Singapore Expats Forum

Remote-Controlled Kites

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Remote-Controlled Kites

Postby ozchick » Sun, 13 Jan 2008 9:44 pm

I see these local guys with these beautiful remote-control kites at Riverside Point? Clark Quay. These are amazing and mus be great fun !
Would love to get my hands on one - any info anyone ?
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

durain
Director
Director

Postby durain » Sun, 13 Jan 2008 10:50 pm

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Sun, 13 Jan 2008 10:56 pm

The most awesome kites I saw were in some shops in Marina Bay. There's only one row of shops in the area, at least last I was there so they should be easy to find. Some of the kites were as big as me!

Oh, and I heard they fly better with a Swede attached to the end of the string. :wink:

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Mon, 14 Jan 2008 4:41 pm

Hey thanks Durain and WIMH ! A colleague seems to think that they're a little pricey maybe $1,000 sg upwards...mm call me self-indulgent but I could die tomorrow and not have had the thrills and spills of remote-controlled kite-flying !! He he.. Feel like a little kid at Christmas time in my determination to get one of these !
Yeah and WIMH if my kite gets stuck up a tree, guess who's going up to bring it back to me ! He he...what else are guys good for ! :)

Hey WIMH I see you dancing when I 'copy' your message ....this shouldn't be hidden babes. It's real cute and better than little crawling ants and stuff like some farming types have on here :wink:

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Mon, 14 Jan 2008 6:04 pm

ozchick wrote:Hey WIMH I see you dancing when I 'copy' your message ....this shouldn't be hidden babes. It's real cute and better than little crawling ants and stuff like some farming types have on here :wink:

Thanks Ozgirl. Look at it this way, between the ant and the girl, we bring you both country charm and city chic. Best of both worlds! :D

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Mon, 14 Jan 2008 8:43 pm

WIMH when she's not dancing in silhouette.

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Mon, 14 Jan 2008 10:06 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:WIMH when she's not dancing in silhouette.

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image

LOL :D
Ooh Strong Eagle you might be in the dog-house with WIMH now ! He he...Hey WIMH is that YOU bottom row far left ?! :wink:

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Mon, 14 Jan 2008 10:41 pm

Ozchick, SE would be a lucky dog to be in any kind of house with me! And yes, I was told that flipping my hair was the latest way to act hot, just need to perfect my technique!