Singapore Expats Forum

Is S$6500/m enough?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

Pretty

Is S$6500/m enough?

Postby Pretty » Thu, 09 Sep 2004 1:42 am

Hi,

I am a single mother with 2 kids. I just got a job offer at S$6,500/m without any other allowances (except medic insurance). May I know if this is enogh?

Jesicca

jpatokal

Postby jpatokal » Fri, 10 Sep 2004 12:23 am

Hell yeah. You didn't mention your field, but that's a pretty good salary by most Singaporean standards.

amanda

more than enough

Postby amanda » Fri, 10 Sep 2004 9:57 am

your salary, more than enough...can live comfortably.

ggg

nn

Postby ggg » Fri, 10 Sep 2004 8:32 pm

good

Postby Guest » Sat, 11 Sep 2004 7:00 pm

I make 6000/month with a banking and finance job. rent +utility is around 2000. That leaves 4000. so it really depends on your life style. I also support my wife who does not work here. overall, we get to save 1500/month.

classijob

Postby classijob » Mon, 13 Sep 2004 11:45 am

it really depends on how u want to live
if you want to send your kids to private schools here, that may cost u around 1 k/mth. and u probably need a maid which will cost u another 500-600 per mth.

but with 6 k , i thk u can manage it quite well

try getting a place that is near to your work area so that u can save on transport

Postby Guest » Tue, 14 Sep 2004 6:11 pm

Anonymous wrote:I make 6000/month with a banking and finance job. rent +utility is around 2000. That leaves 4000. so it really depends on your life style. I also support my wife who does not work here. overall, we get to save 1500/month.

What? How do you guys live on 2500? This covers food, transport, clothers, entertainment and occational weekend getaways and airtickets home once a year? How do you do it?

We're two people on 4000, and we struggle to make ends meet.

bingo

Postby bingo » Wed, 15 Sep 2004 10:11 pm

well, i think it's all a matter of choice... whether you go for the 500/mth HDB flat or the 10,000/mth condo down in Ardmore park... dinner at the fancy restaurant or at the local kopitiam... right? :wink:

Postby Guest » Thu, 16 Sep 2004 1:59 pm

bingo wrote:well, i think it's all a matter of choice... whether you go for the 500/mth HDB flat or the 10,000/mth condo down in Ardmore park... dinner at the fancy restaurant or at the local kopitiam... right? :wink:

Well, we were talking 4000 after housing paid (if you read the post before trying to be a besserwisser, we might have an interesting discussion for once)!!

Seriously - how do two people get the ends to meet with S$4000 a month? Of course, we can skip ever leaving Singapore, we can decide never to touch alcohol again or to only eat at the hawker centre... Which is fine if it suits you, but if you come from Europe, these things are parts of your culture, its your hobby and your way to unwind.