Singapore Expats

Reliable Hosting Company in SG ?

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
StamfordBridge

Reliable Hosting Company in SG ?

Post by StamfordBridge » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 6:19 am

Hello,

I am new in Singapore and am looking for a reliable web hosting company here. Could anyone recommend one ? There are tens of companies out there all claiming to be the best, but from my experience with hosting companies abroad, normally only a few live truly up to their claims.

I am looking to host approximately 2-3 sites on a dedicated server. I do not need help with development, but only hosting. The technical requirements are MS Windows platform, SQL Server database, IIS (or Apache) web server, and ColdFusion Enterprise Application Server.

What I am looking for is 24/7 telephone support, reliable servers and quickness to resolving problems.

If I fail to find an ideal company here, I am happy to host abroad. I am currently using a couple of US based companies (GoDaddy and CFDynamics). The first provides excellent customer support but has little experience with ColdFusion, and the second is a ColdFusion expert but their customer support hours are only 9 till 6.

Any opinions or recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

durain
Director
Director

Post by durain » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 2:38 am

where is your target users? far east, US or europe? depending on your target users, you might want to host it nearer to the user's region.

beware a lot of hosting company are co-host from another company (virtual hosting).

head over to www.webhostingtalk.com as they talk nothing but hosting, etc. i do have hosting in the US but it is not for mission critical stuff like your requirement. but do have a look at www.titanhost.co.uk. i heard many good things about them. tell them someone at www.scoobynet.co.uk recommend it to you.