Singapore Expats Forum

SIA KL write-in (DEC)

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
12345
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 228
Joined: Sun, 04 Mar 2007

Postby 12345 » Mon, 14 Jan 2008 1:07 am

ktkhoo wrote:hey... any guys here passed all the interviews and going for medical check up?


Hey! I'm going for medical soon...but have yet to call to fix an appointment. Hehe. U going too? Oh, u're a guy or gurl? Lol!

stewardwannabe
Regular
Regular
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed, 22 Nov 2006
Location: yes

Postby stewardwannabe » Mon, 14 Jan 2008 1:43 am

hey guys

i went for the interview this morning.. didn;t make it pass 1st round today.. haiz!!.. only 2 guys passed from my group

our question was introduce urself and tell us why do u wanna start a carrier as a cabin crew with SIA?..

well i was kinda nervous.. but during my speech i didn;t stutter or pause ( thank god)... but still didn;t manage to get selected.. haha

oh well.. we all can try again in the next recuritment.. haha... and get thru all the rounds.. haha..


congrats 12345 ... !!!... u mst be very excited.. haha.. lucky u!!.. good luck for medical .. where is the medical?...

anyways take care.. nite.. haha.. start preparing for the interview in march...lol
SW

12345
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 228
Joined: Sun, 04 Mar 2007

Postby 12345 » Mon, 14 Jan 2008 2:05 am

stewardwannabe wrote:hey guys

i went for the interview this morning.. didn;t make it pass 1st round today.. haiz!!.. only 2 guys passed from my group

our question was introduce urself and tell us why do u wanna start a carrier as a cabin crew with SIA?..

well i was kinda nervous.. but during my speech i didn;t stutter or pause ( thank god)... but still didn;t manage to get selected.. haha

oh well.. we all can try again in the next recuritment.. haha... and get thru all the rounds.. haha..


congrats 12345 ... !!!... u mst be very excited.. haha.. lucky u!!.. good luck for medical .. where is the medical?...

anyways take care.. nite.. haha.. start preparing for the interview in march...lol


Hey!! Thanks! YES...still feeling very excited now! But nervous n worried for medical at the same time! Just pray everything goes smoothly. :)

The medical will be in jalan ampang...at newton, young & rakan-rakan. Haha! It's a pretty established clinic...i heard. My parents actually went there in 1971 for their employment med-check up last time! Lol!!!

I wish u guys all d best for the upcoming recruitment! Cheers!

elyn3ve
Regular
Regular
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun, 16 Dec 2007
Location: Sunway, Malaysia

Postby elyn3ve » Mon, 14 Jan 2008 3:48 am

stewardwannabe wrote:hey guys

i went for the interview this morning.. didn;t make it pass 1st round today.. haiz!!.. only 2 guys passed from my group

our question was introduce urself and tell us why do u wanna start a carrier as a cabin crew with SIA?..

well i was kinda nervous.. but during my speech i didn;t stutter or pause ( thank god)... but still didn;t manage to get selected.. haha

oh well.. we all can try again in the next recuritment.. haha... and get thru all the rounds.. haha..


congrats 12345 ... !!!... u mst be very excited.. haha.. lucky u!!.. good luck for medical .. where is the medical?...

anyways take care.. nite.. haha.. start preparing for the interview in march...lol


Sorry to hear that. I failed at round 1 too.

will u be going to Sg to attend the walk-in? Im planning to go there..

dream_catcher
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun, 13 Jan 2008

Postby dream_catcher » Mon, 14 Jan 2008 9:42 am

caryssa wrote:
dream_catcher wrote:hey! i'm so outdated with all these. I'm new here. GOt to know from my fren she passed all the interview on Saturday! so happy for her. and i missed it to go with ther y'day :( anyone know when will be the next recruitment in Penang? but i guess it would be tougher as they recruited so many this time :(


hi dream catcher..am also waiting for the next recruitment in penang...but my fren who went to 2day's interview told me tht the hr lady said penang interview on apr..n next kl interview is on march..u fr penang?


hi Caryssa,
I'm from penang too. Argh....why is it has to be in Apr :( then, we might gotta go for the March in KL first. BTW, i noticed you mentioned Li Yuin in your previous post. Wonder if its the same liyuin i know as well. Hehe...and yes, she passed!! I've got so happy for her and at the same time feeling envious.... LOL. Blame myself for not joining her down on last sat :P at least, i stand a 50 50 chance to get thru ma. hehe..

caryssa
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 289
Joined: Fri, 06 Apr 2007

Postby caryssa » Mon, 14 Jan 2008 12:07 pm

12345 wrote:
caryssa wrote:
12345 wrote:
dream_catcher wrote:hey 1234, where are you from? congrats that you went through! it's like a dream come through, huh. what other tips that you can share with us all?


