Singapore Expats Forum

Australia Day 2008

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
emjwalker84

Australia Day 2008

Postby emjwalker84 » Fri, 18 Jan 2008 1:59 pm

Anyone know of anything happening for Australia Day in couple of weeks?

Was my favourite holiday back home so will be sad if I don't celebrate it in some way. Especially because it's on a sunday!

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions my fellow Aussie friend and I would love to know.

Cheers, EM

mrwhite909

Postby mrwhite909 » Sat, 19 Jan 2008 3:32 pm

Hi I have just moved here from the Gold Coast this week and was wondering the same thing.
I don't know anyone here at all so am keen to meet some aussies and can't think of a better way than at an Australia day party.
So if you don't find any event maybe we should start our own.

Hildegard

Postby Hildegard » Sat, 19 Jan 2008 8:14 pm

Hey Guys,

My Fiance and I and a mate of ours who is here from Aus for a few days are also looking for somewhere to go.
Brewerkz is the most likely place for a beer or 20 so far!

WAYW

Postby WAYW » Sun, 20 Jan 2008 12:22 am

Hey Guys,

I guess you could check out Austcham singapore . They do organize events for Australian Day.

Or alternatively, You could also head down to clark quay( brewerks) for a drink or south boat Quay ( I think its Penny black).

Hope this helps!

Cheers

ashlee.c

AUSTRALIA DAY 2008

Postby ashlee.c » Sun, 20 Jan 2008 11:17 pm

To all those out there wishing to celebrate australia day and have no idea where to go to do so well the "Bungee Bar" in Clarke Quay celebrates aussie day/night (party). It's right next to the "vertical bungee" or jump in a cab and say bungee bar clarke quay, cab driver will know where to go.

So come THIS SAT night when they provide a BBQ and an awesome place to meet other aussies who you dont think exist in this country.
I am a uni student here in singapore from australia and 75% of my classmates are aussie so we will be there having a ball.

If you want more info or any help contact me at rednut_ash@hotmail.com

cheers ash :)

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE ..OI OI OI ...WHOOOOOOOOO

FREOBOY

Australia Day in Singapore 2008

Postby FREOBOY » Wed, 23 Jan 2008 12:59 pm

Well from viewing the comments below it would seem that an old fashioned ozzie pub crawl may be in order. I think my scabby ozzie mates and I'll start at Boat Quay and then to Brewwerkz and then to the bungy bar. But if I hear too much ozzy ozzy ozzy oi oi oi, then I may just go elsewhere.
A mate told me that the aussie consulate used to put on an open BBQ type gathering???
Anyway, I'll try and get some hawker stand to BBQ some prawns, minus the heads etc and down some beers, hopefully I can find some decent WA beer.
Cheers

JJ

Jeppo
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Jeppo » Wed, 23 Jan 2008 1:26 pm

From the Australian High Commission website:

26 Jan: AUSTRALIA DAY
7pm I Alley Bar and Outdoors cafe and bar I Peranakan Place, 180 Orchard Road
Complimentary first beer for Australian nationals, whilst stocks last! For more information, see www.peranakanplace.com or call 6732 6966.

Wiggy
Location: Singapore for 3 months(London via Melbourne Originally)

Postby Wiggy » Thu, 22 Jan 2009 12:10 pm

Hi all,

Just arrived from London and am here for a good few months.

How could i not resist a good opportunity to meet some ppl from home and having a proper lashup to celebrate being 'Oz'

I am free to do anyhting in the evening of the 26th and cant wait to get amongst it..

Please let me know if there is a central rally point

Cheers
:P Wiggy
'Buy the ticket... take the ride'

Hildegard

Postby Hildegard » Thu, 22 Jan 2009 7:28 pm

check out the Australia day 2009 thread

Immortal
Regular
Regular

Postby Immortal » Fri, 23 Jan 2009 10:51 am

Think there's a barbeque at Boomarang so me and my best mate from Sydney are heading down there. I hope they give out flags and temp tattoos ...

Hey Freoboy, I am also looking for some good WA beer :) Let me know if you find any.