Singapore Expats

How to set up an online business

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
kwokhua

Post by kwokhua » Sun, 27 Apr 2008 11:00 am

To set up an online business, basically, there's 3 simple steps:

1) Find a niche market.
(Enlist the help of Amazon and Ebay. Look at what most people are looking for)

2) Create an offer
(You need a website. Create an irrestitable offer. You do not need tons of technical knowledge nowadays to create a website. If you are not well-equipped, you can learn it in a matter of days and there are a few free web composers online. Alternatively, you can get the freelancers to do it for you. One useful website you can visit for free lancers is elance dot com)

3) Drive Traffic to Your Website
(This is the greatest challenge of all. There are lots of ways. You can learn some of these effetive ways through the established internet marketers. A good education on internet marketing is important if you wish to do business online. My recommendations is that you should get a good grounding first before you start on an online business.

Here's sincerely hoping that what I have shared helps.

Just a gentle reminder that an online business involves as much effort and time put in as that of an offline business.

Persevere and you will succeed. :-)

contact-me

Post by contact-me » Tue, 29 Apr 2008 10:35 pm

spoon72 wrote:Before you dump in money for your website, I would sincerely advice you to try selling your stuffs on Ebay . Firstly, the exposure on Ebay is so wide, if your stuffs are rare and valueble, i am sure it will get bidded up in no time. Secondly, if you stuffs doesn't sell on ebay, I do not see how you can be justified in setting up the site . Let me know if you need any help in selling on Ebay, I will be glad to help.
Hi you must be one of the best seller on Ebay ya. WEll i have lots of things to be uploaded in ebay its jus that i dont have the time to keep track on the bids. Also am not very sure how it goes. I heard that there will someone that can do all that work. Any idea?

regards,
VB
[email protected]

Winxkid
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Winxkid » Mon, 09 Jun 2008 10:08 pm

contact-me wrote:
spoon72 wrote:Before you dump in money for your website, I would sincerely advice you to try selling your stuffs on Ebay . Firstly, the exposure on Ebay is so wide, if your stuffs are rare and valueble, i am sure it will get bidded up in no time. Secondly, if you stuffs doesn't sell on ebay, I do not see how you can be justified in setting up the site . Let me know if you need any help in selling on Ebay, I will be glad to help.
Hi you must be one of the best seller on Ebay ya. WEll i have lots of things to be uploaded in ebay its jus that i dont have the time to keep track on the bids. Also am not very sure how it goes. I heard that there will someone that can do all that work. Any idea?

regards,
VB
[email protected]
Cool pal, there's a eBay management tool designed for that - just make sure you remember to clear your Email daily :) The flexibility and advantage of internet business is there are hundred and one ways to generate revenue. to widen your revenue, use blogs and online selling tools like EBay and Amazon. Write interesting blog (that is, if You can?) and do it systematically like disclaimer and agreement and the delivery process. After-which(if You find eBay a good market), get a Yahoo online store's solution and once you have regular customers, go ahead and setup a personalize website.

Next will be your market group. Knows the need in general, it's harder for new products to be sold well. Sell the same products, but source for cheaper yet reliable supplier so that You can offer your customers at a cheaper rate than market -). For those general products, it's better earn lesser in order to build your regular customer's base

P.S: ACRA require any activity that has continuous gain to register it under business. (To protect yourself<if>, you can go ahead to register a business firm($65 for first year) and $20 per renewal yearly. :D
petsgdirectory.blogspot.com