Singapore Expats Forum

SUPERBOWL XLII @ BREWERKS 4th Feb 7am

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
sweiss

Postby sweiss » Wed, 30 Jan 2008 1:23 pm

Yes! We are in at BLooiE's. I'm trying to get confirmation on which location but here is the reply I got:

Hi Shelli,

I have also sent out messages to as many as I think would be interested but regardless we'll be open for the game and ready with breakfast and fire up the beer tap.

I'll be there so will look forward to seeing you all there and catching the game.

Cheers
Sarge

I would suggest emailing Sarge and letting him know you are coming. They told me last year they showed the game at the Science Park outlet on a big screen TV.

jubilee1874

BlooiE's

Postby jubilee1874 » Wed, 30 Jan 2008 4:09 pm

I just emailed Sarge and received the message below. Has someone already made a booking there? If so, how will I find you guys?

"We will be showing the Superbowl live only at the BLooiE's at the Rail Mall outlet at 426 Upper Bukit Timah Road. Doors open at 6.30"

monkton

Postby monkton » Wed, 30 Jan 2008 6:49 pm

I called them up and said they have 3 29" flat screen tvs. Does anybody know what kind of tv they'll be bringing outside at brewerkz? I don't know if a mere 29" tv can handle the glory that will be the Giants' victory.

amandaK

Postby amandaK » Thu, 31 Jan 2008 12:10 am

If I'm right, I believe the manager told me 42", 3 of em.

jamesy
Regular
Regular

Postby jamesy » Thu, 31 Jan 2008 1:06 pm

yes, I have booked a table at brewerkz. Didnt realized there are so many replies. You dont have to pay any thing in advance. Just show up and order something. This will be a record setting superbowl in terms of number of viewers according to fox. =O

Whos going to blooies at upper bukit timah? Its just a 10 min walk from my home!!

sweiss

Re: BlooiE's

Postby sweiss » Thu, 31 Jan 2008 4:39 pm

jubilee1874 wrote:I just emailed Sarge and received the message below. Has someone already made a booking there? If so, how will I find you guys?

"We will be showing the Superbowl live only at the BLooiE's at the Rail Mall outlet at 426 Upper Bukit Timah Road. Doors open at 6.30"

Go ahead and tell him that you want to reserve a seat. I have 10 people coming with me - we are all from Texas so we should be easy to spot. I'm sure someone will be wearing something Texas related. The more the merrier. IMO it's a great place to watch the game, 3 TV's (one on each wall) not a bad seat in the house.

We had reservations outside at Brewerkz but I am going to cancel. What would we do if it rains? And outside a Brewerkz covers a LARGE area...can't imagine that everyone will be able to sit somewhere and see the game. I didn't want to chance it!

monkton

Postby monkton » Thu, 31 Jan 2008 5:35 pm

Hey Jamesy - did you get a table inside?

jamesy
Regular
Regular

Postby jamesy » Thu, 31 Jan 2008 6:14 pm

Yup its inside.

crzynickey

Postby crzynickey » Fri, 01 Feb 2008 6:17 pm

Just moved to Singapore last Tuesday...what's the story with the Super Bowl? Where is everyone officially meeting? Native Bostonian here and I need to see the Patriots win another Super Bowl.

monkton

Postby monkton » Fri, 01 Feb 2008 6:58 pm

crzynickey wrote:Just moved to Singapore last Tuesday...what's the story with the Super Bowl? Where is everyone officially meeting? Native Bostonian here and I need to see the Patriots win another Super Bowl.

Sorry you're going to be disappointed on that last part. As for where everyone's meeting - it seems that some people are going to Blooie's and some are going to Brewerkz. I'm planning on going to Brewerkz.

crzynickey

Postby crzynickey » Fri, 01 Feb 2008 9:24 pm

monkton wrote:
crzynickey wrote:Just moved to Singapore last Tuesday...what's the story with the Super Bowl? Where is everyone officially meeting? Native Bostonian here and I need to see the Patriots win another Super Bowl.

Sorry you're going to be disappointed on that last part. As for where everyone's meeting - it seems that some people are going to Blooie's and some are going to Brewerkz. I'm planning on going to Brewerkz.

Right, is there room at Brewerkz for one additional person? I am currently staying at Trader's while the apartment is sorted, so please let me know.

Cheers,
Nick

jamesy
Regular
Regular

Postby jamesy » Sat, 02 Feb 2008 1:19 pm

Ok, email me if you're going to brewerkz. jameswly@yahoo.com

denverbroncos

superbowl being shown at the balcony on orchard

Postby denverbroncos » Sun, 03 Feb 2008 5:51 pm

The Balcony on orchard is open 24hrs - just called and they will be showing the game.

surf

Postby surf » Mon, 04 Feb 2008 2:06 am

I live in NY but had lived in Boston for a long time, I am rooting for the Patriots! will be there around 8.

TEAL

Postby TEAL » Tue, 20 Jan 2009 4:59 pm

jamesy wrote:Ok, email me if you're going to brewerkz. jameswly@yahoo.com

one more spot in Brewerkz?
i was just getting into football and i had to leave the states @@## =P
i'll drop you an email now...