Singapore Expats Forum

Have a laugh on me !

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Thu, 13 Dec 2007 7:57 pm

Ozchick and SMS,

For you, courtesy of the Bard:

"Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds." :P

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Fri, 14 Dec 2007 7:58 am

Quasimodo wrote:
ozchick wrote:What ARE ya ?! Look- my mascara runs, my hair goes all frizzy, my shoes are all falling apart from wading through the puddles around my condo (need I go on?) and this ain't a good look for the chick!

Oh my good lord . . . we have a real Sheila-Rayleeene here . . .

Oh PLEASE PLEASE don't tell me you took my 'Kath and Kim speak' for the real thing?! That'll learn me !! :wink:
PS If you need anything edited, just ask me, or for that matter translated into French, German or Spanish ...mm...yeah I'd give that a shot !
Solo un chiste ! Une plaisantrie pas plus etc und im Deutche ich weisse nicht !
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 14 Dec 2007 9:42 am

Boy is Quasi going to have fun with that. In all those languages plus a few more if I remember correctly. :cool:

Eze
Regular
Regular

Postby Eze » Thu, 20 Dec 2007 12:57 pm

sometimes... jus sometimes, I love being in the rain.

It washes away all the fatigue, pain & sadness.

bigfilsing
Reporter
Reporter

Postby bigfilsing » Thu, 20 Dec 2007 1:42 pm

Eze wrote:sometimes... jus sometimes, I love being in the rain.

It washes away all the fatigue, pain & sadness.

You should start writing blues songs :D

Rain?
You need to work on a construction site for a while. A couple of hours rain is great. Brings the temp down. Get rid of all the dust. Puts all the lads in the coffee area ( team building). It's not all bad. Just deal with it.

I'm having difficulty putting Oz broilers tennis lessons and the IR construction delays into perspective :???:

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Thu, 20 Dec 2007 3:30 pm

bigfilsing wrote:I'm having difficulty putting Oz broilers tennis lessons and the IR construction delays into perspective :???:

No comparison at all. Ozchick's tennis lessons are far more frustrating. For Ozchick, of course! :)

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Thu, 20 Dec 2007 4:51 pm

bigfilsing wrote:
I'm having difficulty putting Oz broilers tennis lessons and the IR construction delays into perspective :???:

Oi ! Buggar off ! IR ? What? If you're buliding something you should get paid more of it takes longer. If not, it's not your problem...
I've had 1 tennis lesson in 3 weeks all because of this precipitation ! How am I gonna make the Oz Open when my backhands's going backwards ! :wink:
Besides that, I'm precious ! :D

And WIMH- I know what you like MOST about the rain ! Yeah..after you've walked in the rain to the taxi-stand or bus-stop, you get to put the wet folded-up umbrella in your bag with your lipstick, sunnies, Ipod etc so that everything in the bag is all wet too ! Yeah THAT'S it isn't it ? Yeah THAT's the thing I love best too ! Rain ? Bah humbug ! :wink:

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Thu, 20 Dec 2007 7:56 pm

ozchick wrote:And WIMH- I know what you like MOST about the rain ! Yeah..after you've walked in the rain to the taxi-stand or bus-stop, you get to put the wet folded-up umbrella in your bag with your lipstick, sunnies, Ipod etc so that everything in the bag is all wet too ! Yeah THAT'S it isn't it ? Yeah THAT's the thing I love best too ! Rain ? Bah humbug ! :wink:

That's why God invented plastic bags. I use a little nylon umbrella case that keeps all the wet in after you shake out the umbrella and fold and store it in the case.

Of course I understand that it takes time for modern inventions like these to filter through to places down under. :P

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Fri, 21 Dec 2007 5:44 pm

We don't need umbrellas in Oz ! Actually, that's a bit sad I spose....mm....think I like the rain after all........
Het it's quiet on here today WIMH yeah?
Gee.... have they all gone home and left us ? :cry: