advertising like you are. That is why there are two stickies so as not to confuse folks. The second sticky does not touch on this thread's subject at all as it is a different topic.

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Rasputin

Re:

Post by Rasputin » Thu, 15 Aug 2019 8:36 pm

Posted in error
Last edited by Rasputin on Fri, 31 Jan 2020 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 10

Re: Re:

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 15 Aug 2019 9:14 pm

Rasputin wrote:
Thu, 15 Aug 2019 8:36 pm
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Sun, 16 May 2010 10:16 pm
Actually you are wrong. They are two distinct and different issues. The majority of our posters here are not advertisers looking for methods of receiving free advertising like you are. That is why there are two stickies so as not to confuse folks. The second sticky does not touch on this thread's subject at all as it is a different topic.

What's this referring to? :???:
It means that, as moderators, we get to determine if you are advertising. If you are, we whack your signature line, we whack your posts, and sometimes we ban you.

We make the final determination. We're open to hearing the other side. We don't much listen to rationalizations by advertisers that what they are doing isn't really advertising.

Rasputin

Re: Re:

Post by Rasputin » Sat, 17 Aug 2019 4:59 pm

Rasputin wrote:
Thu, 15 Aug 2019 8:36 pm
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Sun, 16 May 2010 10:16 pm

What's this referring to? :???:
I see what you were referring to now. :D

Rasputin

Re:

Post by Rasputin » Sat, 17 Aug 2019 5:01 pm

paramountac wrote:
Sun, 16 May 2010 8:38 pm
Also read this http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/ftopic38617.html. Will be more relevant to most users.
That posted by Plavt is correct Jpatokal posted at a different time. :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Ps: Look at the dates. ](*,)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: All Posters Please Note

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 18 Aug 2019 12:23 am

Rasberry, it is two different issues. The post by Jpatokal is OUR policy. The post by Plavt is due to a legal problem we had with Singapore Press Holdings and their policy of not allowing the copying of any of their content and reposting it in the forum. Both hold true just like our policy of determining when somebody is acting like a knob and generally just being a troll. They get tossed. Capisce?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers