Singapore Expats Forum

US Elections

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Bafana

Postby Bafana » Tue, 06 May 2008 9:35 am

What is it with the Republicans, they are going all out to help Clinton screw up the Dem Run Up.

If Obama goes down will have to change my support to McCain. Clinton is a freak. Now supportign a tax break on pertol cause she knows it will never pass adn telling peopel she will nuke the whole of Iran.

US politics are driving me nuts.
Be Like Water

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Tue, 06 May 2008 12:35 pm

Picture from a German parade.

Bafana

Postby Bafana » Wed, 04 Jun 2008 2:36 pm

Thank God the Primary Season is over lah and Obama won.

Just recieved this email:

---

Bafana --

I'm about to take the stage in St. Paul and announce that we have won the Democratic nomination for President of the United States.

It's been a long journey, and we should all pause to thank Hillary Clinton, who made history in this campaign. Our party and our country are better off because of her.

I want to make sure you understand what's ahead of us. Earlier tonight, John McCain outlined a vision of America that's very different from ours -- a vision that continues the disastrous policies of George W. Bush.

But this is our moment. This is our time. Our time to turn the page on the policies of the past and bring new energy and new ideas to the challenges we face. Our time to offer a new direction for the country we love.

It's going to take hard work, but thanks to you and millions of other donors and volunteers, no one has ever been more prepared for such a challenge.

Thank you for everything you've done to get us here. Let's keep making history.

Barack

---

The big question for me now is whether i support McCain or not since the Republicains make for better business, or should I keep the moral poorer high ground and follow the chosen one to lead the world into a new age of epace and prosperity???

Only problem is that the nutters our their don't give a toss and will keep up the violence until we are all singing from their song book or they ahev killed us all in the process of savings us.

Anyway at least Billary is out of the picture as she would ahev been just as bad as McCain only untrustworthy.

BTW the poll on Yahoo.Au is showing Obama way ahead so if we the Australians think he's good it must be correct. Then again demographically percentage wise speakign more Aussie can read, write and duck for cover then yanks so niot expecting much.

We jsut score worser on spelling is all :cool:
Be Like Water

Allibert
Chatter
Chatter

Well

Postby Allibert » Wed, 04 Jun 2008 5:48 pm

Did anybody see McCains speech? it was as if his PR people had told him to smile at the end of every sentence and he'd been taking smiling lessons.. The best he could manage was a very strange, sickly kind of false smile.

Made me want to throw up.

Superglide
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Superglide » Wed, 04 Jun 2008 7:42 pm

Bafana wrote:Only problem is that the nutters our their don't give a toss and will keep up the violence until we are all singing from their song book or they ahev killed us all in the process of savings us.

The only nutters are those buying the bullshit about "nutters" / "terrorists" as a real and existing thing.
If only we could pull out our brain and use only our eyes.
Pablo Picasso

Global Citizen
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Well

Postby Global Citizen » Wed, 04 Jun 2008 9:57 pm

Allibert wrote:Did anybody see McCains speech? it was as if his PR people had told him to smile at the end of every sentence and he'd been taking smiling lessons.. The best he could manage was a very strange, sickly kind of false smile.

Made me want to throw up.

I can't stand the old dog and his phony antics.

Obama on the hand blew my mind and I was totally rivetted to the tv with his speech. Obama to me represents hope and change for a better America and possesses an amazing ability to bring people together. He was also extremely gracious and clearly is a "bigger" man. If I could vote, Obama would be my man, hands down.
One man's meat is another's poison.

maneo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby maneo » Thu, 05 Jun 2008 7:53 am

Bafana wrote:The big question for me now is whether i support McCain or not since the Republicains make for better business, or should I keep the moral poorer high ground and follow the chosen one to lead the world into a new age of epace and prosperity???

The realities of the various presidencies contradict these common, naive misconceptions.

Bafana

Postby Bafana » Thu, 05 Jun 2008 9:58 am

Superglide wrote:The only nutters are those buying the bullshit about "nutters" / "terrorists" as a real and existing thing.

Wish it was true and we could all go home and relax.

Unfortunately they are very real and very dangerous.
Be Like Water

Bafana

Postby Bafana » Thu, 05 Jun 2008 10:00 am

So who tyhinks Barack Obama will take Bil.lary as the VP?

Who would make a good VP?
Be Like Water

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 05 Jun 2008 1:05 pm

If he has any sense he won't. I think she would be like a albatross around his neck. Put her in the co-pilot's seat and watch the plane crash and burn. I think she carries too much baggage to be anything but detrimental to the Dem Party's aspirations from this point on.

Of course, for the Republicans it would be the next best thing that could happen. They stand a much better chance of winning with her still on the Dem ticket. They will have a fair fight with obama without billary. That's why the GOP wanted hillarious to win. It would have been an easy fight to win even with the Bush backlash.

Guess we will have to just wait and see.....

cutiebutie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby cutiebutie » Thu, 05 Jun 2008 3:30 pm

Most polls maintain that Clinton would beat McCain whereas Obama vs McCain would not be so clear-cut.

Having said that, Clinton is not going to win the nomination and it would be a mistake to have her as VP, too confrontational and very different from Obama, it would seem like hypocrisy to accept the post.

Health portfolio, perhaps?

Anyhow - McCain in 2008!, it seems
- Thank God for Darwin -

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Thu, 05 Jun 2008 7:35 pm

cutiebutie wrote:Most polls maintain that Clinton would beat McCain whereas Obama vs McCain would not be so clear-cut.

Having said that, Clinton is not going to win the nomination and it would be a mistake to have her as VP, too confrontational and very different from Obama, it would seem like hypocrisy to accept the post.

McCain is highly defeatable and Obama has shown he has the professional organization, properly managed, to beat him. Clinton failed because of hubris and a campaign that failed to take into account the unexpected... a good sign she would have been a bad president.

GOBAMA!

cutiebutie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby cutiebutie » Thu, 05 Jun 2008 8:20 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:
cutiebutie wrote:Most polls maintain that Clinton would beat McCain whereas Obama vs McCain would not be so clear-cut.

McCain is highly defeatable and Obama has shown he has the professional organization, properly managed, to beat him. Clinton failed because of hubris and a campaign that failed to take into account the unexpected... a good sign she would have been a bad president.

Strong Eagle wrote:

GOBAMA!

It takes more a good organisation to win a presidential election. McCain is far enough left to attract the right wing of the Dems . . . and he is white, which still counts for a lot with middle America.
Superglide
The only nutters are those buying the bullshit about "nutters" / "terrorists" as a real and existing thing.
GOBAMA!

You get more and more bizarre every time you 'contribute' something here.

The earth is flat. Bush is a genius. There are no Terrorists.
- Thank God for Darwin -

maneo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby maneo » Thu, 05 Jun 2008 10:59 pm

Only poll that matters occurs in November.

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Thu, 05 Jun 2008 11:11 pm

I have to say that Obama looks and behaves presidential already. I haven't followed the elections very closely, just the soundbites. But I get the feeling that McCain and Clinton both harped on about "Why Me" whilst Obama focused on "What America Needs". Is this an accurate perception?