Singapore Expats Forum

New year's eve fireworks

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

ozchick
Editor
Editor

New year's eve fireworks

Postby ozchick » Sun, 30 Dec 2007 11:23 am

Where can one go to see the big shebang without having to stand all night?
Or is something I should just forget about ? I imagine Singa's New Year's eve display would be reasonably worthwhile yeah? Ooh I just LURVE fireworks ! All the pretty colours, all the amazing patterns...ooh...ah.....
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 30 Dec 2007 3:20 pm

Your couch would be the best place. Unless you had the foresight to rent a harbour-facing hotel room at 600 ~ 1000 bucks for the night. All that is left is the teeming throngs of locals with the assorted pickpockets, et.al all around the harbour with standing room only or worse. I've generally opted to watch it from the comfort and relatively safety of the couch. The view is pretty good from there at the local stations obviously have the best vantage points.

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Mon, 31 Dec 2007 8:15 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Your couch would be the best place. Unles

Oh farmboy- your glass isn't exactly half-full right now is it ?! Have you NO good news on this at all ?
I'd happily watch a tennis tournament , concert or olypic event on TV- BUT fireworks- no no It's just not the same ! I'm DOING this...and I'll probably be sorry and I'll report back after the whole sorry business ! :wink:
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 31 Dec 2007 9:46 am

Ozbroiler,

You asked I gave the facts. :wink: Having said that however, I would agree that everybody should go at least once and not take any naysayers word. You know me - I don't sugar coat anything. :wink:

Anyway, have a blast this evening. Who knows, I may even see your face among the sweaty masses on TV! And....... Just think, at least with the Taxi fares going up you might not have to wait 3 hours to get one back to the far reaches of Bukit Batok! :P

Have a Happy New Year!

:cool: