Singapore Expats Forum

Disappearance of Intelligence

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Disappearance of Intelligence

Postby Wind In My Hair » Thu, 10 Jan 2008 10:31 pm

So, why has the intelligence thread been moved? Let me guess:

A. To test the intelligence of posters here by seeing who can locate it.
B. To observe our powers of observation to see if we notice it's gone.
C. To give moderators time to practise the test secretly before moving it back.
D. To make space for Ozchick's return and expected deluge of posts.

Come on, whoever did it. 'Fess up!

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 10 Jan 2008 10:41 pm

Good question. I didn't know it had been moved. I though it was originally in the rubbish forum. Shows how much stock I put into IQ tests! Oh well. Wasn't me.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Thu, 10 Jan 2008 11:51 pm

Probably JP cleaning up, you know what he's like :) his silence is deadly :)besides i went off topic! :cry: uhooo! I'm the guilty one! :evil:

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 11 Jan 2008 12:17 am

ksl,

That shouldn't matter. It wasn't in the "Strictly Speaking" forum anyway so it shouldn't have been moved in any case.

Rich D
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Rich D » Fri, 11 Jan 2008 2:33 pm

Having seen a whole thread on the absence of Ozchick I was full of hope that this one was about the fact that I haven't made a post for a while.

Oh well, pride cometh before a fall................
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 11 Jan 2008 4:14 pm

And happy new year to you too! :P

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Fri, 11 Jan 2008 11:09 pm

Rich D wrote:Having seen a whole thread on the absence of Ozchick I was full of hope that this one was about the fact that I haven't made a post for a while.

:lol:

KSL may have dedicated a thread to you too if you'd taken the trouble to flirt outrageously with him, as Ozchick did.

Rich D
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Rich D » Fri, 11 Jan 2008 11:49 pm

Wind In My Hair wrote: :lol:

KSL may have dedicated a thread to you too if you'd taken the trouble to flirt outrageously with him, as Ozchick did.

I admit I am desperate but not that desperate!

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Sat, 12 Jan 2008 12:02 am

Rich D wrote:
Wind In My Hair wrote: :lol:

I admit I am desperate but not that desperate!

Thank god for that! I'd hate to keel over in the middle of my act :oops: Sad Tommy! Although the relief is mine....thank god for hemmorrhoids :wink: That's what Tommy Cooper would have said, HaHaHa! One of the greats, and I really believed it was part of the act, when he passed away on TV, a very sad day for comedy!

WIMH, you'll be getting me a bad name :P :wink:

Rich D
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Rich D » Mon, 14 Jan 2008 1:15 am

ksl wrote:thank god for hemmorrhoids :wink: That's what Tommy Cooper would have said, HaHaHa! One of the greats, and I really believed it was part of the act, when he passed away on TV, a very sad day for comedy!

So did I. Your quote puts me in mind of one of his other gags -

Go to the seaside they said, its good for rheumatism. So I went, and I got it!

Ah, one of these days I'm going to right my book about British comedy in the 20th century and how themes that started in the music halls with Tommy Trinder, Arthur Askey and so on are still around today. In later years you can compare Vic Reeves and Bob Mortimer with Morecambe and Wise or the League of Gentlemen and Monty Python and find similarities.

Have you recently listened to some of the Beyond Our Ken and Round the Horne (you can access them via BBC's i-player)? I can hardly believe the innuendo they got away with even way back in the strait laced 50's using characters like Julian and Sandy or Rambling Sid Rumpole.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Mon, 14 Jan 2008 2:12 pm

Rich D wrote:
ksl wrote:thank god for hemmorrhoids :wink: That's what Tommy Cooper would have said, HaHaHa! One of the greats, and I really believed it was part of the act, when he passed away on TV, a very sad day for comedy!

So did I. Your quote puts me in mind of one of his other gags -

Go to the seaside they said, its good for rheumatism. So I went, and I got it!

Ah, one of these days I'm going to right my book about British comedy in the 20th century and how themes that started in the music halls with Tommy Trinder, Arthur Askey and so on are still around today. In later years you can compare Vic Reeves and Bob Mortimer with Morecambe and Wise or the League of Gentlemen and Monty Python and find similarities.

Have you recently listened to some of the Beyond Our Ken and Round the Horne (you can access them via BBC's i-player)? I can hardly believe the innuendo they got away with even way back in the strait laced 50's using characters like Julian and Sandy or Rambling Sid Rumpole.

Yes I can see the connections, with many of the comedy acts, Benny Hill was a classic...Coming from Lancashire and growing up only a couple of miles from Morecame, was quite entertaining in my young days, with all the comedians about...Morecambe was always a popular venue, with Blackpool.....although those days are gone now, thanks to the nuclear power plants...tourism is almost zero, and Blackpool is falling rapidly too, to what it was....thanks to easy jet and the like!