Singapore Expats Forum

US Elections

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 08 Feb 2008 7:05 pm

Superglide wrote:she is connected like no other candidate.

Hey SG,

Isn't that the same drum you used to beat on GWB with? :P

His Connections! :lol:

Superglide
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Superglide » Fri, 08 Feb 2008 7:56 pm

You have a better memory than I have sms! :wink:

But I suspect a guy lkike Obama gets nothing done, where Hillary knows how to get things going.

It's the way it works, isn't it?

(GWB wasnot connected so much, but others did the job for him, him being the puppet on a string).
If only we could pull out our brain and use only our eyes.
Pablo Picasso

skankla

Postby skankla » Sat, 09 Feb 2008 1:55 am

I am a Hillary supporter

But please dont make the assumption that Obama is a neophyte. You don't to get to be Senator of the great state of Illinois w/o dealing with Chicago's Daly clan. About the oldest, most powerful political machine in the whole USofA

Do a little bit more research & you can find his wife Michelle worked one on one with Daly's eaarly on in her law career. This guy is a lot more like 'slick willy' than many think.
I try to take 1 day at a time however sometimes several days attack me at once!

Bafana

Postby Bafana » Sat, 09 Feb 2008 2:01 pm

How to trust Billary?

She just doesn't feel right.
Be Like Water

Forks
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Forks » Sun, 10 Feb 2008 9:32 pm

Bafana wrote:How to trust Billary?

She just doesn't feel right.

Not since they "pimped out" Chelsie.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 10 Feb 2008 10:23 pm

Forks wrote:Not since they "pimped out" Chelsie.

She didn't feel right long, long before that.

Bafana

Postby Bafana » Mon, 11 Feb 2008 9:09 am

It's hard to explain but she feels like a lie.

It would be a waste if the US elected thier first female president and wasted the monumental chance on her.
Be Like Water

Forks
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Forks » Mon, 11 Feb 2008 9:58 am

Bafana wrote:It's hard to explain but she feels like a lie.

It would be a waste if the US elected thier first female president and wasted the monumental chance on her.

She feels like a lie because her Husband is none other than "slick Willie", ok so GW and DC have been lying also but who has forgoten the being screwed with a smile that made th Clinton years so much fun :mad:

huggybear
Chatter
Chatter

Postby huggybear » Mon, 11 Feb 2008 12:36 pm

having connections is awful.
If you elect a president with a lot of "connections" that's code for "the president sold out to a corporation" and thus they will have to spend their first term doing things like taking over iraq to give no bid contracts and complete legal immunity to: Bechtel, Halliburton, Blackwater, etc.

there were other black presidents previous to the show 24. Morgan Freeman played the president and he played God.

hillary's experience? i think she has one more senatorial term then Obama maybe? Not to mention her term as First Lady was a complete failure? she didn't do jack $hit did she? Why does experience matter so much? You have these 20 year old children completely reengineering the global economy by forming companies such as: Google, Yahoo, Ebay, Facebook.... to me that shows me i want someone with fresh innovative ideas and someone who is able to bring in capable leaders to help grow that vision.

people who talk about "experience" to me are probably the same people who created the caste system in india or those who own slaves in the old days? ulitimately you're creating barriers to prevent from falling lower on the socioeconomic ladder. I know i'm a little out there but the status quo has achieved ZERO results in: the middle east, North Korea, and Iran potentially arming themselves with a nuclear weapon.

lastly ... last year .... the useless media pundits declared Hillary the winner in 2008 ... the media pundits have been COMPLETELY WRONG on ev erything yet we still listen to them. why? because they are "experienced?"

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Mon, 11 Feb 2008 12:48 pm

huggybear wrote:having connections is awful.
If you elect a president with a lot of "connections" that's code for "the president sold out to a corporation" and thus they will have to spend their first term doing things like taking over iraq to give no bid contracts and complete legal immunity to: Bechtel, Halliburton, Blackwater, etc.

there were other black presidents previous to the show 24. Morgan Freeman played the president and he played God.

hillary's experience? i think she has one more senatorial term then Obama maybe? Not to mention her term as First Lady was a complete failure? she didn't do jack $hit did she? Why does experience matter so much? You have these 20 year old children completely reengineering the global economy by forming companies such as: Google, Yahoo, Ebay, Facebook.... to me that shows me i want someone with fresh innovative ideas and someone who is able to bring in capable leaders to help grow that vision.

people who talk about "experience" to me are probably the same people who created the caste system in india or those who own slaves in the old days? ulitimately you're creating barriers to prevent from falling lower on the socioeconomic ladder. I know i'm a little out there but the status quo has achieved ZERO results in: the middle east, North Korea, and Iran potentially arming themselves with a nuclear weapon.

lastly ... last year .... the useless media pundits declared Hillary the winner in 2008 ... the media pundits have been COMPLETELY WRONG on ev erything yet we still listen to them. why? because they are "experienced?"

