Property handover

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
oceanblue8798

Property handover

Post by oceanblue8798 » Thu, 17 Jan 2008 10:37 am

Hi,
I am returning the unit to the landlord who is complaining the unit is not clean however I have paid $100 for the cleaning services. The landlord asked me to clean the unit again. do you think I need to do so? I am just returning the unit at the same condition as when I rented this unit. Their toilet was not so clean at that time too.

Singapore Property Search

oku
Regular
Regular

Post by oku » Thu, 17 Jan 2008 4:34 pm

hope you kept the receipt from the cleaning company. i think the landlord is trying to find fault so he can keep the deposit.

rhino
Regular
Regular

Re: Property handover

Post by rhino » Thu, 17 Jan 2008 6:28 pm

oceanblue8798 wrote:Hi,
I am returning the unit to the landlord who is complaining the unit is not clean however I have paid $100 for the cleaning services. The landlord asked me to clean the unit again. do you think I need to do so? I am just returning the unit at the same condition as when I rented this unit. Their toilet was not so clean at that time too.
Clean or in poor condition? There is a difference. Unless you took pictures when you moved into the place, and presented these to the landlord at the start of the lease proving the toilet looked crap (for want of a better word) there may not be much you can do.