Singapore Expats

Singa's Christmas Stamps

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
ozchick
Editor
Editor

Singa's Christmas Stamps

Post by ozchick » Mon, 17 Dec 2007 9:25 pm

Look ..ya gotta laugh...Singapore's 50c Christmas stamps show faces of people who look like they're in a verbal confrontation or at some kind of protest march ! It wasn't until I saw the word 'Christmas' below the picture that I realised the artist was trying to portray carol-singers....mm....reckon they're singing "We wish you a scary Christmas ...."
Now WIMH don't go getting all defensive...it's amusing ...that's all....well actually no it's not ! It's hilarious :lol:
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Post by Wind In My Hair » Mon, 17 Dec 2007 9:40 pm

Haven't seen 'em, so you're safe for a while!

Don't worry, I don't defend stupid pictures. I only get upset when my countrymen are criticised as persons. Then again, it's Christmas and it will take a lot to upset me this season!

:D

Matney
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Matney » Tue, 18 Dec 2007 8:52 am

Ozchick, consider yourself lucky. You could live in a place where every stamp has the same picture on it. The only difference is the amount each one cost. It cost me $3.60 to post each of my Christmas letters to the USA & Australia this year, all with the Sultan's picture on every *&%? stamp. That was 3 stamps per letter!! Not next year. I'll pay someone to post them for me!
I'm done ranting....feel better already.

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Post by ozchick » Tue, 18 Dec 2007 6:01 pm

You could try drawing your 'additions'on the stamps- e.g. little horns coming out of the sultan's head - that'd make you feel better...mm..well until they chop off the hand that drew the pictures...yeah I reckon that could hurt a bit... :-|
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'