Singapore Expats Forum

How to get through round 1 of Singapore Airlines interview

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
User avatar
Vaucluse
Director
Director
Posts: 3443
Joined: Sun, 10 Jul 2005

Postby Vaucluse » Sat, 26 Jan 2008 10:25 am

EADG wrote:haha

hahaha

WTF?

people who punctuate sentences like that make me want to punctuate their faces


hahahaha. Get in the spirit of things. Hahahaha

God hahahahaha

Dog hahahahahaha
......................................................

'nuff said Image

sweetheroin
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed, 26 Dec 2007

Re: How to get through round 1 of Singapore Airlines intervi

Postby sweetheroin » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 1:14 am

zandlelightz wrote:
sweetheroin wrote:
Plavt wrote:
zandlelightz wrote:No i mean that they need alot of people due to the A380 and all and they not changing this recruitment policies and will take in people if they fit the description of what they r looking for. And its the beginning of the year. But its up to you to think what you want. Haha. Thanks.



Ha Ha to you too. Yes they will need staff for the A380 but the only people going on to this aircraft are the experienced crew. Should you care to read a few posts by our pilot poster jencrs you will see they are phasing the 747 out so in effect the A380 is replacing the jumbo jet so I doubt if the extra staff required is as great in number as some may assume.


it IS true that they really need more people. i heard that every day it's possible that people resign in great numbers, even if they phase out the jumbo, they still need people to replace the widening gap of resignees, and even if there's "enough" crew, you never know when crew report sick last minute and such, that's why there are crew who are on standby to replace such people.

thanks zandlelightz for posting this, i think that this post has been a great encouragement to those who have been trying for SQ over the past few interviews. i've been to 2 interviews and got booted, will be there on the 27th as well to give it another shot (:

good luck to the rest!



Thank you very much for supporting me on this. Thats what my uncle told me. I am trying out as well on sunday but i doubt i will get in. Just try for fun. Don't mind me asking, how come you got booted during the last two interviews. Thanks.



first time i went, i got booted on 2nd round, maybe because my "walk" wasnt very good. i remember also then that my complexion was going thru a crappy time, cuz it was "that time" of the month. just my luck lahhh.

then second time, i got booted on 1st round! i'm not sure on this reason cuz i said the same things as i did first time.

like said, it's just luck. if the interviewers just dont like you, they wont take you. but another batch of interviewers might find you a potential, and put you thru. it's all a matter of fate. you might be booted for 5-6 times but maybe the 7th time is when you're meant to get in, so its really better to keep trying. the dream will come true one day.

ArchLight
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu, 24 Jan 2008

Postby ArchLight » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 4:27 pm

Hi All,i'm back from the walk-in.It's my 1st attempt therefore i really didn't do it well.None were selected from my grp despite that 1 guy beside did really present himself very well.I'm not sure what does the interviewer look for as he asked us to make a brief intro of ourself then follow by asking 'Which is your favourite country'.

baby11
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun, 27 Jan 2008

Very demoralised...

Postby baby11 » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 5:52 pm

Hi guys,

I went to the SIA interview today & didnt even get thru the 1st round...i was confident, didn't stammer not like 1 of the gal who did yet she got thru..I reali don't noe wat's wrong?! is it becos they don't take married personnel??

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4292
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 5:56 pm

ArchLight wrote:.I'm not sure what does the interviewer look for as he asked us to make a brief intro of ourself then follow by asking 'Which is your favourite country'.


As a flight attendant you would most likely have a passion, interest or liking for certain countrie(s). In this instance he is merely seeking to see how much you have studied or know about your chosen place and how well you speak (i.e: presentation, pronunciation, posture, eye-contact, ability to answer questions, material sources, experience). Simple ain't it?

zandlelightz
Regular
Regular
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue, 15 Aug 2006
Location: Singapore

Re: Very demoralised...

Postby zandlelightz » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 7:27 pm

baby11 wrote:Hi guys,

I went to the SIA interview today & didnt even get thru the 1st round...i was confident, didn't stammer not like 1 of the gal who did yet she got thru..I reali don't noe wat's wrong?! is it becos they don't take married personnel??





Hi also came back with sad result. I was rejected on the spot because my o level english was a D7. So tomorrow i am going to apply for a dip course and go for the interview again.

iwannefly
Regular
Regular
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed, 05 Dec 2007

Re: Very demoralised...

Postby iwannefly » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 7:38 pm

baby11 wrote:Hi guys,

I went to the SIA interview today & didnt even get thru the 1st round...i was confident, didn't stammer not like 1 of the gal who did yet she got thru..I reali don't noe wat's wrong?! is it becos they don't take married personnel??



Luck play an important role for interview... mayb lady luck is not with u today.. try again ^^

They do take in married personnel if i'm not wrong.. so long u looked ok and ur figure is alright.. should be okay i guess...
Will not give up my dream to fly!! =D
I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward

Cloey
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue, 16 Oct 2007

Re: Very demoralised...