Exactly why all the hype is shite in politics, there isn't a decent honest peoples representative politicain around, it's all a bloody ego trip if you ask me, a complete waste of tax.

The shepards leading their sheep, although i guess someones, got to give them hope! and experience, quite right Huggy!

Who really needs experience in management.....almost all those that have been president I would think....I would like to see the position shared by 3, just to make it a more entertaining circus! Like the muppet show! :lol: :P

Anyway I'm all for a Black president these days, at least, their heart is genuine and uncorrupted in the first instance, how long that, would last, god knows. 24 Hours appears to tell the story well :)

I know i'm a little out there but the status quo has achieved ZERO results in: the middle east, North Korea, and Iran potentially arming themselves with a nuclear weapon
I always believed the USA was influenced strongly by the rich and powerful Jewish community, so there isn't much chance of peace in the Middle East! :?

huggybear
Chatter
Chatter

Postby huggybear » Mon, 11 Feb 2008 2:53 pm

SMS why do you also want to resurrect the corpse of regan?

He was completely senile in the later half of his career and even in his early life all his policies resulted in short term happiness against long term disasters .... selling arms to Iran (now we don't think they're capable of having a nuke weapon but we're happy to sell them missiles and planes "secretly?"), supporting Sadaam Hussein (oops!), supporting the Taliban in Afghansitan and then abandoning them after they defeated the russians (two brilliant moves), slashing taxes but increasing gov't spending to lead to ballooning deficits leading to an asset bubble that was popped in 1987.

I'm not saying he's one of the worst presidents (that's GWB bar none) but i don't think he's all that he's cracked up to be.

huggybear
Chatter
Chatter

Postby huggybear » Mon, 11 Feb 2008 2:56 pm

Jena Bush has ZERO chance to be president (watch me eat these words in 16 years) ... while GWB did a great job of hiding his cocaine addiction, there are already photos on line about the bush twins drinking and partying.
Chelsea on the other hand has done quite well riding the coattails of the family name.

Forks
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Forks » Mon, 11 Feb 2008 3:04 pm

huggybear wrote:Jena Bush has ZERO chance to be president (watch me eat these words in 16 years) ... while GWB did a great job of hiding his cocaine addiction, there are already photos on line about the bush twins drinking and partying.
Chelsea on the other hand has done quite well riding the coattails of the family name.

politics in the US has become a dynastic game of musical chairs, one thats rigged as well. Jena will have her record hidden and the "real undoctored" photos to show when the time comes, and Chelsie she will just smile and wave, ok so I really dont know about her but looking at her folks, I wonder...

Apart from that why worry about Obama, the election will be rigged (Diebolded) or Obama will be gunned down after taking office by a "lone gunman", or even worse just sell out anyway. How does one mans personal integrity stand up to all that corruption?

Superglide
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Superglide » Mon, 11 Feb 2008 4:39 pm

skankla wrote:I am a Hillary supporter

But please dont make the assumption that Obama is a neophyte. You don't to get to be Senator of the great state of Illinois w/o dealing with Chicago's Daly clan. About the oldest, most powerful political machine in the whole USofA

Do a little bit more research & you can find his wife Michelle worked one on one with Daly's eaarly on in her law career. This guy is a lot more like 'slick willy' than many think.

I think there is a slight difference between a slick willy in Illinois and ruling the WHite house.

As for Huggy and KSL: You guys make me think of "in my perfect world".

Realistically speaking, I see no other choice than Hillary.

All are a lie, c'mon, its the US elections.
If only we could pull out our brain and use only our eyes.

Pablo Picasso

huggybear
Chatter
Chatter

Postby huggybear » Mon, 11 Feb 2008 5:43 pm

obama just won three small states over the weekend. it would appear americans love the underdog and hillary is on the ropes. She fired her campaign manager and she loaned her campaign 5 million. she's clearly not playing rope a dope, she's getting pummeled in the corner by the black stallion.