Singapore Expats Forum

SILKAIR RECRUITMENT on 19th & 31st JAN

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
User avatar
Quasimodo
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 595
Joined: Tue, 25 Oct 2005

Re: silkair nxt recruitment?

Postby Quasimodo » Wed, 30 Jan 2008 9:39 pm

mikoliicia wrote:
singaporegrrl wrote:
mikoliicia wrote:will everyone received the email stating that they are in / out . or do they only send to those who are in . ? :D


Only the ones who gets selected.


but i thought queenie-me said that whether your in anot we will received gosh .. im scared i gave them my email wrongly . do you know who do i contact reagarding the human resource . ?? singaporegrrl :D


Present, Continuous, past tense all in one sentence . . . nice touch.

Don't worry, if you can't give them your e-mail correctly I'm sure you'll make a good flight attendant . . . only two things to remember: coffee or tea.

Actually, I had a shocker of a flight with Thai Air Asia last week . . . and I am sure that any and all potential flighties here would do a better job than the Siamese Twins that sashayed through the aisles.
One in the hand is worth two of something

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4292
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Re: silkair nxt recruitment?

Postby Plavt » Wed, 30 Jan 2008 10:17 pm

Quasimodo wrote:
Actually, I had a shocker of a flight with Thai Air Asia last week . . . and I am sure that any and all potential flighties here would do a better job than the Siamese Twins that sashayed through the aisles.



That's what you get for being a 'cheap skate'. :P :lol:

User avatar
Quasimodo
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 595
Joined: Tue, 25 Oct 2005

Re: silkair nxt recruitment?

Postby Quasimodo » Thu, 31 Jan 2008 9:16 am

Plavt wrote:
Quasimodo wrote:
Actually, I had a shocker of a flight with Thai Air Asia last week . . . and I am sure that any and all potential flighties here would do a better job than the Siamese Twins that sashayed through the aisles.



That's what you get for being a 'cheap skate'. :P :lol:


To quote a distinguished contributor to this thread:

Hahaha and Hahahaha

I know . . . you cannot imagine the price difference between AirAsia and Thai or MAS on the BKK-KUL route . . .


I have always liked Queenie-me, especially for answers like:

You know me, I never like to give people false hope.
It's over.


Oh, I almost forgot:

Hahahaha Brilliant!
One in the hand is worth two of something

User avatar
queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 649
Joined: Wed, 04 May 2005
Location: Singapore

Re: silkair nxt recruitment?

Postby queenie-me » Thu, 31 Jan 2008 10:43 am

Quasimodo wrote:
Plavt wrote:
Quasimodo wrote:
Actually, I had a shocker of a flight with Thai Air Asia last week . . . and I am sure that any and all potential flighties here would do a better job than the Siamese Twins that sashayed through the aisles.



That's what you get for being a 'cheap skate'. :P :lol:


To quote a distinguished contributor to this thread:

Hahaha and Hahahaha

I know . . . you cannot imagine the price difference between AirAsia and Thai or MAS on the BKK-KUL route . . .


I have always liked Queenie-me, especially for answers like:

You know me, I never like to give people false hope.
It's over.


Oh, I almost forgot:

Hahahaha Brilliant!


:P

starrfann
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon, 21 Jan 2008

Postby starrfann » Fri, 01 Feb 2008 10:20 am

i went for the medical check up yest and there was 15 girls. today, another 13 girls went for thier check up. i'm scared they will eliminate about 8 girls to make it 20 girls in a batch. or maybe they make it 2 batch this time round? is it possible? i really dont wanna get cut after making it so far. pls advise. thanks. :-|

User avatar
singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 635
Joined: Mon, 21 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore / United Arab Emirates

Postby singaporegrrl » Fri, 01 Feb 2008 12:33 pm

starrfann wrote:i went for the medical check up yest and there was 15 girls. today, another 13 girls went for thier check up. i'm scared they will eliminate about 8 girls to make it 20 girls in a batch. or maybe they make it 2 batch this time round? is it possible? i really dont wanna get cut after making it so far. pls advise. thanks. :-|


LOL! There's no such thing as elimination after medical, unless you have a condition that prevent you to join Silkair. I'm sure they're having 2 batches this time round. You are worrying for the stupidest of reasons.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

starrfann
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon, 21 Jan 2008

Postby starrfann » Fri, 01 Feb 2008 6:09 pm

singaporegrrl wrote:
starrfann wrote:i went for the medical check up yest and there was 15 girls. today, another 13 girls went for thier check up. i'm scared they will eliminate about 8 girls to make it 20 girls in a batch. or maybe they make it 2 batch this time round? is it possible? i really dont wanna get cut after making it so far. pls advise. thanks. :-|


LOL! There's no such thing as elimination after medical, unless you have a condition that prevent you to join Silkair. I'm sure they're having 2 batches this time round. You are worrying for the stupidest of reasons.


thanks! i feel a tad better about it already. well, hope to see you on board singaporegrrl!

