Singapore Expats Forum

Tiger Airways

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
User avatar
queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 649
Joined: Wed, 04 May 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby queenie-me » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 3:43 pm

babyger_char wrote:hii queenie .. will u be goin .. ? for tiger's interview ..

don't think queenie will be going.. queenie have plans.. hahaha

Des
Regular
Regular
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue, 08 Jan 2008
Location: Singapore

Same agency

Postby Des » Wed, 09 Jan 2008 2:29 am

Well it's true, they are under the same agency... :)

downtown
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 212
Joined: Sat, 11 Aug 2007

Re: It's recruiting

Postby downtown » Wed, 09 Jan 2008 2:18 pm

queenie-me wrote:
Des wrote:Guys and gerls, just be well prepared, Its recruiting feb 2008


If you read the papers today..
THEY ARE RECRUITIN THIS COMING SUNDAY, 13TH JANUARY 2008.
FURAMA RIVERFRONT HOTEL,
MARS ROOM, LEVEL 5
405, HAVELOCK ROAD,
SINGAPORE 169633

TIME: 9.30PM - 4.00PM

BRING ALONG:
COPIES OF EDUCATIONAL CERTIFICATES, 1 PASSPORT SIZE AND FULL LENGTH PHOTOGRAPH


what are the requirements for tiger including age and education?

User avatar
queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 649
Joined: Wed, 04 May 2005
Location: Singapore

Re: It's recruiting

Postby queenie-me » Wed, 09 Jan 2008 2:47 pm

downtown wrote:
queenie-me wrote:
Des wrote:Guys and gerls, just be well prepared, Its recruiting feb 2008


If you read the papers today..
THEY ARE RECRUITIN THIS COMING SUNDAY, 13TH JANUARY 2008.
FURAMA RIVERFRONT HOTEL,
MARS ROOM, LEVEL 5
405, HAVELOCK ROAD,
SINGAPORE 169633

TIME: 9.30PM - 4.00PM

BRING ALONG:
COPIES OF EDUCATIONAL CERTIFICATES, 1 PASSPORT SIZE AND FULL LENGTH PHOTOGRAPH


what are the requirements for tiger including age and education?


No age.. min 'N' level

ru
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat, 12 Jan 2008

Postby ru » Sat, 12 Jan 2008 1:02 am

Is this the interview for tiger airway? i mean on the 13th Jan 2008..
Is it very easy to get in? and cuz my eng not very fluet oso haha :cry:
im nw workin as a BA bud i wanna to try out tiger airway cuz i hear tt they can come hm evryday n alternate workin days too.. n i tik their basic is abt $1500-$1700.. was all dis true too?

dream_catcher
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun, 13 Jan 2008

Postby dream_catcher » Sun, 13 Jan 2008 4:46 pm

hey ppl, what is this Tiger Airways? where will it be allocated and is this good?

User avatar
ryanstarr
Regular
Regular
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue, 24 Jan 2006
Location: Frankel Avenue

Postby ryanstarr » Fri, 18 Jan 2008 6:55 pm

sweetheroin wrote:for gods sake, dont!! tiger is not directly hiring, theyre hiring under a certain agency that totally plays around with the salary offer, but in the end the pay is like crap. basic pay is integrated into sector allowance. meaning: if you don't fly, you don't get paid.

and tiger's welfare is crap too. you don't get any allowance for like cab fare or anything. not much reimbursements, if you take mc, it cant be from private unless during weekend/public holiday, and capped at a certain amount.

basically the crew are all pretty ok, there are its usual politics but as long as you do your work and are humble, you'll fit in fine. but i guess that all companies are like that mostly, and you can get a better pay elsewhere. please, don't join tiger and regret like hell, like i did. now i'm trying to get out.


Hi there...please think hard about this...not worth paying back 12K...hang in there. I have done almost a year already...some of the CICs nice, right?
Aspire to inspire before you expire.

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4292
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Fri, 18 Jan 2008 8:24 pm

sweetheroin wrote:
and tiger's welfare is crap too. you don't get any allowance for like cab fare or anything. not much reimbursements, if you take mc, it cant be from private unless during weekend/public holiday, and capped at a certain amount.



What do you want, jam on it? :roll:

User avatar
ryanstarr
Regular
Regular
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue, 24 Jan 2006
Location: Frankel Avenue

Postby ryanstarr » Sat, 19 Jan 2008 10:29 am

dream_catcher wrote:hey ppl, what is this Tiger Airways? where will it be allocated and is this good?


Tiger Airways(TR) is Singapore's Budget Airline, based at Changi Airport's Budget Terminal. We have about 140 Cabin crew members, of which I am one. Cheers...
Aspire to inspire before you expire.

sweetheroin
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed, 26 Dec 2007

Postby sweetheroin » Mon, 21 Jan 2008 10:14 pm

true that cic's are nice... crew are great too. honestly i feel happy flying with many crew. but happy is not going to bring me back my rice bowl. SASS is going back on many things that they stated in the contract... we tried to bring to MOM but SASS caught one of the crew trying to sue them. i suppose for many of those who have gone thru hell tryin to find 12k, it isnt worth it to quit. for those who can afford taking ssome time to pay back the bond... i say its better to leave ASAP. we can earn much much more and cover up for the losses with another company.

User avatar
ryanstarr
Regular
Regular
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue, 24 Jan 2006
Location: Frankel Avenue

Postby ryanstarr » Tue, 22 Jan 2008 1:55 pm

sweetheroin wrote:true that cic's are nice... crew are great too. honestly i feel happy flying with many crew. but happy is not going to bring me back my rice bowl. SASS is going back on many things that they stated in the contract... we tried to bring to MOM but SASS caught one of the crew trying to sue them. i suppose for many of those who have gone thru hell tryin to find 12k, it isnt worth it to quit. for those who can afford taking ssome time to pay back the bond... i say its better to leave ASAP. we can earn much much more and cover up for the losses with another company.


Hi there...thanks for sharing your thoughts. Do what is within your control...to make life more bearable for yourself. You know, the happiest times I have had with TR, apart from the precious few off days, so care free though not with much $ in hand, is going on staff travel with my fellow crew...many, many places to go. Do seek out your batch-mates or even the seniors. These are the days our lives...enjoy each day. We never know if it will be our last...
Aspire to inspire before you expire.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests