Singapore Expats Forum

Have a laugh on me !

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Have a laugh on me !

Postby ozchick » Wed, 12 Dec 2007 6:20 pm

OK here's where you all get to say "I told you so !"
(Takes deep breath and types the words she's been thinking for days now )
I DON'T LIKE THIS RAIN ! I'T'S JUST TOO AWFUL ! I CAN'T GO FOR MY RUN ! I CAN'T HAVE MY TENNIS LESSON ! MY SHOES ARE ALL GETTING RUINED ! THE WHOLE THING IS CRAP ! :evil:
(Wonders if she has the courage to open this thread again after everyone has pounced on it...sigh...)
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

Plavt
Director
Director

Postby Plavt » Wed, 12 Dec 2007 7:12 pm

.........and they all told you so. :shit:

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Wed, 12 Dec 2007 8:15 pm

Don't worry, I arrive on Friday so it will stop raining, well it did the last 2 trips I made!

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Wed, 12 Dec 2007 9:12 pm

Ummm... what's wrong with being wet? I ride a motorcycle every day. Rainy season is a fact of life. Enjoy. Wet is good.

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Wed, 12 Dec 2007 10:29 pm

Plavt wrote:.........and they all told you so. :shit:

Oh those Russians ! :wink:

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 12 Dec 2007 10:40 pm

Hi Ozbroiler! :wink:

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Wed, 12 Dec 2007 10:48 pm

Hi yourself sms ! Shouldn't have posted this. My cooleagues (albeit British buggars ) have just informed me that this rain isn't NORMAL at all for the wet season. That it's usually not as consistent. So HOW do I now turn around and say, "Ah..this rain is lovely...!?
So YOU'VE BEEN HERE LONG ENOUGH- What's your opinion of this wet stuff? Fair dinkum, it's a bit much yeah ?

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Wed, 12 Dec 2007 11:08 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:Ummm... what's wrong with being wet? I ride a motorcycle every day. Rainy season is a fact of life. Enjoy. Wet is good.

What ARE ya ?! Look- my mascara runs, my hair goes all frizzy, my shoes are all falling apart from wading through the puddles around my condo (need I go on?) and this ain't a good look for the chick!
And since YOU love it so much, feel free to contribute to the 'New shoes for Ozchick' fund- I hereby declare it well and truly open !
(Oh happy people....ooh yucky.....I'll decide when it's 'happy' time - and it ain't now !) :twisted:

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 12 Dec 2007 11:22 pm

ozchick wrote:So YOU'VE BEEN HERE LONG ENOUGH- What's your opinion of this wet stuff? Fair dinkum, it's a bit much yeah ?

I bloody well hate it as well. I work in your area. Bukit Batok/Jurong East is known to be the wettest part of Singapore. However, this mess is typical of monsoon season. Back it the early '80 it seems to me it was a lot worse as it would rain in a steady clip for up to 2 weeks at a time, not the intermittent downpours like we are currently having. Back then, I lived where SE is now living opposite coronation plaza and every time we had a hard rain the whole of bukit timah/dunhearn road would flood especially during high tides.

Could be 35° w/110% humidity and not a cloud in the sky. :P

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Thu, 13 Dec 2007 7:24 am

ozchick wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:Ummm... what's wrong with being wet? I ride a motorcycle every day. Rainy season is a fact of life. Enjoy. Wet is good.

What ARE ya ?! Look- my mascara runs, my hair goes all frizzy, my shoes are all falling apart from wading through the puddles around my condo (need I go on?) and this ain't a good look for the chick!
And since YOU love it so much, feel free to contribute to the 'New shoes for Ozchick' fund- I hereby declare it well and truly open !
(Oh happy people....ooh yucky.....I'll decide when it's 'happy' time - and it ain't now !) :twisted:

And I bet you look real cute that way! New shoes? Only if I get to try them on your feet. :o

jockney
Regular
Regular

Postby jockney » Thu, 13 Dec 2007 7:24 am

Go to Scotland where we come from and when it rains...you dont want to go out as rain is associated with cold and windy!
We get that horizontal 'in yer face' rain!
At least here you can get out, damaged shoes and frizzy hair is a small price to pay! :wink:

Quasimodo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Quasimodo » Thu, 13 Dec 2007 4:27 pm

ozchick wrote:What ARE ya ?! Look- my mascara runs, my hair goes all frizzy, my shoes are all falling apart from wading through the puddles around my condo (need I go on?) and this ain't a good look for the chick!

Oh my good lord . . . we have a real Sheila-Rayleeene here . . .
One in the hand is worth two of something

Matney
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Matney » Thu, 13 Dec 2007 5:20 pm

Ozchick, you will learn... Wear your old shoes and carry your nice work shoes. Ok, it will be a hassle on some days, but sure saves on shoes. Or do like I did leave your shoes at work and wear the old ones to and from work.
It is ONLY water...we all get tired of it. 8-) You're not the only one with wet shoes in Singapore!

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Thu, 13 Dec 2007 5:27 pm

How come nobody likes the rain? I find it inconvenient too and miss my jogs, but I just love the rain. Love a good storm, love the sound of it against the window, love the look of wet grass and leaves, love the freedom of walking in the rain. I would miss the rain if I didn't have it - it makes the earth feel so alive.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 13 Dec 2007 5:44 pm

I love the rain also, as long as it's confined to just before I go to bed to just before I wake up in the morning.