Hi! I'm from pj. :) Thanks for ur wishes. It is indeed like a dream come through!!! Really cant let the feeling sink in yet. Haha!

Anyways, from wat i observed rite...being able to speak good and fluent english helps alot during the interview. For eg, during round 1...where there's 10 ppl, i believe the main thing they are looking for is English language proficiency. And whether the candidate is confident speaking in front of public. Not so much of the answer u give or anything.

For the other rounds, there's nothing much i can say actually. It's just more of a question and asnwer thingy. But one of the things that u must get it across to them is dat - let them know that u r ready to leave home and m'sia. That nobody at home is dependant on u and that u could leave with a peace of mind. That's one of their main concerns. Then apart from that, if u got customer service experience...just try to elaborate on it n let them know u r really service-oriented.

Oh, n also...i'm not sure if it works, but maybe just try to paint a picture that u come from a mid-class family? As in like not very rich type...very average. I think they also wanna see if u really need this job...n in this case, money would b one of the driving factors for u to hold on to the job. This is just my own guessing...not sure if that's wat they are actually thinking. Haha!

So yea, dats about it actually. Hope it helps in a way or two. Hehe. Feel free to ask any questions...i'll answer to my best ability. All d best! :)


during the skincheck, did they use spotlight? n can we wear watch during the skincheck? congrats my dear...looking forward to be ur junior very soon..hehe..


Okay...sorry to spoil the mood ya but i think i forgot to mention that i'm a guy! Lolx!!! Coz this thread is basically filled with gurls...so sorry ya i'm the only guy around talking. Haha! But hey, u can still ask me questions...except for kebaya n skin check lah coz guys dun go thru those rounds. Lol!

So yea...sorry caryssa i cant help u on ur question. But...i THINK, just think lah...they didnt use a spotlight. Coz guys also went into that same room to do some walking for them to check our posture. I saw all the kebayas there but not any spotlights. I noticed that they were really lenient this time round for the gurls kebaya n skin check round. Most of them passed :)


haha..its ok my dear..i will ask my fren regarding the skincheck..n by the way, u have msn or frenster 12345?pm me yea...

caryssa
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 289
Joined: Fri, 06 Apr 2007

Postby caryssa » Mon, 14 Jan 2008 11:07 pm

dream_catcher wrote:
caryssa wrote:
dream_catcher wrote:hey! i'm so outdated with all these. I'm new here. GOt to know from my fren she passed all the interview on Saturday! so happy for her. and i missed it to go with ther y'day :( anyone know when will be the next recruitment in Penang? but i guess it would be tougher as they recruited so many this time :(


hi dream catcher..am also waiting for the next recruitment in penang...but my fren who went to 2day's interview told me tht the hr lady said penang interview on apr..n next kl interview is on march..u fr penang?


hi Caryssa,
I'm from penang too. Argh....why is it has to be in Apr :( then, we might gotta go for the March in KL first. BTW, i noticed you mentioned Li Yuin in your previous post. Wonder if its the same liyuin i know as well. Hehe...and yes, she passed!! I've got so happy for her and at the same time feeling envious.... LOL. Blame myself for not joining her down on last sat :P at least, i stand a 50 50 chance to get thru ma. hehe..


hey dream catcher...i think the liyuin u know is the same liyuin as mine..haha..czo she is also fr penang...yea..one of my fren told me that ...but not sure if penang recruitment is reli on apr..i hope they will go penang on feb..cnt wait any longer..haha...by the way, u mind giving me ur msn add?easy for us to chat thr... :D

jlkm2005
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat, 29 Dec 2007

Postby jlkm2005 » Tue, 15 Jan 2008 2:08 am

hi caryssa & dream catcher!

i am the jas(jason) that eve mentioned about...i didnt get through the interview...sad :cry:

i was very nervous on that day n i think thats the reason why i didnt get through...i m the first guy to answer the interviewer question in a group of 10 males who enter the room together

there's only 1 interviewer as opposed to 2 that i thought...and the question is do you think being a man or a woman who has got more advantages??

most of my group incl me answer either 1 gender is better than another. but the 3 who got in answered both men and women are equal...i m not sure if the difference in answer will make any difference but they does appear confident(can see got abit nervous also la)

so in my opinion and after reading many threads in this forum i think confident is very very important....of course have to back up by reasonably good english also la...else the interviewer also dunno what u r talking about....haha

i will try the walk in @ spore on 27th jan but not sure if this is allow coz the interview dates are very close....still finding out..

User avatar
orangecake
Regular
Regular
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed, 02 May 2007

Postby orangecake » Tue, 15 Jan 2008 6:22 pm

stewardwannabe wrote:
orangecake wrote:
elyn3ve wrote:
orangecake wrote:congratz to all who received the invitation!!!

Good luck for the interview..!!

Hope to see you guyz soon..!! :wink:


hey orangecake, when is ur slot on 13th Jan?



Hey elyn3ve, actually,i'm not going for the interview..
i'm already in training.i'm a malaysian myself,so i juz wanted to wish my fellow malaysians all the best..!
Have a nice day..!! :)



hey orangacake

wow cool.. u enjoying traning.? hope eve n I .. and soon carrysa can proceed to training..lol.. that would be awesome..lol..

which intake did u go for?

have a good day!


hey stewardwannabe,
i'm really sorry for the late reply.i was pretty busy..
well,i just graduated..and yeah!! i enjoyed training a lot! i'm sure you will be able to join the big family!!

i'm was in batch 932.

You have a good day too!!!

caryssa
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 289
Joined: Fri, 06 Apr 2007

Postby caryssa » Tue, 15 Jan 2008 7:36 pm

jlkm2005 wrote:hi caryssa & dream catcher!

i am the jas(jason) that eve mentioned about...i didnt get through the interview...sad :cry:

i was very nervous on that day n i think thats the reason why i didnt get through...i m the first guy to answer the interviewer question in a group of 10 males who enter the room together

there's only 1 interviewer as opposed to 2 that i thought...and the question is do you think being a man or a woman who has got more advantages??

most of my group incl me answer either 1 gender is better than another. but the 3 who got in answered both men and women are equal...i m not sure if the difference in answer will make any difference but they does appear confident(can see got abit nervous also la)

so in my opinion and after reading many threads in this forum i think confident is very very important....of course have to back up by reasonably good english also la...else the interviewer also dunno what u r talking about....haha

i will try the walk in @ spore on 27th jan but not sure if this is allow coz the interview dates are very close....still finding out..


hi thr jason..dun feel demoralised yea..though i also feel demoralised before whn i'm rejected at the management round 1 n a half year ago..n yea..confident very important..last time whn i get in 1st round, me also stuttered a bit..but tht time am confident...haha.so mayb thts y get in..hope u n eve can attend the 27 jan interview thn..but even if cant, u n eve can always join us either in KL or PEN interview..though i duno whn they will be having a recruitment in Penang. :lol: anyway, since u cant pm me yet..juz add my msn
aimmyending@hotmail.com

12345
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 228
Joined: Sun, 04 Mar 2007

Postby 12345 » Wed, 16 Jan 2008 1:40 am

Wow! U guys are really semangat to go all the way to singapore for the interview! Keep that enthusiasm and i'm sure u all would make it very soon!!! N just in case sum of u were wondering...u can go for the singapore walk in eventhough u've just attended the kl one recently. Coz as long as u guys didnt fail at management, they are not too particular.

Okie, anyways...i thought of just sharing my experience from the interview on sat. Well, i went there pretty early...at bout 8.30am. So it wasnt that crowded yet. Then at bout 8.40 the SIA staff all came walking in...and we were seated in a room. So i was allocated to grp 2 for the 1st round of interview. Question asked was : Give a brief (very brief) intro of urself n why u wanna join SIA?". Well, for this round...i felt that they are looking for sum1 who's confident and comfortable with speaking in public. Fluent english seems to be sum sort of a must...and, most importantly...keep ur answer short n sweet. Hehe. COz the lady interviewer reiterated to us that ur answer shud be brief. They want ppl to go straight to the point. 3/10 from my group passed.

Then, proceed to the next round where for the guys they wud ask u to walk to the end of the room n forth to the front where the interviewer is standing. For the gurls, its gonna be the kebaya n skin check round. So i shall elaborate abit more on wat happened for the guys. Haha! After walking back n forth, the lady wud ask u one or two ques. As for me, she knows that i've applied b4...so all she asked was wat did i do to improve myself. That's all. Haha. For the first timers, she wud ask them y do u wanna become a cabin crew...or sumthing along that line. Then after that, u gotta stretch out ur hand...where she just wanna check ur palms for any visible scars. So in my room of 3 guys, 2 passed.

After that, gonna proceed to 1-1. This is the round they wud talk to u more personally...trying to know u better. Basically, sum of the questions asked were : 1) Did i study overseas or locally? If studied locally, y didnt u go overseas? 2) Tell me sumthing bout ur family 3) Wat made u choose this job since u studied sumthing totally unrelated to this field? (in my case, i hold an accounting degree) 4) Wat r u doing now? 5) The job scope of ur present job 6) He gave me a customer service scenario 7) Are u aware that if u get this job, u'll be based in sg? 8) And finally, he gave me a passage to read

So if u managed to clear the 1-1, u would attend the final interview i.e. management interview. This round is actually very similar to the 1-1...just that some of the questions that they shoot to u could be more tricky and they wanna assess ur personality more. For my round, there were 2 ladies who were super duper nice ppl! I'm so thankful i got them as my interviewers :) Among the questions that they asked are: 1) tell me sumthing about urself and ur interest in this position 2) u mentioned that u r passionate about customer service. Tell me how do u manifest that passion 3) bcoz i said that i read alot about sia, they asked me wat r sum of the latest news regarding sia 4) Tell me sumthing bout ur family 5) If there is one thing that u were to improve bout urself, wat would it be 6) Tell me honestly, if u are not successful this time...wat do u think would be the reason? 7) How do u keep fit? 8) Are u aware that u have to be based in sg if u are successful? How would your family react to it?
Oh, n when i was talking...i noticed that they are always observing my gestures. A slightest move would catch their attention...am not too sure wat they are trying to get from it though. But i think just dun gesture too much...and try not to talk too loud too. Haha! Just keep everything natural and composed. The passing rate for management was about 85-90% i presume coz i didnt really count one by one. But its around there...hehe. So its really good news for every1 coz its rare to have such high passing rate for the management round. :)

Oh wells, my post is getting wayyy too long. Hope it didnt sound like bedtime story to u all. Lol!!! Just hope that it could help u guys prepare for the interview in one way or another. All d best to every1!!! U guys can do it!!! :D
Last edited by 12345 on Thu, 17 Jan 2008 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Azurite
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed, 16 Jan 2008

Postby Azurite » Wed, 16 Jan 2008 10:30 am

Hey, I passed all the rounds. Now I have to do my medical check up. I kind of nervous of my medical check up. I afraid I can't get thru it.

I heard that quite a number of people failed in the medical check up in air asia, because of some sort of bacteria in the genital which is common among the ladies. But they have second chance to do the medical check up again after the bacteria is cleared.

One of my friend I met last time in the interview, told me that she get to the final round, but fail in the medical check up.

Anyone know what will they assess for the check up? If I fail the check up, am I given second chance again?

12345
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 228
Joined: Sun, 04 Mar 2007

Postby 12345 » Thu, 17 Jan 2008 2:11 am

Azurite wrote:Hey, I passed all the rounds. Now I have to do my medical check up. I kind of nervous of my medical check up. I afraid I can't get thru it.

I heard that quite a number of people failed in the medical check up in air asia, because of some sort of bacteria in the genital which is common among the ladies. But they have second chance to do the medical check up again after the bacteria is cleared.

One of my friend I met last time in the interview, told me that she get to the final round, but fail in the medical check up.

Anyone know what will they assess for the check up? If I fail the check up, am I given second chance again?


Hi Azurite,

I just went for the medical check-up on tues. Basically, they would first take ur urine and blood sample for tests. After that, u would be asked to go to a room for the chest x-ray. Then, a nurse would take ur height and weight, check ur eyesight and let u do a colour blind test. After all these, u just gotta wait for a while before the doctor calls u in for a physical examination. He/she would ask u a little bit bout ur medical history...on whether u have anything to declare etc. The doc would also take ur blood pressure and check ur eyes, nose and ear. U will also be examined for any growths on ur body.

Basically that's about it. I heard from one of the nurses there that if there's something wrong with our report, the clinic would usually call us up to go for a second test to confirm it. So, would be praying that everything goes on smoothly :)

Azurite
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed, 16 Jan 2008

Postby Azurite » Thu, 17 Jan 2008 10:20 am

They will take our blood sample? I tought they won't since they dun ask us to fasting.

12345
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 228
Joined: Sun, 04 Mar 2007

Postby 12345 » Thu, 17 Jan 2008 7:36 pm

Azurite wrote:They will take our blood sample? I tought they won't since they dun ask us to fasting.


Yea...i think its mainly to check for HIV n other stuff. Coz they wud ask u to sign a consent form allowing them to test ur blood for HIV. I think they wun check on cholestorol, diabetes n all since we r not required to fast.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest