Singapore Expats Forum

Ozchick

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Ozchick

Postby ksl » Mon, 07 Jan 2008 11:17 pm

I hope everything is okay with Ozchick, it's kind of quite around here, without the Oz influence, and besides I need...a template.....or a damn good idea...for a new health drink name, any offers on the name! Maybe i should hold a competition? :)

Also looking to create a 3 minute video! Throw those prices at me, through the PM...for a 3 to 5 minute video!

Alvin chipmonk style and healthy, I may even do it frame by frame with my daughters collection of toys! Not needed until June or July 08! My head is in full spin at the moment, with ideas!

durain
Director
Director

Postby durain » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 12:20 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semtex_(drink)

maybe name your drink "explosive" ?

prkravi
Chatter
Chatter

Postby prkravi » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 12:41 am

Revive

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 11:07 am

ksl,

Yeah, I've been wondering what happened to her as well. Her last post was just prior to going down to watch the Fireworks on New Year's Eve. She was supposed to report back but it would seem she's MIA? Hope she okay and not made at us for some reason. She is not on the sewing circle either.

seasider,

if you see this post, have you heard from her or has she logged on over there since New Years?

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 11:56 am

I miss Ozchick, and cutiebutie too!

phil30k
Regular
Regular

Re: Ozchick

Postby phil30k » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 12:17 pm

I've recently discovered that a "food intolerance" concept has been buzzing around a bit, I'm not sure if it's a recent fad.

It's kind of like food allergies but the tests for allergies don't pick these up. They require a separate and different testing.

It's a little like the alternative to going totally organic to avoid unhealthy foods, which I suppose can be expensive.

It's being touted as the new non-medicinal remedy.

I suppose a fruit juice that taps into this concept and avoids these foods could sell pretty well to a market that is aware and concious of this distinction.

Incidentally, the list includes eggs, diary products, milk, processed wheat, seafood, acidic fruits and nuts.

On a personal note, I'm planning to cut these out of my diet and see if anything changes.

seasider
Chatter
Chatter

Postby seasider » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 1:01 pm

Hasn't logged on for a couple of weeks. I'll drop her a text. Chase me incase I forget.

Phil - not sure what it has to do with ozchick but I know all about food intolerances.

Plavt
Director
Director

Re: Ozchick

Postby Plavt » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 3:25 pm

phil30k wrote:I've recently discovered that a "food intolerance" concept has been buzzing around a bit, I'm not sure if it's a recent fad.

People in Britain have been suffering from something called the norovirus recently which is a contagious stomach bug. Authorities are advising people to stay off-work for two days.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7169347.stm

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 4:45 pm

Strange thread, this one. Talk about meandering all over hell and creation.

Thread about Ozchick's whereabouts turns up food intolerant, viruses, funny advertsing video bits and other assorted all within an 8 post span. :???:

Plavt
Director
Director

Postby Plavt » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 5:36 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Strange thread, this one. Talk about meandering all over hell and creation.

Thread about Ozchick's whereabouts turns up food intolerant, viruses, funny advertsing video bits and other assorted all within an 8 post span. :???:

Ozchick, good for variety, where are you Ozchick?

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 8:08 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Strange thread, this one. Talk about meandering all over hell and creation.

Happy New Year 2008! Yes it is a stange thread :-| although i do hope Ozchick is okay :cry: !

Plavt: I heard about the bug going around, quite an epidemic in UK, I believe, you'll have too watch out yourself too, wear one of those face mask, until it gets under control...

My wife caught Asian flue in UK, a couple of years ago , in the winter...and spent 6 days in hospital, and the rest of the time in bed, with high fever...a really bad trip that was!

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 10:37 pm

Oh you beautiful people ! I nearly died when I saw a thread with my name on it ! Aghhhh ! God I half expected to see an obituary there for me ! Phew...it's good to read that you haven't organised a remembrance service for me ! :D

Really really sorry to have gone AWOL. Ooh guys.....I've sort of been occupied...mm ok yeah alright got it bad for a Swedish rooster I recently met :wink: And I feel really guilty going AWOL for so long but I'm safe and sound and very happy even though he's in Honkers for a few days leaving me all alone....
And NEW YEAR'S EVE was great ! A friend and I went to see a film near the 'action' . Perfect timing as it finished at 11. 45 just in time for a short stroll which got us very close to the esplanade and a beautiful view. Couldn't believe the amazing quiet Singaporeans watching the fireworks and dispersing in such an orderly fashion. I will never forget that ! In Oz it would have been an atmosphere of loud-mouthed drunks and hoons and a need for real caution at that hour of the day...mm..
Went to Thailand for a few days pretty good but MISSED SINGAPORE BIG TIME ! AND CHANGI AIRPORT IS SUCH AN ABSOLUTE PLEASURE......yeah starting to think I might be able to see out my contract here......yeah WIMH I'm almost saying it..... :wink:
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 10:44 pm

Glad to hear your okay gal! We was sorta gittin' a mite worried. Just glad it was your hormones that got you distracted! Or was it his hormones that got you hormones distracted! :P :cool:

Anyway, sounds like you had a happy new year and then some!

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 10:46 pm

And KSL a friend used my printer while I was away and now it's not working :( Any chance if I put a thread 'over there' you could help me out ? Will have another try and write down the sad and sorry symptoms !

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 10:56 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote: Or was it his hormones that got you hormones distracted!

Ooh you are a naughty little farm boy !
And you know what sms, just can't 'cross over ' to the 'others'. The atmosphere isn't the same at all...what is it about that ? I can't quite work it out but I feel like I know you guys here, plavt, sms, ksl, wimh, and others - (and what's happened to the 'clog-boy'?) and over there I can't read 'between the lines at all' ....and seasider I'm glad you still check in here- this place is all class ! :)

Return to “General Discussions”