Singapore Expats

relocate to Singapore : different types of PR??

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.
Post Reply
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 4:08 am

relocate to Singapore : different types of PR??

Post by kn1ghtx » Sun, 13 Jan 2008 4:30 am


I'm married to a Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR). right now, I'm in Canada and my wife is in Singapore. I'm planning to move to Singapore, but obviously I need a career there too.

a little info about myself:
I graduated from a Canadian university and have been working as an Electrical / ASIC engineer since 2001.

I understand that a spouse of an SPR is eligible to apply for SPR as well.

I have some questions about SPR application since I couldn't find the answers from ICA:
1. is it true that the spousal SPR thing only works if the husband is the SPR holder? or t works both ways (wife can sponsor husband for SPR as well)??
2. are there different types of PR when it comes to spousal sponsorship? I heard from word of mouth that some type of PRs obtained by spousal sponsorship are restricted (eg. not allowed to work in SG)??
3. if #2 is true, what's the strategic way to help me move to SG (status wise)?
4. what is In-Principle PR?

Thank you very much for the help...

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “Relocating, Moving to Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests