Singapore Expats

SILKAIR RECRUITMENT on 19th & 31st JAN

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
shellen
Regular
Regular

Silkair

Post by shellen » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 12:55 am

1st round: Group interview where you will be required to give a brief introduction about yourself - Elimination

2nd round: 1 on 1 interview with the HR Manager where she will want to know more about you and your current job etc etc - Elimination

3rdround : Water confidence - You would have to jump off a mock plane (Elevated - not really very high, just don't look down)and you have to swim towards the other end of the pool backstroke style.

4th Round: Uniform fitting. Do remember to bring along a pair of heels as your posture will look so much better and smile at all times.

Final round - Management interview with a panel of interviewers followed by tea party. Please do read up on the company history if possible. Wuestions will be most likely related to your introduction. So don't say you like aeroplanes if you know nothing about it.

Succesfull candidates will be notified by email afterwhich they will be required to attend a medical assesment.

kiri87

Post by kiri87 » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 8:42 am

queenie-me wrote:
kiri87 wrote:wct = water confidence test
what do you think? will there or won't?

for what i understand, there's no more wct for sia interview. so i aint sure if there's anymore for silkair

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Post by queenie-me » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 9:43 am

kiri87 wrote:
queenie-me wrote:
kiri87 wrote:wct = water confidence test
what do you think? will there or won't?

for what i understand, there's no more wct for sia interview. so i aint sure if there's anymore for silkair
I can't gurantee 100%.
Best thing is go for the interview and check it out yourself.

babyger_char

Post by babyger_char » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 11:10 am

hii .. anyone goin on 19th ? care to go down tog ?

jasminn

Post by jasminn » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 2:32 pm

Hello peeps, im new here :) any idea how to dress on that day? must it be very formal?

silverprius

Post by silverprius » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 2:46 pm

ah xue wrote:
silverprius wrote:Hi, I'm new here. It's great to know this forum. Firstly, my name is Agung and I'm a university student currently. Regarding SilkAir recruitment, since it's not mentioned anywhere in the thread, could some kind souls tell me whether for any positions other than cabin crew, the recruitment is a walk-in process as well on the 31st Jan? Thanks.
Hi, I tink u can try the below web:
http://singaporeair.recruitmax.com/main ... 72b4d18544
Thanks for the reply. It looks like now I have to send a physical hardcopy as well to them other than applying online I think. I've applied electonically and have yet to hear from them. To all of you who are going for the cabin crews recruitment, best of luck for your interview.

Agung

bluexob
Chatter
Chatter

Post by bluexob » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 11:34 pm

Hey Queenie....

U sure there isnt any wct for SIA??wah if like tat i wanna try SIA first end of this month as i have no commitment yet....and hopefully silkair too will be exempted too for this round...haha and save some girls from having sleepless nights ....but still,i guess they will have body skin check during kebaya round rite???anyway good luck girls!!!

Des
Regular
Regular

Real life

Post by Des » Wed, 09 Jan 2008 2:35 am

Can someone from silkair tell me what is life really is after joining MI(silkair) :wink:

adluvalex
Regular
Regular

Post by adluvalex » Thu, 10 Jan 2008 10:20 am

will they mind if i cant swim?? are their standards higher than other airlines excluding SIA? i'm so curious.. thanx :-|

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Post by queenie-me » Thu, 10 Jan 2008 11:34 am

bluexob wrote:Hey Queenie....

U sure there isnt any wct for SIA??wah if like tat i wanna try SIA first end of this month as i have no commitment yet....and hopefully silkair too will be exempted too for this round...haha and save some girls from having sleepless nights ....but still,i guess they will have body skin check during kebaya round rite???anyway good luck girls!!!
Goodness.. Didn't I've said I couldn't promise 100%.
Even if they don't conduct it during interview, THEY WILL STILL CONDUCT IT DURING TRAINING. So, YOU CAN'T GET AWAY WITH IT IN THE END. What's the hassle? Just jump and swim. I did that many times, So far I NEVER seen anyone drown.
The reason why for this WCT is because they wanna see whether you have the confident or not to jump from the aircraft before it sinks. In case of emergency and you don't dare to jump and swim.

Skin check?? They will conduct it anyways. No one can escape from that.

