Singapore Expats Forum

EAST COAST-where is good to go with kids?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
theodoros

EAST COAST-where is good to go with kids?

Postby theodoros » Sat, 26 Jan 2008 12:06 am

hi there,
anyone can recommend some nice places to visit at east coast?

please write some directions as well as we are new to singapore!

kind regards theodoros

jaw

Postby jaw » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 12:32 pm

hi,

the major stops are either East Coast mac or lagoon. tell me where you are coming from and I can give you more specific direction. there are no playgrounds in the east coast if you are looking for that for your kids. you can find big playgrounds in the west coast though, there is another one at Pasir Ris park, hardly any expats go there. You can also try Botanical garden, the zoo and a couple of parks which have great playgrounds for kids.

you can email me at shjaw@yahoo.com if you need more info.

mayachill

hi

Postby mayachill » Wed, 30 Jan 2008 9:31 am

Hi Theodoros

The best place is East Coast Park.. just tell the taxi driver you want to go to East Coast Park and mention you want to alight at where the McDonald's is.
@ East coast there are many thngs you can do..

Cycling
The Beach
Dining
Picnic by the beach
Rollerskating.....

I am sure your kds wll love it there... :)

Beside the beach.... You can also check out Parkway Parade Mall... just tell the taxi driver and he wll drop you off at the taxi stand in front of the mall...

Let me know if this helps :)

theodoros

by MRT?

Postby theodoros » Wed, 30 Jan 2008 3:31 pm

hiya we are not driving so can we go by train?

whats the closest mrt station and then maybe get a taxi to the locations suggested??

from west coast( jurong east) to east coast how much a taxi will cost aprox?

regards

mayachill

Postby mayachill » Wed, 30 Jan 2008 7:45 pm

hi..

just reply to your PM :)

one843
Regular
Regular

Postby one843 » Thu, 31 Jan 2008 8:01 am

I find it funny that someone said that there are no playgrounds on the east coast. Then mentions Pasir Ris park. Pasir Ris is so much on the east coast that you can actually fall into the sea if you are not carefull.

Theo.

Pasir Ris park is quite nice and has a good playground for children of all ages. My wife takes our kids there alot. We are expats.

There is not a MRT station near it but you can get there VIA bus. We taxi there so I can not tell you how to bus.

West coast part has the best playground but it is in the west therefore we do not get there all that much.

East coast park is nice.

Taxi from Jurong to the East coast will depend on time, location in the east and where from in Jurong. A safe be I would say around 20 bucks. If youy take MRT much cheaper bu tthe trip will be around one hour each way.

IF you give MRT that you live by it would be easier to gvie suggestions East Coast is vague as many people consider them selves living around the East coast yet takes them 20 minutes to get to the east coast.

PArway parade mall is just that. A mall. Lots of people. Taxi que is always long.

The botanical grdens and the zoo are nice we go there alot.
"If you fear change, you fear success"

jaw

Postby jaw » Thu, 31 Jan 2008 10:47 am

one843 wrote:I find it funny that someone said that there are no playgrounds on the east coast. Then mentions Pasir Ris park. Pasir Ris is so much on the east coast that you can actually fall into the sea if you are not carefull.

Sorry, I am so used to saying East Coast to mean East Coast Park. Technically speaking, you are right. There is also this Changi stretch if you want to explore. Near the sailing clubs and the boat rides, there is a stretch of walk (not crowded) where you can explore just by the sea on a platform.

local lad
Chatter
Chatter

Postby local lad » Thu, 31 Jan 2008 11:50 am

Actually, there is a playground near Mcdonald's. If you plan to go there by bus, I think Bus no 400 is the one but it operates on wkends. If you plan to take bus to Parkway Parade , there is an underground tunnel at the rear of the mall. Ask for direction as most people around know where it's at.

Of course, you can catch a cab and let the cabby know you are going to Mcdonald's East Coast. Be adventurous and have fun.

Welcome to singapore

theodoros

THXXXXXXX!

Postby theodoros » Fri, 01 Feb 2008 11:33 am

thankyou all for the kind info.

regards theo