Postby Cloey » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 7:55 pm

iwannefly wrote:
baby11 wrote:Hi guys,

I went to the SIA interview today & didnt even get thru the 1st round...i was confident, didn't stammer not like 1 of the gal who did yet she got thru..I reali don't noe wat's wrong?! is it becos they don't take married personnel??



Luck play an important role for interview... mayb lady luck is not with u today.. try again ^^

They do take in married personnel if i'm not wrong.. so long u looked ok and ur figure is alright.. should be okay i guess...


Hi all, i was booted out from the 2nd rd. I think i showed my leg when i walked the kebaya, and my skin was abit bumpy though. Those nice skin and nice figure friends got in though. HA! But, the kebaya was pretty tight fitting though. Not easy job. Heard theres another interview in Feb. So, we can practise our flaws though!

zandlelightz
Regular
Regular
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue, 15 Aug 2006
Location: Singapore

Re: Very demoralised...

Postby zandlelightz » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 7:59 pm

Cloey wrote:
iwannefly wrote:
baby11 wrote:Hi guys,

I went to the SIA interview today & didnt even get thru the 1st round...i was confident, didn't stammer not like 1 of the gal who did yet she got thru..I reali don't noe wat's wrong?! is it becos they don't take married personnel??



Luck play an important role for interview... mayb lady luck is not with u today.. try again ^^

They do take in married personnel if i'm not wrong.. so long u looked ok and ur figure is alright.. should be okay i guess...


Hi all, i was booted out from the 2nd rd. I think i showed my leg when i walked the kebaya, and my skin was abit bumpy though. Those nice skin and nice figure friends got in though. HA! But, the kebaya was pretty tight fitting though. Not easy job. Heard theres another interview in Feb. So, we can practise our flaws though!




Congrats at least you all tried it. And keep going. Maybe a tip for you gals. You can buy a fake SIA kebaya from penusala plaza in city hall for $19.90 and practice you walk in it. It will help you to know how to walk and to know your mistake. Thats what i told my ex girlfriend to do as well. See Ya Guys

User avatar
streets
Regular
Regular
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat, 26 Jan 2008
Location: Singapore

Re: Very demoralised...

Postby streets » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 8:43 pm

zandlelightz wrote:
Cloey wrote:
iwannefly wrote:
baby11 wrote:Hi guys,

I went to the SIA interview today & didnt even get thru the 1st round...i was confident, didn't stammer not like 1 of the gal who did yet she got thru..I reali don't noe wat's wrong?! is it becos they don't take married personnel??



Luck play an important role for interview... mayb lady luck is not with u today.. try again ^^

They do take in married personnel if i'm not wrong.. so long u looked ok and ur figure is alright.. should be okay i guess...


Hi all, i was booted out from the 2nd rd. I think i showed my leg when i walked the kebaya, and my skin was abit bumpy though. Those nice skin and nice figure friends got in though. HA! But, the kebaya was pretty tight fitting though. Not easy job. Heard theres another interview in Feb. So, we can practise our flaws though!




Congrats at least you all tried it. And keep going. Maybe a tip for you gals. You can buy a fake SIA kebaya from penusala plaza in city hall for $19.90 and practice you walk in it. It will help you to know how to walk and to know your mistake. Thats what i told my ex girlfriend to do as well. See Ya Guys


my favourite was the kebaya and skin check round -- it was a total brisk for me. and honestly, i fell in love with the uniform. after the clip, i fell deeper in love with this career.

no matter what, just treat this as an experience. i think because of my course of study, i am able to take criticisms and failures well. but of course for some, it might be a downer. so don't be afraid to just let yourself loose for a while, and get back up on your feet quickly. the most important thing is ask yourself what went wrong? learn from your mistakes.

personally, my weakness is, i get a tad too nervous and i often stumble on my words. i often speak without deep thinking, thus the not so good 'answers'. also, my regular 'erms' 'yeah' here and there. overall, my presentation skills!! hahah.

Cloey
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue, 16 Oct 2007

Re: Very demoralised...

Postby Cloey » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 8:45 pm

streets wrote:
zandlelightz wrote:
Cloey wrote:
iwannefly wrote:
baby11 wrote:Hi guys,

I went to the SIA interview today & didnt even get thru the 1st round...i was confident, didn't stammer not like 1 of the gal who did yet she got thru..I reali don't noe wat's wrong?! is it becos they don't take married personnel??



Luck play an important role for interview... mayb lady luck is not with u today.. try again ^^

They do take in married personnel if i'm not wrong.. so long u looked ok and ur figure is alright.. should be okay i guess...


Hi all, i was booted out from the 2nd rd. I think i showed my leg when i walked the kebaya, and my skin was abit bumpy though. Those nice skin and nice figure friends got in though. HA! But, the kebaya was pretty tight fitting though. Not easy job. Heard theres another interview in Feb. So, we can practise our flaws though!




Congrats at least you all tried it. And keep going. Maybe a tip for you gals. You can buy a fake SIA kebaya from penusala plaza in city hall for $19.90 and practice you walk in it. It will help you to know how to walk and to know your mistake. Thats what i told my ex girlfriend to do as well. See Ya Guys


my favourite was the kebaya and skin check round -- it was a total brisk for me. and honestly, i fell in love with the uniform. after the clip, i fell deeper in love with this career.

no matter what, just treat this as an experience. i think because of my course of study, i am able to take criticisms and failures well. but of course for some, it might be a downer. so don't be afraid to just let yourself loose for a while, and get back up on your feet quickly. the most important thing is ask yourself what went wrong? learn from your mistakes.

personally, my weakness is, i get a tad too nervous and i often stumble on my words. i often speak without deep thinking, thus the not so good 'answers'. also, my regular 'erms' 'yeah' here and there. overall, my presentation skills!! hahah.


So you got through the skin check round???

User avatar
streets
Regular
Regular
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat, 26 Jan 2008
Location: Singapore

Re: Very demoralised...

Postby streets » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 8:47 pm

Cloey wrote:
streets wrote:
zandlelightz wrote:
Cloey wrote:
iwannefly wrote:
baby11 wrote:Hi guys,

I went to the SIA interview today & didnt even get thru the 1st round...i was confident, didn't stammer not like 1 of the gal who did yet she got thru..I reali don't noe wat's wrong?! is it becos they don't take married personnel??



Luck play an important role for interview... mayb lady luck is not with u today.. try again ^^

They do take in married personnel if i'm not wrong.. so long u looked ok and ur figure is alright.. should be okay i guess...


Hi all, i was booted out from the 2nd rd. I think i showed my leg when i walked the kebaya, and my skin was abit bumpy though. Those nice skin and nice figure friends got in though. HA! But, the kebaya was pretty tight fitting though. Not easy job. Heard theres another interview in Feb. So, we can practise our flaws though!




Congrats at least you all tried it. And keep going. Maybe a tip for you gals. You can buy a fake SIA kebaya from penusala plaza in city hall for $19.90 and practice you walk in it. It will help you to know how to walk and to know your mistake. Thats what i told my ex girlfriend to do as well. See Ya Guys


my favourite was the kebaya and skin check round -- it was a total brisk for me. and honestly, i fell in love with the uniform. after the clip, i fell deeper in love with this career.

no matter what, just treat this as an experience. i think because of my course of study, i am able to take criticisms and failures well. but of course for some, it might be a downer. so don't be afraid to just let yourself loose for a while, and get back up on your feet quickly. the most important thing is ask yourself what went wrong? learn from your mistakes.

personally, my weakness is, i get a tad too nervous and i often stumble on my words. i often speak without deep thinking, thus the not so good 'answers'. also, my regular 'erms' 'yeah' here and there. overall, my presentation skills!! hahah.


So you got through the skin check round???


yes, i got booted out after 1-1 though. :(

Cloey
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue, 16 Oct 2007

Re: Very demoralised...

Postby Cloey » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 8:52 pm

So you got through the skin check round???[/quote]

yes, i got booted out after 1-1 though. :([/quote]

REALLY!!!!.. what question they ask? You are so close to getting it lor!! Dun give up ya!

User avatar
streets
Regular
Regular
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat, 26 Jan 2008
Location: Singapore

Re: Very demoralised...

Postby streets » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 8:59 pm

Cloey wrote:So you got through the skin check round???
yes, i got booted out after 1-1 though.

REALLY!!!!.. what question they ask? You are so close to getting it lor!! Dun give up ya!



the lady asked me quite alot of questions, but as i reflected, i think here're the few i think i might have taken the wrong moves:

have you any friends/relatives in SIA/other airlines? so what kind of stuffs do they tell you about?

i elaborated on politics and how i could handle, with my experience in working in a female environment and all. NEVER DO THIS I TELL YOU!
(just spur of the moment, and i blurted it out without putting much thought, that's how i am when i'm nervous lol)


strengths & weaknesses
i said i have self discipline, given my background being as a police cadet in secondary school, elaborated crap on that. and my flaw is i often get too nervous when i present, but it's quite different when i serve.

yeah. eeew. but nevermind, i take this as an experience and i will learn!

don't give up easily k!

User avatar
purple.sara
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 210
Joined: Fri, 14 Dec 2007

Postby purple.sara » Sun, 27 Jan 2008 9:23 pm

i'm back from the interviews...=) managed to get through all the rounds..now waiting for the call for my final interview...today has been a really tough day for everyone...phew...2 of my frens didn't make it...cause of the skin check..i barely make it..thanks to the long kebaya sleeve that cover the flaws i had...


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests