Singapore Expats Forum

Singapore Humidity - Cry to help!!

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Mon, 17 Dec 2007 7:43 pm

sprite wrote:I'll take the compliment, even though it was Super Star you quoted. 8-)

Oh yeah ! Must be the grog in all these fruit-mince tarts I've been eating ! :wink:
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

Super_Star
Regular
Regular

Postby Super_Star » Tue, 18 Dec 2007 12:49 am

Well well well... happy that others receive compliments, even if it's at my expense 8-)

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Tue, 18 Dec 2007 8:46 am

Super_Star wrote:Well well well... happy that others receive compliments, even if it's at my expense 8-)

:lol: LOL - Oh yeah SS ! How dreadfully remiss of me ! I hereby acknowledge your superior intelligence ! You guys....
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

cocobernese

get rid of the mould

Postby cocobernese » Wed, 19 Dec 2007 12:02 am

What I have been doing is to layout all the leather and wool goods under the sun when it is not raining. Use a brush to dust off the hairy stuff first, then expose the damanged part under the ray and heat come through your window.

It works well on my Armani suits brought from NYC.

Super_Star
Regular
Regular

Postby Super_Star » Wed, 19 Dec 2007 12:13 am

ozchick wrote:
Super_Star wrote:Well well well... happy that others receive compliments, even if it's at my expense 8-)

:lol: LOL - Oh yeah SS ! How dreadfully remiss of me ! I hereby acknowledge your superior intelligence ! You guys....

ozchick, awww... nah.... you're too kind... *blush*

Super_Star
Regular
Regular

Re: get rid of the mould

Postby Super_Star » Wed, 19 Dec 2007 12:17 am

cocobernese wrote:What I have been doing is to layout all the leather and wool goods under the sun when it is not raining. Use a brush to dust off the hairy stuff first, then expose the damanged part under the ray and heat come through your window.

It works well on my Armani suits brought from NYC.

I have done this before too. And it works. Problem nowadays is, there is hardly any sun. That is, IF we are at home, to begin with. And yes... sigh... today I chose to use a bag that I have not used in about a month, and guess what... Yes, you're right. There are white patches of mould on the inside of it! Uggghhhhhh!

I can't wait for sunny days again :roll:

cherrygeng

Postby cherrygeng » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 10:58 am

Gee... Thanks guys!

Yes, i have brought some of my winter clothes here, so I can have something to wear when I travel to Europe! :-)

I was in Malaysia for one week, and coming back to Singapore to find even some of my SUMMER leather shoes have a layer of lovely green sheen covered... It is quite gross...

But Thank you for all the advices, and I will try different ways...

EADG
Reporter
Reporter

Postby EADG » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 7:12 pm

when I saw the title I thought it was to offer advice...

but since it's started a useful thread, I'll second the vacuum bag method, seems to have worked for a trip I'm on at the moment where I'm wearing my cold weather clothes for the first time since this time last year

a question I have as I also have returned home to the green slime is, is it better to leave the windows open a crack while away for more than a week?

one piece of advice I was given was to leave the room and closet doors open

time

Postby time » Thu, 27 Dec 2007 9:55 pm

It certainly helps to leave them open as that introduces air circulation and lessens the chances of humidity sticking around

Splatted
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Splatted » Fri, 28 Dec 2007 8:18 pm

It'd be interesting to find out if antifungal washing powders exist out there that would prevent clothes getting mouldy (eg Canesten washing powder/liquid?)

Perhaps someone entrepreneurial here might see an opportunity in inventing such a product if it doesn't already exist....

08weixiang12

Postby 08weixiang12 » Fri, 28 Dec 2007 10:10 pm

you can try by getting ur winter clothes realli dry?or send them to the laundry?
coz my family every holidays travel to realli realli cold country.so we had quite a lot of winter clothes..but our winter clothes nev get mouldy b4^^.aft u get back from the laundry try putting them in plastic bags b4 keeping into the cupboard?my mum does that all the time.
i'm tired of working...b0ring. . .

EADG
Reporter
Reporter

Postby EADG » Fri, 28 Dec 2007 11:45 pm

"b4^^.aft u"? "realli" ?

weixiang, you seem to have useful things to contribute - try using proper English and not this SMS nonsense in the forums, it makes you come across as unintelligent

08weixiang12 wrote:you can try by getting ur winter clothes realli dry?or send them to the laundry?
coz my family every holidays travel to realli realli cold country.so we had quite a lot of winter clothes..but our winter clothes nev get mouldy b4^^.aft u get back from the laundry try putting them in plastic bags b4 keeping into the cupboard?my mum does that all the time.

time

Postby time » Sat, 29 Dec 2007 6:48 am

EADG, totally agreed. Why this nonsensical language exists is beyond me.

08weixiang12

Postby 08weixiang12 » Sat, 29 Dec 2007 11:43 am

LOL...okok..i will try to change..but i usually type like this in msn..mayb cause we ar younger generation..my fren can understand wut im typing..but anyway..i will try to change. :D
i'm tired of working...b0ring. . .

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 29 Dec 2007 12:37 pm

You are not in msn. You are on a an English speaking and reading expatriate website. You are not on a local website populated with lians & bengs. While here, try to act like you have some intelligence. Otherwise you will be just ignored due to the perceived lack of intelligence. Give it a try. Just because you friends do it doesn't make it right. It just makes all of them look stupid and not worthy of any respect.