Singapore Expats

Shoppers at Wholefoods

Discuss about childcare, parenthood, playschools, educational, family & international school issues.

Sponsored by:

Canadian International School
cbavasi
Reporter
Reporter

Post by cbavasi » Thu, 13 Dec 2007 9:05 pm

there is a fantastic organic shop on the corner of orchard blvd and tomlinson road that is located at the bottom of 'parkhouse' condos. it's the weirdest location - but was surprised at the variety sold. they have a wide range of frozen products but didn't check them out b/c i don't shop for that.
also, there is an organic farm that we visited with my sons preschool. green circle eco farm. they have a website and will deliver.

seasider
Chatter
Chatter

Post by seasider » Thu, 13 Dec 2007 10:27 pm

Supernature (mentioned above) and Bollywood Veggies.

in8mom
Regular
Regular

Post by in8mom » Sun, 13 Jan 2008 2:31 am

*sigh*.. I miss Whole Foods.. this post has made me so homesick. :cry: 8-)

We found the whole chicken at Huber's Butchery inside NTUC Finest in Bukit Timah Plaza to be really good. While the butcher can't guarantee that it's completely natural, he trusts his supplier when they say it's hormone and antibiotic-free. That's where we've been going for everything else not found in Brown Rice Paradise (which is now located on level 2 behind the Information desk).

Based on answers from others, Kampong chicken is going to be the most natural chicken you'll find. Though if you're set on organic chicken, SuperNature has them. We bought a chicken breast-- not that big either-- for S$85.. :shock:

There's also a shop in Great World City, B2. Can't remember the name right now though..

cbavasi
Reporter
Reporter

Post by cbavasi » Sun, 13 Jan 2008 8:14 am

there are very few things i really miss about the states - but i swear when someone mentions wholefoods i get a bit melancholy :cry:
in fact, that is usually my first stop when i go back... and i find my heart beating a little faster as i walk through those doors. funny that!

in8mom
Regular
Regular

Post by in8mom » Mon, 11 Feb 2008 12:02 am

There is a new restaurant that opened in Tanglin Mall called Oomphatico's. It has a fairly decent gluten free menu-- the best I've seen (the only one being Whatever Cafe!) here. It's located on level 1. Not exactly child friendly but they seemed to "tolerate" it.

ielity

Post by ielity » Mon, 03 May 2010 9:39 pm

Did anyone visit Four Season Organic at Great World? I heard there is a great range there but haven't visited before

cbavasi
Reporter
Reporter

Post by cbavasi » Tue, 04 May 2010 1:25 pm

ielity wrote:Did anyone visit Four Season Organic at Great World? I heard there is a great range there but haven't visited before
Personally I think the shop in Great World has a the least selection of all the stores. Supernature was revamped last year and opened a separate shop (in the old space) just for things like lotions, medications, shampoos, detergents... etc. And then opened a larger space next door for all the edible items.

I think the selection of organic & vegetarian products in the supermarkets has increased tremendously from 4 years ago.

lsac0902
Regular
Regular

Post by lsac0902 » Tue, 04 May 2010 10:18 pm

you can also visit http://ginko-shop.com/ for organic skincare at very reasonable price.

kimora
Regular
Regular

Post by kimora » Sat, 08 May 2010 3:18 pm

the link thread must be old because those domains bring up no organic shops

i am also looking for Cocovita Coconut Water and no suck luck, so far i have found the sugary coconut drink which isn't the same. anyone have any recommendations for this drink?

Return to “Parenting, Family & Schools”