Help where to live - S$3500 / Month for Rent

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
rimscript

Help where to live - S$3500 / Month for Rent

Post by rimscript » Fri, 18 Jan 2008 11:59 pm

Hi,

I'm going to moving to Singapore in 1.5 weeks. I know the rental market while high has seemed to settle down a bit (just a tiny bit!). I have budgeted myself at S$3500 per month for rent. I'm looking for suggestions on places to live that meet the following criteria (in order of preference):

S$3500/month rent
not a studio
less than 25min MRT / publict transit ride to Raffles Place
has in condo/building laundry
pool/gym

I have heard that places like Pebble Bay are nice - I'm just not sure how easy it is to get into the city on a weekend etc.

Any help would be appreciated!! I've spent days using home search but feel like I need some on the ground experts!

thanks
Boston -> Singapore

Singapore Property Search

durain
Director
Director

Post by durain » Wed, 30 Jan 2008 10:57 pm

i dig the dude's username! how original!!!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 10

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 31 Jan 2008 12:15 am

What dude? :P

I actually typed a warning to him earlier tonight on the 1st post (the one that didn't have a link attached to it) warning him. But then though about sprite and the tempest in a teacup earlier so I deleted it. Came back a few hours later and looks like my gut was right again. All 4 posts gone now....... :cool:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

bostonT2
Chatter
Chatter

Post by bostonT2 » Sun, 03 Feb 2008 9:12 am

hmm..another dude from Boston? interesting

durain
Director
Director

Re: Help where to live - S$3500 / Month for Rent

Post by durain » Sun, 03 Feb 2008 10:54 am

rimscript wrote:Hi,

I'm going to moving to Singapore in 1.5 weeks. I know the rental market while high has seemed to settle down a bit (just a tiny bit!). I have budgeted myself at S$3500 per month for rent. I'm looking for suggestions on places to live that meet the following criteria (in order of preference):

S$3500/month rent
not a studio
less than 25min MRT / publict transit ride to Raffles Place
has in condo/building laundry
pool/gym

I have heard that places like Pebble Bay are nice - I'm just not sure how easy it is to get into the city on a weekend etc.

Any help would be appreciated!! I've spent days using home search but feel like I need some on the ground experts!

thanks
there are loads and loads of condo that fits your criteria for S$3500. the only thing is you need to view them because only you will know what you like or want. one man's palace is another man's shed! looking for a place to stay is no easy task since tenancy agreement is usually 1 or 2 years contract.