Singapore Expats Forum

Christmas Travelling - Join Me?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
beedao
Regular
Regular

plans

Postby beedao » Wed, 12 Dec 2007 11:31 pm

thelibran wrote:
butterfly_sg wrote:Hi Guys.. Pls count me in... & let me know the confirm date ya Cheerrrs :D

so we have 3 confirmed. we have 22nd-31st. when to go? shall we do it on 22nd or 23rd and discuss what possibly can be done during the rest of the days?

Hi.. So, what's the plan now? Pls count me in & keep me updated, thks ;)
Dream what you want to dream; Go where you want to go; Be what you want to be; Because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do!

thelibran

Re: Count me out

Postby thelibran » Wed, 12 Dec 2007 11:37 pm

ballerina wrote:Either 22nd / 23rd Dec, I'm out of the country already :p
so you mean you found something to do for xmas holidays. cool. so 3 left. I guess plan is to spend a day cycling in Ubin. Hitting beach wont be a nice idea since its monsoon. Still Penang, Panghkor and Langkawi are possible choices.

ballerina

Postby ballerina » Thu, 13 Dec 2007 8:22 pm

thelibran wrote:
ballerina wrote:Either 22nd / 23rd Dec, I'm out of the country already :p
so you mean you found something to do for xmas holidays. cool. so 3 left. I guess plan is to spend a day cycling in Ubin. Hitting beach wont be a nice idea since its monsoon. Still Penang, Panghkor and Langkawi are possible choices.

I do have plans for Christmas, just no plans for 20 Dec & 1 Jan which are both public holidays.

I've been to Langkawi, it's NOOOOOO good...very polluted. Penang is good for the food but I remember tsunami hit the island on 24 Dec (not saying it's going to happen but it could be raining & all).

Btw, I'm a Malaysian Chinese :P

thelibran

Postby thelibran » Thu, 13 Dec 2007 8:46 pm

ballerina wrote:but I remember tsunami hit the island on 24 Dec (not saying it's going to happen but it could be raining & all).

Btw, I'm a Malaysian Chinese :P
:lol: :lol: I went to panghkor with 3 frnds on 24th dec, 2005 and accidentally told my parents am in one island and mom started panicking over phone. I just couldn't figure out why she had to get nervous bcoz i was in some island. then dad reminded me its going to be one year and she thought the sequel to tsunami 2004 might pop up on the same day next year. lol... anyone have any plan B??

rishi

Postby rishi » Tue, 18 Dec 2007 11:16 am

Hi all...

just thought i would add some info about cycling in P Ubin...honestly it isnt tht great...am sorry if i am spoiling someone's plan :) i cycle regularly in sg and i guess sentosa is definitely better to cycle than Ubin.

Regarding taking ur own bike, it is possible to do tht but avoid taking road bikes as the fun part of cycling in ubin is not on the road but only in the forested area and road bikes don't like tht!!

like said, food is good but not many activities to spend a whole day unless u plan to organize a bbq or atleast go in a group of 4-6. monsoon is not a good time either...

you can possibly go cycling on the roads within SG and halt at a few scenic locations like Mc Ritchie / Kranji dam / Sungei Buloh (via mandai road)... that would be a good 50K depending on where you start/end your trip..

hope it was helpful...

cheers
rishi

thelibran

Postby thelibran » Tue, 18 Dec 2007 6:54 pm

I am sorry, I am going Cambodia on 23rd till 6th.

time

Postby time » Fri, 21 Dec 2007 9:09 am

Its really hard to plan anything these few months esp. outdoor events huh? How about any indoor plans?

mf21277

Postby mf21277 » Sat, 22 Dec 2007 12:03 pm

I enjoyed bike riding in Ubin last time. I would love to join any outdoor activities if anyone interested. I want to try treetop walk, anyone? I can go tomorrow, Sunday Dec22nd.

http://www.wildsingapore.com/places/ttw.htm