User avatar
singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 635
Joined: Mon, 21 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore / United Arab Emirates

Postby singaporegrrl » Fri, 01 Feb 2008 6:22 pm

starrfann wrote:thanks! i feel a tad better about it already. well, hope to see you on board singaporegrrl!


Hehe doubt so coz I've already resigned from Silkair. Good luck to you. You've jumped your first hurdle. The only advice I could give you is remember to be patient and humble.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

User avatar
mikoliicia
Regular
Regular
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun, 20 Jan 2008
Location: SINGAPORE

Postby mikoliicia » Fri, 01 Feb 2008 8:38 pm

singaporegrrl wrote:
starrfann wrote:thanks! i feel a tad better about it already. well, hope to see you on board singaporegrrl!


Hehe doubt so coz I've already resigned from Silkair. Good luck to you. You've jumped your first hurdle. The only advice I could give you is remember to be patient and humble.


hi singaporegrrl , i have got somthing to asked you , i have gone through till management round but wasnt choosen . is there like a minimum months i cant try again . a ban or something . thanks :)
❤ :: misses ::

User avatar
singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 635
Joined: Mon, 21 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore / United Arab Emirates

Postby singaporegrrl » Fri, 01 Feb 2008 9:26 pm

mikoliicia wrote:hi singaporegrrl , i have got somthing to asked you , i have gone through till management round but wasnt choosen . is there like a minimum months i cant try again . a ban or something . thanks :)


I remembered when I went for the interview last 2 years, the interviewers remebered these 2 girls who were eliminated from the previous interview intake. They still let them go through the interview anyway.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

starrfann
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon, 21 Jan 2008

Postby starrfann » Sat, 02 Feb 2008 9:19 am

singaporegrrl wrote:
starrfann wrote:thanks! i feel a tad better about it already. well, hope to see you on board singaporegrrl!


Hehe doubt so coz I've already resigned from Silkair. Good luck to you. You've jumped your first hurdle. The only advice I could give you is remember to be patient and humble.


thanks alot! i cant wait for training to start!!

astarlesha
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun, 13 May 2007

Postby astarlesha » Sat, 02 Feb 2008 11:31 pm

Hi! Just want to know if SilkAir is strict over the height issue..will they accept or conduct an arm reach test if I'm just a few cm away?

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4292
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Sat, 02 Feb 2008 11:35 pm

astarlesha wrote:Hi! Just want to know if SilkAir is strict over the height issue..will they accept or conduct an arm reach test if I'm just a few cm away?


#-o

I take that to mean you already know you do not meet the minimum height requirements in which case they will reject you. Sometimes you have to accept the fact you cannot do certain jobs even if you are able to meet all the criteria in every other way. :roll:

User avatar
queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 649
Joined: Wed, 04 May 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby queenie-me » Sun, 03 Feb 2008 12:18 pm

astarlesha wrote:Hi! Just want to know if SilkAir is strict over the height issue..will they accept or conduct an arm reach test if I'm just a few cm away?


No such thing as tip-toe or arm reach test in Silkair. Might wanna go and try Qatar, Emirates, Etihad or SQ if you still thinks you can make it for the height issues. ;)

User avatar
mikoliicia
Regular
Regular
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun, 20 Jan 2008
Location: SINGAPORE

Postby mikoliicia » Tue, 05 Feb 2008 6:03 pm

singaporegrrl wrote:
mikoliicia wrote:hi singaporegrrl , i have got somthing to asked you , i have gone through till management round but wasnt choosen . is there like a minimum months i cant try again . a ban or something . thanks :)


I remembered when I went for the interview last 2 years, the interviewers remebered these 2 girls who were eliminated from the previous interview intake. They still let them go through the interview anyway.



oh ok thanks =)
❤ :: misses ::


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: weixian0705 and 0 guests