Singapore Expats

Food intolerance

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
phil30k
Regular
Regular

Food intolerance

Post by phil30k » Wed, 09 Jan 2008 4:17 pm

I was looking though U-tube (that may turn out to be my next addiction) and came across a video on Food Intolerance.

Basically the premise is you can also be intolerant to some foods the same way that some people are allergic to some foods. So while eating it does not kill you, it can have some smaller negative physical effect on you.

It also offers testing for food intolerances (for a fee) and makes a lot of promises... including easy weight loss.

Does anyone know if that's actual medical doctrine or falls into the eating lots of pineapples will terminate a pregnancy type of catagory?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 09 Jan 2008 5:31 pm

It's fact. Seasider can give you lots of information as she has quite a few food intolerances I believe.....

Just like lots of Asians are lactose intolerant. It's is a for real problem.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

phil30k
Regular
Regular

Post by phil30k » Thu, 10 Jan 2008 10:27 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:It's fact. Seasider can give you lots of information as she has quite a few food intolerances I believe.....

Just like lots of Asians are lactose intolerant. It's is a for real problem.
Thanks.

seasider
Chatter
Chatter

Post by seasider » Thu, 10 Jan 2008 4:20 pm

I've replied to your PM. If anybody else wants details of testing, let me know.

NCD22

Blood Type Diet

Post by NCD22 » Fri, 11 Jan 2008 5:22 pm

Read the book Eat Right For Your Type. It goes into all the details about what foods and combinations of foods work best for each individual blood type, i.e. food intolerances and compatability. The book details that for each blood type certain foods help you reduce/maintain optimal body weight and live healthier, while others do the opposite and harm you.

I have been doing it for a while and I do feel better, but I am AB- and there are only like 4% of the world's population with my blood type so there is not as much supporting evidence as to what works for me...But still, the book advocates a good diet plan so it is worth a read in my opinion.
:wink: ››NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH THE REAL THING‹‹ :wink:

seasider
Chatter
Chatter

Post by seasider » Fri, 11 Jan 2008 6:47 pm

I have that book too, and for some foods it backs up my intolerance test results. I'm not supposed to be a meat eater, and actually I don't really like meat.

I'm told there is a shop specifically for Blood Type diets, I'm not sure what it sells but I think it's near Republic Plaza.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Sat, 12 Jan 2008 12:16 am

have been doing it for a while and I do feel better, but I am AB- and there are only like 4% of the world's population

I'm AB positive, and my daughter, and son too! There is also a diet type book for AB's I've seen it, but never purchased it! The book is only small, and fits in the pocket!