Why worry so much? For me, just go for the interview for the experience. Even if you don't get it don't be dishearted. There are many airlines.... Like Emirates, Ethihad, Qatar, British Airways, United Airlines etc.

Even if you worry and have sleepless nights, what can you get from there? One word: NOTHING.

If I were you, I will go for all airlines when they have the opening.

Just want to tell everyone here: DO NOT FEAR OF ANYTHING. Skin checks? Swimming? Management Round?? Kick that all away from your brains. GO FOR THE INTERVIEW AND DO YOUR BEST.
Remember: To always smile and be confident.

sujoiedevivre

Re: SORRY

Post by sujoiedevivre » Thu, 10 Jan 2008 12:56 pm

Olooo Every1!! I’ll be going again this time...and hope all of us could make it thru'... To those who had been for the intvw last time and didn't get thru'...please dnt give up..just give a shot!! Who knows your luck aite!! so lets begin our journey...hahaha... :shock:

Although I didn't get the chance for the next round intvw...i'll still strive for it...till one of the day... i'll say NOPE!! and will stop trying...hhahaha...
:cool: :twisted:
bluexob wrote:hahaha okok...no problemzz.....its onli few more weeks....making me more nervous as the days drawns nearer.....so anybody going???
Dream Whatever you desire to dream...Go Wherever you wish..Seek whatever you desire...Because life is unique by how you shape it :)

sujoiedevivre

Post by sujoiedevivre » Thu, 10 Jan 2008 1:03 pm

Yeah babe! you are aite...Wish you all the BEST...and keep on smiles :)

queenie-me wrote:
bluexob wrote:Hey Queenie....

Goodness.. Didn't I've said I couldn't promise 100%.
Even if they don't conduct it during interview, THEY WILL STILL CONDUCT IT DURING TRAINING. So, YOU CAN'T GET AWAY WITH IT IN THE END. What's the hassle? Just jump and swim. I did that many times, So far I NEVER seen anyone drown.
The reason why for this WCT is because they wanna see whether you have the confident or not to jump from the aircraft before it sinks. In case of emergency and you don't dare to jump and swim.

Skin check?? They will conduct it anyways. No one can escape from that.

Why worry so much? For me, just go for the interview for the experience. Even if you don't get it don't be dishearted. There are many airlines.... Like Emirates, Ethihad, Qatar, British Airways, United Airlines etc.

Even if you worry and have sleepless nights, what can you get from there? One word: NOTHING.

If I were you, I will go for all airlines when they have the opening.

Just want to tell everyone here: DO NOT FEAR OF ANYTHING. Skin checks? Swimming? Management Round?? Kick that all away from your brains. GO FOR THE INTERVIEW AND DO YOUR BEST.
Remember: To always smile and be confident.
Dream Whatever you desire to dream...Go Wherever you wish..Seek whatever you desire...Because life is unique by how you shape it :)

mngedo

Post by mngedo » Thu, 10 Jan 2008 2:45 pm

I've tried silkair many times and i was always out at the 1-1 interview. I really wonder why. I try to be different everytime.

nevertheless, i will try again this time!

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Post by queenie-me » Thu, 10 Jan 2008 2:51 pm

mngedo wrote:I've tried silkair many times and i was always out at the 1-1 interview. I really wonder why. I try to be different everytime.

nevertheless, i will try again this time!
Why not? Don't be dishearted... TRY AND TRY. No point giving up. ;)
Good luck babe.

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Re: SORRY

Post by queenie-me » Thu, 10 Jan 2008 2:52 pm

sujoiedevivre wrote:Olooo Every1!! I’ll be going again this time...and hope all of us could make it thru'... To those who had been for the intvw last time and didn't get thru'...please dnt give up..just give a shot!! Who knows your luck aite!! so lets begin our journey...hahaha... :shock:

Although I didn't get the chance for the next round intvw...i'll still strive for it...till one of the day... i'll say NOPE!! and will stop trying...hhahaha...
:cool: :twisted:
bluexob wrote:hahaha okok...no problemzz.....its onli few more weeks....making me more nervous as the days drawns nearer.....so anybody going???
Don't only try silkair. Try others too babe. Make it like a starting point.
KEEP UP THE SMILES. :)