Singapore Expats Forum

Auld Lang Syne and all that

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 23 Dec 2007 5:16 pm

WIMH Please, please find another 'tar! :o That one reminds me someone who has verbal diarrhea and never manages to say much of anything intelligent at all on the sgexpat board. :roll:

drusilla
Regular
Regular

Postby drusilla » Sun, 23 Dec 2007 5:26 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I finally decided to lose it. Pure and simple.

i guess we all know when it's time... and its never too late... :wink:

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Sun, 23 Dec 2007 5:32 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:WIMH Please, please find another 'tar!

So hard to please everybody. How's this?

Don't know who you're referring to on the other board, but that was my bird, the parrot that I was guilty guilty about because of a recent thread here. So that avatar was in his memory.

drusilla
Regular
Regular

Postby drusilla » Sun, 23 Dec 2007 5:40 pm

Wind In My Hair wrote:So hard to please everybody. How's this?

Don't know who you're referring to on the other board, but that was my bird, the parrot that I was guilty guilty about because of a recent thread here. So that avatar was in his memory.

hmm.. can i comment? i will anyway... :P

sorta doesn't go with the image u portray, gal.. :wink:

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Sun, 23 Dec 2007 5:51 pm

drusilla wrote:hmm.. can i comment? i will anyway... :P

sorta doesn't go with the image u portray, gal.. :wink:

Which doesn't go... the bird or the dancer? Anyway I think I'll change my image for the new year... in real life too. I decided to dress more fashionably, be more hip etc. So the dancing girl will be my new image!

Hey why don't all of you change avatar too, to something new that you want to become next year? That should be fun. SMS' new avatar will be a schwazenegger look-alike, of course!

drusilla
Regular
Regular

Postby drusilla » Sun, 23 Dec 2007 6:16 pm

Wind In My Hair wrote:Which doesn't go... the bird or the dancer?

dancer....

Wind In My Hair wrote:Anyway I think I'll change my image for the new year... in real life too. I decided to dress more fashionably, be more hip etc. So the dancing girl will be my new image!

if thats the case, then i suppose its ok... :wink:

Wind In My Hair wrote:Hey why don't all of you change avatar too, to something new that you want to become next year? That should be fun. SMS' new avatar will be a schwazenegger look-alike, of course!

hmm... i still wanna be myself... :P :cool:

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 23 Dec 2007 6:27 pm

Wind In My Hair wrote: SMS' new avatar will be a schwazenegger look-alike, of course!

I'll pass on that one. Look at him recently in the French Caribbean! :o

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 23 Dec 2007 6:30 pm

Wind In My Hair wrote:Don't know who you're referring to on the other board, but that was my bird, the parrot that I was guilty guilty about because of a recent thread here. So that avatar was in his memory.

Fair enough then, use the parrot. Didn't realize it was really part of you. Just brought her to mind that's all. :-#
Last edited by sundaymorningstaple on Mon, 24 Dec 2007 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Sun, 23 Dec 2007 10:54 pm

Yikes, is that pic for real? Just goes to show what politics does to a person. :lol:

She is not unintelligent. I did wonder if you meant her since no one else is associated with birds but thought you might have meant a troll. You men! [-X Just because a gal likes to talk doesn't make her dumb. If it does, I'm quite a bimbo and Ozchick (ah there's verbal diarrhoea for you) must be Little Miss Ditzy! :P

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 24 Dec 2007 12:28 am

You two couldn't be further apart! I don't think you have ever had a blond moment while I think she must have been born blond.

Whew! Just finished putting up the tree. My back is killing me. It was clean the whole house day for all of us and between cleaning fans and cleaning baseboards not counting the walls between the two, and then finally the floors, I am wrecked. And then the wife says can we put up the tree tonight? :( Anyway, it's done, I'm done and now to find something to reward myself with. (After Jan 1, rewards will be in short supply! Provided I can get up outta the chair!

drusilla
Regular
Regular

Postby drusilla » Mon, 24 Dec 2007 12:53 pm

on second thoughts...

one more resolution would be to be a better person with more patience and understanding, something which i had in mind and in fact started practising but tend to forget very easily... :roll:

so i think this would the priority...

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Mon, 24 Dec 2007 5:48 pm

Drusilla, that's a good resolution. I was toying with something similar - to let only kind words cross my lips. I'm hesitating because I know how difficult that will be, plus it may take so much fun out of joking and gossiping. But I suppose being a good person is more important than having fun...

Okay, how about we buddy up on this? At least on this board, we can remind each other if we're not living up to our newfound saintliness. O:)

drusilla
Regular
Regular

Postby drusilla » Mon, 24 Dec 2007 6:28 pm

Wind In My Hair wrote:Drusilla, that's a good resolution. I was toying with something similar - to let only kind words cross my lips. I'm hesitating because I know how difficult that will be, plus it may take so much fun out of joking and gossiping. But I suppose being a good person is more important than having fun...

Okay, how about we buddy up on this? At least on this board, we can remind each other if we're not living up to our newfound saintliness. O:)

hey watcha doin' here WIMH?? isn't it x'mas eve today?? and its like 6pm now?? u should be getting ready for party... !!

i want to be a better person but i s'pose harmless gossip (is there such a thing in the first place???) and some friendly banter/ tease/ jokes/ sarcasm would be permissible??

actually the idea crossed my mind sometime ago, because the people i work with never seem to learn nor do they want to, i suspect... and most have difficulty comprehending...

and yesterday i snapped at a colleague and remembered i told myself to be more patient... because in my job, i have a cut-off time everyday and these people keep bugging me about 2hours before it because they want to go home early!! its not that i want to make them stay but its really not in my control... :roll:

and most of the times i have the same people calling to ask for the same extension like i was the operator!! its like they don't know how to get a pen and piece of paper to write it down??? after passing some sarcastic remarks, i feel bad about it and thought to myself, "whats so difficult about giving the extension if i know it??"

so i told myself, i want to be more patient and help whenever i can... and when i come home for vacation, instead of idling and shopping all the time, maybe i can do some volunteer work too... 1st stop would be SPCA then maybe old folks' home!!

and its a good idea to buddy up here too... and remind each other... we could also update on what good we'd done that we usually wouldn't ...

but judging from ur posts... (ok i know "thou shalt not judge" / "don't judge a book by its cover" and such.. blah blah blah..) still, hmm... i wouldn't even imagine there is an evil bone in your body... :P :twisted:

sorry for long post,.... i'm at work and bored stiff!! and for awhile, wondered where's everyone and remembered its x'mas eve!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE....

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Tue, 25 Dec 2007 6:25 pm

Drusilla,

No evil bones in my body. Stiff and creaky ones yes!

But I do have a mean streak and you have no idea how much self-restraint I have to practise on this forum when people say mean things about Singaporeans (though it's gotten much better lately and most people are generally making an effort to be polite) and I want to punch back but bite my tongue. Thank goodness for the delete button. No such thing in real life though and that makes it much harder and I step on many toes. Still, worth a try.

Today was the first dry evening in a long while and I finally got in a jog. Just in time too, before I board a flight later tonight. Feels great to get a headstart on my resolution to exercise more in the new year! :D

phil30k
Regular
Regular

Postby phil30k » Fri, 04 Jan 2008 4:13 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Well, 3 years ago I jump started my 2005 resolution 16 days early and quit smoking (successfully to this day I might add).

Another biggie coming up beginning first week of January. I will be losing 25% of my body weight by 30 April. I am going to shed 50 pounds (23 Kg) in 12 to 16 weeks. Time to turn back the clock about 10 years!

Congratulations on stopping.

I've tried a few times.

It's usually other people who tell me to start again because they can't stand me when I'm in withdrawal.

Good luck on the weight loss too.