Singapore Expats

Employment Pass Eligibility Certificate

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
shrikantn

Employment Pass Eligibility Certificate

Post by shrikantn » Tue, 11 Dec 2007 8:22 pm

Hi guys,
Have a question about EPEC (Employment Pass Eligibility Certificate) that I could not see much info on web.

Does anyone know
• If applied for EPEC, can I bring my family with me while looking for job with EPEC status?
• If so, will be have problem renting a place as I understand one needs some sort of pass to rent and other things.?
• Can I still apply for EntrePass whie on EPEC?

• Any down side of EPEC that one might not be aware of?

Any help with this highly appreciated,
Cheers!

reliable1

Post by reliable1 » Thu, 07 Aug 2008 4:23 pm

Hi,

Did you figure out the answer to your questions? I am interested in applying for EPEC too and was wondering if my wife/kid can come along with me, even before securing a job?

Let me know

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 07 Aug 2008 10:42 pm

Afraid I don't know the answer to that one, but frankly, common sense would tell you that you wouldn't want to bring family over and incur even more expense while being unemployed. I guess MOM might have thought it was a no brainer. Guess they might be mistaken......
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers