Singapore Expats Forum

Heath Ledger Dies at 28

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

sprite
Chatter
Chatter

Heath Ledger Dies at 28

Postby sprite » Wed, 23 Jan 2008 5:22 pm

OK, Mods here's cleaned up version. I thought if the source was clearly indicated then cut & pasting would be OK. My mistake.

Anyway, I was shocked and sorry to see that Heath Ledger has died. It was only 2 years ago he was on the red carpet with Michelle Williams by his side.

He was very anti-hollywood culture: shunned the spotlight, refused stereotypical roles, lived in Brooklyn for heaven's sake. And a fine actor.

It's too damn bad.

Splatted
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Splatted » Wed, 23 Jan 2008 8:08 pm

The medication he was on, Ambien (called Stilnox in Australia) has recently been in the news a lot. There are calls to even ban it.

For most people, it just helps with sleep, but in rare cases it can have schizophrenic/hallucinogenic properties. There is even one case of a person who was found binge eating in front of the fridge whilst sleepwalking.

Anyway, rest in peace, Heath

road.not.taken
Editor
Editor

Postby road.not.taken » Wed, 23 Jan 2008 8:27 pm

I had a strange, sort of out-of-body experience the one and only time I took Ambien (or any prescription sleep medication for that matter). It was so strange I researched it a bit and found out that lots of people have had bizarre and similar experiences.

Well, no matter, the man is dead -- sadly enough. Accidental, intentional -- the result is the same. His father's statement was heartbreaking.

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Wed, 23 Jan 2008 9:37 pm

Yeah also shocked to hear of this this morning. So many celebs for one reason or another just hit the dust in their prime. Think I'll happily stay jsut an ordinary little ozchick !
Gotta admit to not having seen Brokeback Mountain though... afraid the theme of it just wouldn't be my 'cup of tea' at all ......mm.....
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

familyof5
Chatter
Chatter

Postby familyof5 » Thu, 24 Jan 2008 6:41 am

you've missed a great flick ozchick. it was a beautiful film. dare you not to shed a tear if you see it.

Bafana

Postby Bafana » Thu, 24 Jan 2008 9:52 am

A Knights Tale is very good and the chick is hot.
Be Like Water