Singapore Expats Forum

SUPERBOWL XLII @ BREWERKS 4th Feb 7am

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
jamesy
Regular
Regular

SUPERBOWL XLII @ BREWERKS 4th Feb 7am

Postby jamesy » Tue, 01 Jan 2008 5:39 pm

Come with your team colours for the most watched annual sporting event on earth. Door gifts included. I'll book a table.

monkton

Postby monkton » Tue, 22 Jan 2008 10:23 am

I grew up 15 minutes from Giants Stadium - I'm frikking IN!

jamesy
Regular
Regular

Postby jamesy » Tue, 22 Jan 2008 2:05 pm

I lived in New England for 7 years. Should be an interesting game. Be there by 7.30am for kickoff. We have 4 so far... anymore takers?

monkton

Postby monkton » Tue, 22 Jan 2008 2:13 pm

I lived in Vermont for 5 years - UVM - but I stayed loyal to the Giants. Yeah - it could potentially be a great game

lawrence.ng

Postby lawrence.ng » Tue, 22 Jan 2008 10:59 pm

Darn you guys ain't heading for work??

monkton

Postby monkton » Wed, 23 Jan 2008 8:40 am

I just arrived in Singapore last week and am still seeking gainful employment. I guess that's one of the few pluses to being unemployed - my schedule on Super Bowl Monday is wiiiide open!

jamesy
Regular
Regular

Postby jamesy » Wed, 23 Jan 2008 11:56 am

I'm taking leave. =)

Kick off is @ 7.18am. (no kidding, I double checked)

remersonh

Postby remersonh » Fri, 25 Jan 2008 5:09 pm

Hi all

I'm looking for a place to watch the game too.

What is involved in the 'door prizes' and 'I'll reserve a table'? Do we pony up cash in advance or pay as you go?

jeanette

Lookin for American F'ballers for Straits Times story

Postby jeanette » Fri, 25 Jan 2008 7:11 pm

Hi guys,

Jeanette here, a sports journalist with The Straits Times. I chanced upon this forum while googling "SuperBowl" and "american football in Singapore". I'm working on a feature story on American Football in the lead up to the SuperBowl for next week's Sunday Times, and was wondering if you guys were game to get featured.

Singaporeans don't really know much about American Football, so I hope you guys can help introduce the game to Singaporeans, and tell me how you keep the game alive here while miles away from home.

Also, if anyone is throwing a SuperBowl party we'd love to feature it. I need to get quotes from Patriots and Giants fans and their opinions on the teams, players and match.

I've gotta get this story done by next Wednesday (Jan 30), so if you're game, drop me an email at jwang[at]sph[dot]com[dot]sg.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from some of you!

Warm Regards,
Jeanette Wang

sweiss

Postby sweiss » Sat, 26 Jan 2008 10:52 am

Well, my coworkers and friends originally contacted Brewerkz sometime back about watching the Superbowl there and were told it wasn't going to be televised. So we were searching for all kinds of ways to get to see it here. Then just the other day we found out it was going to be televised after all. When I called Brewerkz they were alreay full inside but could seat us outside by a TV. So now I am searching for a new location. Anyone have any ideas? Otherwise I will be hosting a Superbowl party at our place I guess.

monkton

Postby monkton » Sat, 26 Jan 2008 12:45 pm

Dang - I hadn't even thought of that potentially happening. Jamesy - did you make the reservation yet? would there be room for me to bring another, if so?

amandaK

Postby amandaK » Sat, 26 Jan 2008 11:58 pm

I'd really love to go. But could someone reconfirm the details?

jubilee1874

Postby jubilee1874 » Mon, 28 Jan 2008 11:00 pm

monkton wrote:Dang - I hadn't even thought of that potentially happening. Jamesy - did you make the reservation yet? would there be room for me to bring another, if so?

I'm an exchange student from Boston and just came across this forum. Any chance there's space for a few more? Thanks.

sweiss

Additional Location to watch the Superbowl in Singapore

Postby sweiss » Wed, 30 Jan 2008 8:13 am

If you've called Brewerkz and couldn't get a table and don't have a membership to the American Club - please join us at BLooiE's Roadhouse. I have contacted Sarge@blooies.com and if we can get enough people interested he'll open up!!! I haven't gotten confirmation yet on which location, but heck this is a SMALL island so any of their locations should be fine. I have 10 people interested from just co-workers and friends. So, please email him and let him know you are interested!!!

monkton

Postby monkton » Wed, 30 Jan 2008 9:05 am

looking at the photos of both the bar & grill and the restaurant & pub I didn't see any big tvs