Singapore Expats Forum

Office/Formal Wear!

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Where is the best place to get them?

Sense
No votes
Bysi
No votes
Bega
No votes
Dorothy Perkins
No votes
This Fashion
No votes
G2000
100%
Osmose
No votes
Pepper Plus
No votes
Iora
No votes
Double Index
No votes

Total votes: 6

glacial

Office/Formal Wear!

Postby glacial » Wed, 02 Jan 2008 7:00 pm

Hi peeps, I'm gonna start my job next week and I need to shop for clothes. Need not be those very very formal ones. I just need some advice here. I know I shldn't start a new thread but I couldn't add a poll to the similar post.
Also, there wasn't any poll done on office wear. =P

I just want to know in terms of price, style, quality etc. which brand is better?

TIA! :D

joop
Site Admin
Site Admin

Work wear

Postby joop » Wed, 02 Jan 2008 11:08 pm

G2000 has the most basic work attire for both mens and ladies. Nothing fanciful though, entirely 'office style'.

Iora is not too bad either.
Singapore Expats

Home | Classifieds | Condo | Forum | Property

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Wed, 02 Jan 2008 11:33 pm

I use G2000 myself. I know I can walk in there anytime and find 3 or 4 work outfits that I like at a reasonable price. Their stuff is also very easy to mix and match. With other brands it's more of a gamble and I wouldn't even bother unless I have lots of time to browse on the slim chance that I can find something decent.

glacial

Postby glacial » Thu, 03 Jan 2008 2:13 am

G2000 is good when they have sale!!! :D

phil30k
Regular
Regular

Postby phil30k » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 3:34 pm

G2000 tends to stock sizes for the smaller built asian men.

The clothing tends towards "trendy" looking styles/cuts.

Not the place for a big boned conservative guy like myself.

EADG
Reporter
Reporter

Postby EADG » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 5:29 pm

interesting topic, since coming to Singapore I've seen some very surprising clothing choices for office workers in my building, either way too casual like jeans or sandals, or women wearing black dresses as if they were going to Zouk or a party - completely no sense or taste

where I come from it's Brooks Bothers Monday-Thursday and Banana Republic on Friday, the latter resulted in an unfortunate plethora of boring and dorky khaki wear

normal formal work wear is pretty easy for anyone with taste, but ever since companies started casual Fridays which for many companies extended to casual everyday, it's all over the map now

I agree with one of the early posters, some of the formal shops have those fitted shirts that look good after work or on the weekends, but seem out of place in the office - the effect it gives to me is these people either can't afford clothes for both occasions, or, just don't know how to dress

I'd happily go back to suits and ties

glacial

Postby glacial » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 7:15 pm

haha perhaps they wanan party after work but too lazy to get home and get changed?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 10:09 pm

glacial wrote:haha perhaps they wanan party after work but too lazy to get home and get changed?

Them's the same one's heading for town a 6:30 pm on the MRT and insisting on hanging onto the hanging straps and airing out their pits. :-& Which goes to show that the old story doesn't hold water. You know the one - "A fox smells it own hole first!" You would think that they have absolutely zero sense of smell. I really think there is a lot of truth to that because most girls put on enough perfume to stink up 12 girls. That why the cosmetic people love Singaporeans. Gives an Asian twist to smelling like a "French Whore". Especially when you see young girls with cigarettes hanging out of their mouths.

drusilla
Regular
Regular

Postby drusilla » Sat, 05 Jan 2008 12:58 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Especially when you see young girls with cigarettes hanging out of their mouths.

young girls, old girls, any girls!! and anybody too for that matter... makes me dizzy sometimes :???:

sundaymorningstaple wrote:most girls put on enough perfume to stink up 12 girls...

:lol: so entering a train is like going to the perfume department... :???: :???:

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 05 Jan 2008 1:12 pm

In the mornings it's like the ground floor in CK Tangs! :)

In the evenings, like the loafing shed on a dairy farm! :(

drusilla
Regular
Regular

Postby drusilla » Sat, 05 Jan 2008 1:15 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:In the mornings it's like the ground floor in CK Tangs! :)

In the evenings, like the loafing shed on a dairy farm! :(

:lol: :lol:

al hamdulilah i smell good even at the end of the day!! :P

glacial

Postby glacial » Sun, 06 Jan 2008 9:45 am

ahh. the world is changing!

PerfumeStore

Postby PerfumeStore » Tue, 12 Jan 2010 3:32 pm

so after 2 years of working life, where do u get ur clothes now?