Singapore Expats Forum

Brandy- where to buy small amount ?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Brandy- where to buy small amount ?

Postby ozchick » Sun, 23 Dec 2007 4:13 pm

OK found the glace fruit (well as close to glace as I can get). Now the search is on for a small bottle of brandy. I only need 2 tablespoons of this. Don't want to buy a bigger bottle of something I never use. Tried 3 Cold Storages, a Fair-Price. Tierney's at Serini and a 7-11....no go so far..anyone seen those 'little' bottles anywhere ?
Hope you're all enjoying your Christmas Shopping ! Going into Orchard tonight for the 'happy' snaps ! That should be F-U-N ! Hey, join me if you're bored...we could curse and swear our way throught the merry throngs together ! Waiting for replies now..... :D
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Sun, 23 Dec 2007 5:35 pm

Gosh, Ozchick. The trials and tribulations in your life.... glace, brandy, what next? :P

Maybe try a friendly neighbour? Just bring a small cup over and smile your way into their bottles...

seasider
Chatter
Chatter

Postby seasider » Sun, 23 Dec 2007 6:16 pm

Oh Ozchick, you should have said when you came to my party - I have about 4 big bottles of the stuff and don't even drink it. You can come and get some if it's worth the taxi fare - you have my number, I'm in this evening (Sun).

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Sun, 23 Dec 2007 6:28 pm

Well....Breezy One ....fancy meeting you on here ! I reckon you must be bored AND you could be in Orchard Rd with me this evening at Coffee Bean, showing me the sights and taking lovely little Christmas pics ...no? Come on, someone ? It's Christmas Eve eve...What have I got to do ? My ususal buddies are cooking and grogging on...what's that line from
"You've Got Mail "......'Shall we meet??"
Perhaps I could shout a free mudslide to the first 3 takers ! Yeah..that should do it ! Waiting......leaving here at 7.30 all alone .........hey if you live my way (Hillview I'll pick you up in the cab on the way....)
Pm me if you like.
(Goes to google 'Rent A Crowd Sg')
'

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Sun, 23 Dec 2007 6:35 pm

seasider wrote:Oh Ozchick, you should have said when you came to my party - I have about 4 big bottles of the stuff and don't even drink it. You can come and get some if it's worth the taxi fare - you have my number, I'm in this evening (Sun).

Hey there gorgeous ! Nah it's too far ...but THANKS LOTS ! Yeah if I'd been organised earlier....ah well...no use crying over spilt brandy :wink:
Anyway, if you're bored get back to me cos I'm going to the mad place where I'll probably find the entire population of Singapore ! He he... :D
I may find the brandy there somewhere..maybe in the uper at the bottom of Tanglin Mall ...anyway...I'll do a search and if I get desperate I'll get the big bottle...got friends who know what to do with such yucky stuff !

bigfilsing
Reporter
Reporter

Postby bigfilsing » Sun, 23 Dec 2007 8:21 pm

mmmmh brandy??? A BAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take a clean container and buy a shot of brandy doh :shock:

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Sun, 23 Dec 2007 10:45 pm

ozchick wrote:Well....Breezy One ....fancy meeting you on here ! I reckon you must be bored AND you could be in Orchard Rd with me this evening at Coffee Bean, showing me the sights and taking lovely little Christmas pics ...no? Come on, someone ? It's Christmas Eve eve...What have I got to do ? My ususal buddies are cooking and grogging on...what's that line from
"You've Got Mail "......'Shall we meet??"
Perhaps I could shout a free mudslide to the first 3 takers ! Yeah..that should do it ! Waiting......leaving here at 7.30 all alone .........hey if you live my way (Hillview I'll pick you up in the cab on the way....)
Pm me if you like.
(Goes to google 'Rent A Crowd Sg')
'

Just saw this or I would have taken you up on the offer, except for the Coffee Bean part. I was in the mood for pubbing tonight but all my friends have grown OLD and didn't want to go with me. Can you believe it?

We could have painted the town red, had a few drinks, snitched some brandy when the bartender wasn't looking, picked up a few men... Oh woe is us, what a lost opportunity!

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Sun, 23 Dec 2007 11:48 pm

bigfilsing wrote:mmmmh brandy??? A BAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take a clean container and buy a shot of brandy doh :shock:

Oh yeah ! Why didn't I think of that ?! If I didn't know better I'd swear that you are almost as intelligent as moi! Nah..can't be...
Anway...
'Too late', she cried ! My Welsh buddy in condo next to mine had some on hand....yeah...some Pommes are worth knowing..... it's all good ...you can all stop worrying now ! :wink:
Took great photos and had brilliant time in Orchard Rd...albeit in 'fairy-steps'....

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Sun, 23 Dec 2007 11:57 pm

Wind In My Hair wrote:Just saw this or I would have taken you up on the offer, except for the Coffee Bean part. I was in the mood for pubbing tonight but all my friends have grown OLD and didn't want to go with me. Can you believe it?

We could have painted the town red, had a few drinks, snitched some brandy when the bartender wasn't looking, picked up a few men... Oh woe is us, what a lost opportunity!

Yeah well I'm old too but that wouldn't stop me....mm....but painting the town red would have gotten us caned WIMH...and YOU of all people should have known that ! :wink:
As for the 'men', did you mean a few each ? OR ??
GOSH ! :wink:
Must be this silly season bringin' out the best in you ! Hey I'll take a raincheck ! The season's just beginning !

Cubby

Postby Cubby » Mon, 24 Dec 2007 10:33 am

Does anyone have an answer to the original question, where to buy minatures??,have only seen a few minature vodka bottles in 7/11 but not brandy-need a small amount too, to set fire to my pud tommorrow...

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 24 Dec 2007 12:00 pm

Cubby wrote:to set fire to my pud tommorrow...

:shock: OUCH!

Cubby

Postby Cubby » Mon, 24 Dec 2007 7:07 pm

Hey its traditional to create a nice blue bonfire out of the Christmas pudding... before you eat it of course!...or does pud have alternate meaning i need educating on...?? :P

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 24 Dec 2007 9:34 pm

Click on the OUCH!

Cubby

Postby Cubby » Tue, 25 Dec 2007 2:10 am

Ooooooooookaaay education complete!......ditto then- ouch! :o

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Tue, 25 Dec 2007 9:00 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Click on the OUCH!

Dear oh dear sms, I've just clicked on that OUCH......and as a good buddy of ours would say-"GOSH"- it's all a bit below the belt ! :wink:
You're a naughty naughty little boy......I'd be surprised if Santa came to you today ! :)